Shopping Discussion

Asking Amazon.ca to price match..... possible ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 12:08 pm
[OP]
Jan 9, 2006
124 posts
9 upvotes

Asking Amazon.ca to price match..... possible ?

Hi. I found the price for a dehumidifier at Lowe's. Amazon.ca has the same model but they want $75 more. Can I get Amazon to price match Lowe's price ?
if possible can you tell me how plz? thank you
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5681 posts
5075 upvotes
herbeapuce wrote: Hi. I found the price for a dehumidifier at Lowe's. Amazon.ca has the same model but they want $75 more. Can I get Amazon to price match Lowe's price ?
No
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
3829 posts
2602 upvotes
They don't price match. Why not just buy it from Lowe's?
Before responding to someone (online or offline) ask yourself: is it true? is it helpful? is it kind? is it necessary? This comes from an old Sufi adage that is so relevant today.
Sep 27, 2003
10206 posts
2752 upvotes
Newmarket
Amazon does not price match nor do they adjust pricing on previous purchases.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
1557 posts
363 upvotes
Why don't you support Lowes during this crisis if their price is lower? Not like Amazon is hurting.
[OP]
Jan 9, 2006
124 posts
9 upvotes
thank you for your answers.

@hightech: I didn't buy from Lowes because I'm in Montreal and they are in Ottawa ( closest) but they would only sell the extended warranty ( a must for a dehumidifier... again yes a must ) in store in person.

Regards
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2198 posts
1092 upvotes
London
herbeapuce wrote: thank you for your answers.

@hightech: I didn't buy from Lowes because I'm in Montreal and they are in Ottawa ( closest) but they would only sell the extended warranty ( a must for a dehumidifier... again yes a must ) in store in person.

Regards
why do u need an extended warranty for a dehumidifier i used a 40 year old one for ages till i replaced it with an a/c
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13547 posts
8509 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Which dehumidifier? I need one!
herbeapuce wrote: Hi. I found the price for a dehumidifier at Lowe's. Amazon.ca has the same model but they want $75 more. Can I get Amazon to price match Lowe's price ?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2751 posts
2506 upvotes
GTA
aaron158 wrote: why do u need an extended warranty for a dehumidifier i used a 40 year old one for ages till i replaced it with an a/c
Things were made a lot better back then than they are now.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2198 posts
1092 upvotes
London
tew wrote: Things were made a lot better back then than they are now.
ya but u can get cheap ones between 100 and 200 for that kind of cash u are better off just tossing it when it dies and buying another one.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3464 posts
1747 upvotes
Waterloo
herbeapuce wrote: thank you for your answers.

Regards
How much is the extended warranty
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1035 posts
428 upvotes
Amazon does have a "report lower price" link at the bottom of the item page. You can try submitting a lower online price. If they do price match it, the price will magically lower a few days later
[OP]
Jan 9, 2006
124 posts
9 upvotes
@aaron158 because all dehumidifier are now built to self destroy around their 3rd year. this new one is my 3rd dehu. and both ones before broke.

@Cheapo-Findo its model FFAD7033R1 it's a good model until it brakes.

@ tew. honestly they are now built really cheap.

@crystallight . the first extended warranty I bought 3 years ago was under $40. this one now in 2020 for the same exact model was $95 .. so that tells you one thing... they know it will brake.
but their service is excellent. I called to say it was broken, the said we will email a prepaid shipping sticker, once they get a proof of shipping , the will issue a full refund $435.76. BUT then one minute later . I get an email saying : nevermind shipping back the broken unit , you will receive a check within 10 day. so no question asked vip warranty I found.

@ariel thank you.. didn't know. it's now to late. Regards

i got the check, and my new unit is in my basement working as a charm.

thanks everyone for your help.
stef
ps how to get notification when I get a reply plz ?