• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 8:17 pm
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville

Ask me anything about Disneyworld Vacations and Golf /shopping and Food

I have been an owner of a vacation rental condo just outside the front gates of Disneyworld.

Over the past 6 years have learned alott thru trial and error about how to plan a Disneyworld Vacation.

If you have any questions or concerns ask me and I will be glad to help.

This thread is for anything to do with Disney, Universal , Kissimmee, golfing shopping and restaurants.

Did you know that Disney offers free transportation to all parks and hotels even if you do not stay at Disney.

Our favourite on site Disney hotel at a reasonable rate is Coronado Springs .

Ask us about where you can view the Magic Kingdom fireworks for FREE without even being inside the park !!! This tip is our number 1 Tip we actually feel it gives you a better vantage point than being inside the park and you can watch the seven seas lagoon electric light parade on the water and the best thing is how you avoid the crowds after the fireworks show ends.

Epcot using the backdoor entrance Number 2 Tip !

Best Tip for Universal Studios get the add on flex ticket that gets you to the front of the lines worth every penny , the Harry Potter rude can sometimes be a 2 hour wait.

Ask us about our number 1 food/restaurant tip while at Disney. This will save you lots of money.

Ask us about best Disney ride and the most overrated ride!!

Lots more Disney secrets and tips on our website under Disney secrets and tips.

[removed]
101 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1260 posts
260 upvotes
I'm in Kissimmee now, til Saturday.

Have 2 small kids (6-8yrs). Going to go to a theme park for 1 day. What's the cheapest place to get tickets?
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
To be honest Disney does not discount tickets , you might see signs for discounted tickets around the Disney area ... But stay away some are unused days still left on previous guests tickets or time share presentations.

Magic kingdom or animal kingdom your best bet and I would buy them directly at the park when you arrive or at downtown Disney.

On our website there is a company we deal with called KGS TICKETS very reputable company and we have a 3% code discount otherwise contact them directly mention our website and they will give you the discount. OVH1 is the code at KGS.

On our website click on Disney secrets and Disney tips some very good tips.

Enjoy your day with your kids. Make sure to use Fastpass they have an app now where you can pre order up to 2 rides so no waiting , or less waiting .

[removed]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2687 posts
1191 upvotes
broc wrote: I'm in Kissimmee now, til Saturday.

Have 2 small kids (6-8yrs). Going to go to a theme park for 1 day. What's the cheapest place to get tickets?
Best place to get tickets is Undercover tourist.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
This is a great Tip

1 ) Watch the magic kingdom fireworks for Free every night without any lineups drive to the Grand Floridian Hotel park across the street tell the guard you are going to view the hotel and get a drink .... Walk thru this wonderful hotel which is a great tip by itself .... Go to the back of hotel where the pool is walk down past the pool towards Narcosses restaurant .

You will see a boat dock go to the dock get there 40 minutes before fireworks and you can view the spectacular seven seas lagoon water show kids love this!!

When the fireworks start you will be viewing it across a beautiful lagoon with Cinderellas Castle as the backdrop.

I actually think it's better to view it from this location than in the park

And the best part no mass exodus of people leaving at the same time you can leave the Grand Floridian at your own pace and leave with no traffic.

My next tip will be some back Door shortcuts in and out of Disney and backways into some of the parks

All the best
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9435 posts
1970 upvotes
Somewhere
Magic Kingdom
Animal Kingdom
Universal Studios
Island of Adventure

For these four parks, if I go right when the park opens, which ride(s) do you recommend I run immediately to so I avoid the line up? (i.e. "get it out of the way") The vibe I'm getting is that I should go on the Harry Potter rides for the Universal parks.

Which rides of the Disney parks above should I use my 3 (?) daily FastPasses for?
:confused:
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
For the Disney parks I would first check that the day I am going is not the day that Disney opens the parks early for guests staying at resorts they get very busy for the general public when they do this . Usually once maybe twice a week avoid those days.

Magic kingdom the busiest rides are the mountain rides splash mountain railroad mountain and space mountain although the new mine ride is very popular although mostly for young kids .

The new mine ride is for young kids it us not worth the wait over 2 hours for adults

Small kids rides can also get very busy over an hour waiting time such as a small world

At animal kingdom the rides to use your fast passes or get there early is the safari ride and Everest also do not miss a bugs life under the tree of life real fun short interactive movie.

As for Universal studios they have the movie park and island of adventure my recommendation is to get the flex add on ticket this will move you to front of the lines cannot emphasize this enough .

When you get Fastpass or flex tickets that move you to front if line it does not mean you get directly in ride just you move up considerably.

I have used Fastpass at Disney and still waited 15 to 20 minutes on tower of terror and Rocking roller coaster but still better than 2 hours !

The Harry Potter ride I have seen 2 hours of line up for a 2minute ride however also one of the best rides.

