• Apr 26th, 2020 9:19 am
[OP]
Jan 27, 2015
37 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Asphalt driveway sealing

Hi there -

Looking to seal up my asphalt driveway in the coming weeks. What would you guys recommend in terms of (i) type of sealant for the driveway (e.g., coal tar, oil based, water based, others?) and (ii) type of fill for crack repairs (hot rubberized or cold pour)?

Appreciate the input as always! Thanks!
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
3244 posts
1992 upvotes
Montreal
I sealed mine every other year with the CT bucket stuff, neighbor didn't, after 10+ years other than color difference the surface degradation is almost the same.
Penalty Box
Oct 13, 2008
4729 posts
1695 upvotes
freshnoodles wrote: Hi there -

Looking to seal up my asphalt driveway in the coming weeks. What would you guys recommend in terms of (i) type of sealant for the driveway (e.g., coal tar, oil based, water based, others?) and (ii) type of fill for crack repairs (hot rubberized or cold pour)?

Appreciate the input as always! Thanks!
WAY TOO EARLY! Do it in August/September.

Buy when on sale and wait.

You do it now because the temp is still too cold .... you're going to see cracks. and it will be a waste of time and money
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2