Automotive

Ask Me Anything About Honda Service and Repairs

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2021 8:40 am
Jun 8, 2012
322 posts
126 upvotes
Hi All,

I have a check engine light on in my Honda. It came on after i drove over a street car guard rail. Its been a while, the cars running fine but i had took it to the honda dealership they said it has something to do with a leak due the bump between the o2 sensors / around the catalytic converter.

Do you have any suggestions where i should take this to get it fixed? Honda is asking $700+tax to fix it. Would be nice to get it fixed from a trusted 3rd party place with a reasonable price.

Thanks!
Dec 6, 2013
84 posts
26 upvotes
Hi All,

I have my honda odyssey 2006 touring spark plug blow out and stripped off today as per my mechanic. He said my engine will probably need to be replaced due to the blown out spark plug unless I can find a shop that does the re-threading of the spark plug thread without taking the cylinder out. Any suggestion on where to go in Peel region or within GTA for a good mechanic shop that does this type of repairs and if so, what is the approximate repair cost I am looking at? Thanks in advance for all the info/suggestions!
Dec 28, 2010
919 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto
Regular oil change and inspection at dealer 2018CRV, 62k
Came back with comments - breaks 6mm in front and 7mm in rear, but seized in carrier.
Dealer wants $275 to service the breaks.
Do find stiffness when breaking ..but it's works ok. Is it due to not driving much from last 1yrs. Better to get it done at dealer? Will get new tires soon, should get it done at another shop with tire mounting ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)