The movie park is more tame although the new red rocket roller coaster is now open but generally more themed rides such as the Simpsons ride my fav and tornado and terminator.

Island of adventure is sheer thrill rides the hulk is very good and I like Jurassic park but my favourite one is Superman incredible technology.

If you do not buy the flex add on to get to front of the line you will have an hour minimum waiting lines on most days .

Hope this helps have fun!

If you have a rain day great time to go to parks if you don't mind getting wet.

Alan
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
Another great thing to do at Disney for Free

Check out some of the Disney Hotels some of the ones that are worth the visit

Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge Hotel
Animal Kingdom Lodge

If you want to go on a nice walk try Coronodo Springs walk to pool area and do a lap around the property very cool Mayan replica hotel

Polynesian Village have recently done a massive upgrade have not seen the inside but the new rooms on seven sea lagoons look pretty cool I can imagine very pricey.

If your on the Magic kingdom monorail line get off on the Contemporary Hotel and take the elevator to the restaurant on top called California Grill and go outside on the observatory level great view of Magic Kingdom and seven seas lagoon the restaurant is extremely pricey but the view is very nice . You must make reservations and go at night time so you view the fireworks during dinner ask for window table.

Always remember to save money eat outside of Disney , the 192 west area is only 2 minutes from Animal kingdom and on the 192 west you will find every restaurant you can imagine at a fraction of the cost and in my opinion better food.

Check out the Bib Evans on 192 west fantastic home cooked meals and usually have coupons for families also try the new Mannys opening soon on the 192 west my all time favourite place to eat very casual great food great prices .

The shortcut out of Disney is located near Animal kingdom park wherever you are in Dusney head towards the signs that say Animal Kingdom just follow the signs when you can see the park you have an option of veering left towards animal kingdom lodge veer left to the lights and turn left on SHERBUTH ST ... Take Sherbuth directly to 192 west maybe 2 minutes turn left for bob Evans and turn right for many other top restaurants.

More tips to come if you have any other questions please pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
9435 posts
1970 upvotes
Somewhere
If I go in mid-April, how are the crowds? The usual crowd websites says the dates I'm going are "Green" for low and "Yellow" for moderate (because weekend), would you still recommend the Universal Express Pass? The unlimited one is too pricey, I'll probably get the regular Express Pass where it's once per ride per day.
:confused:
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
Anything after Easter crowds are average however average crowds are alott of people .

For example in Mid Sept which is low crowds I could not believe how busy the parks were.

Universal studios in Sept the rides without the flex pass was 1 to 1.5 hrs.

It's always going to be busy just have to plan what days to hit specific parks

I truly do not believe there us ever a time when you do not wait for rides Disneys marketing is amazing

People from every corner of the globe our last time lots of British and South Anerica.

The new Disney app really gives you a good idea on how long waiting times will be.

For example try getting a Fastpass for Everest roller coaster at 9 am if the first time you can get is after 2 pm it's going to be very busy .

Problem with the fast passes is everyone else is reserving

We tried to get Fastpass for Tower of terror in the morning 10 am and got a Fastpass time at 630 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2617 posts
497 upvotes
Whitby
osgoode3 wrote: This is a great Tip

1 ) Watch the magic kingdom fireworks for Free every night without any lineups drive to the Grand Floridian Hotel park across the street tell the guard you are going to view the hotel and get a drink .... Walk thru this wonderful hotel which is a great tip by itself .... Go to the back of hotel where the pool is walk down past the pool towards Narcosses restaurant .

You will see a boat dock go to the dock get there 40 minutes before fireworks and you can view the spectacular seven seas lagoon water show kids love this!!

When the fireworks start you will be viewing it across a beautiful lagoon with Cinderellas Castle as the backdrop.

I actually think it's better to view it from this location than in the park

And the best part no mass exodus of people leaving at the same time you can leave the Grand Floridian at your own pace and leave with no traffic.

My next tip will be some back Door shortcuts in and out of Disney and backways into some of the parks

All the best
Respectfully disagree - Wishes is best seen from the beach at the Polynesian. Grab a spot on the beach, they pipe in the music and have a cocktail. Watch the movie of the night if you want.
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
I have never viewed it from that location but agree that would be an incredible spot I will try it next time .anything on the lagoon is a great spot think it's better from further back then inside the park

Thanks for the great tip .... Always learning
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
Raymondly you seen the new Tahiti style rentals they are building on the water they look very nice I can only imagine the price tag per night , I would think it would be higher than Grand Floridian and those rooms can go fir over $500 night
[OP]
Jan 10, 2010
348 posts
34 upvotes
Oakville
Great Wolf Lodge opening in the Disney area next year .

Seems lots of new attractions coming to the Disney area adding to the new Legoland Park and a Jimmy Buffet Margarittaville location .

Over 12,000 vacation rentals alone in the Disney area, not including hotel rooms.

Parks are packed everyday of the year !