Expired Hot Deals

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IU-BS76 14” 120Hz FHD, GTX 1660Ti with Max Q Design, 4800HS, 16GB, 512GB - $1,500

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 7:49 pm
[OP]
Jun 17, 2018
143 posts
264 upvotes

Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 GA401IU-BS76 14” 120Hz FHD, GTX 1660Ti with Max Q Design, 4800HS, 16GB, 512GB - $1,500

Deal Link:
Price:
$1,500
Savings:
$200 off
Last edited by FunnyGamer on Oct 12th, 2020 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
52 replies
Jan 1, 2019
49 posts
89 upvotes
Bought one today at CC and my right speaker is blown, while the left one is distorted and crackly... no amount of drivers or updates fixed it. sigh... gotta go return it tomorrow. windows laptop quality control everyone...
Dec 11, 2013
405 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
Chongus wrote: Bought one today at CC and my right speaker is blown, while the left one is distorted and crackly... no amount of drivers or updates fixed it. sigh... gotta go return it tomorrow. windows laptop quality control everyone...
I'm sorry to hear that, but Windows has nothing to do with it. It might be bad QC or just a bad unit, exchange it and see what you get.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10047 posts
6099 upvotes
JFlash20 wrote: I'm sorry to hear that, but Windows has nothing to do with it. It might be bad QC or just a bad unit, exchange it and see what you get.
It's bait.
Jan 1, 2019
49 posts
89 upvotes
@JFlash20 Its to do with the fact that low and even mid-tier Windows laptop manufacturers are just cobbling components together into a tiny form factor from multiple sources with no synergy. Take a look at this post on the g14 subreddit. A whole write up of issues that you have to deal with before you can even start using the laptop. https://www.reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/co ... to_common/
I've tried the Razer Blade 15, Thinkpad X1, and now this one, each with different quality issues... Think i'm just gonna stick with Apple for laptops and settle with building a pc for gaming/dGPU i guess.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1817 posts
1248 upvotes
condo
Chongus wrote: @JFlash20 Its to do with the fact that low and even mid-tier Windows laptop manufacturers are just cobbling components together into a tiny form factor from multiple sources with no synergy. Take a look at this post on the g14 subreddit. A whole write up of issues that you have to deal with before you can even start using the laptop. https://www.reddit.com/r/ZephyrusG14/co ... to_common/
I've tried the Razer Blade 15, Thinkpad X1, and now this one, each with different quality issues... Think i'm just gonna stick with Apple for laptops and settle with building a pc for gaming/dGPU i guess.
cool story bro Smiling Face With Sunglasses tell us more /s
Feb 4, 2019
313 posts
455 upvotes
If you want to save a few more dollars, keep an eye on the Best Buy Open Box as when this sale is on, the open box drops to $1409.99. This sale has come and gone a few times in the last few months, so while you might not be able to get an open box this time around, you might be able to get it next time if you're quick.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/as ... x/14897860
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2348 posts
622 upvotes
Chongus wrote: I've tried the Razer Blade 15, Thinkpad X1, and now this one, each with different quality issues... Think i'm just gonna stick with Apple for laptops and settle with building a pc for gaming/dGPU i guess.
I don't think you can get AMD zen 2 chips + nvidia 1660ti in an apple laptop at all.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14168 posts
4628 upvotes
London
If you don't mind open box amazon routinely had 2060s with 9th gen intel cpus for around $1300
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2348 posts
622 upvotes
Geoff2 wrote: Amazon warehouse has a couple of these in 15 inches listed for $1278 in "Very good" condition. Usually means open box, especially the "Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Accessories may have cosmetic damage." one.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=ALL

Please note amazon warehouse deals have only a 90 day warranty and are unlikely to be eligible for manufacturer's warranty. I personally wouldn't do it to save $220 on a laptop with lots of knows issues.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2924 posts
610 upvotes
Chongus wrote: Bought one today at CC and my right speaker is blown, while the left one is distorted and crackly... no amount of drivers or updates fixed it. sigh... gotta go return it tomorrow. windows laptop quality control everyone...
Love the specs, but I'm worried about the build quality.
Jan 23, 2013
228 posts
968 upvotes
spiralspirit wrote: Please note amazon warehouse deals have only a 90 day warranty and are unlikely to be eligible for manufacturer's warranty. I personally wouldn't do it to save $220 on a laptop with lots of knows issues.
If your laptop has a defect (scratch, etc), you are able to return it well over a year after purchase if you complain (I've been able to, didn't return though). I've also used manufacturer's warranty with no issues. There's obviously a risk, but you can find steals on open box items.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2348 posts
622 upvotes
Geoff2 wrote: If your laptop has a defect (scratch, etc), you are able to return it well over a year after purchase if you complain (I've been able to, didn't return though). I've also used manufacturer's warranty with no issues. There's obviously a risk, but you can find steals on open box items.
I just checked and those items, marked used, are only 30 days return period from amazon. If amazon will give you back your money for longer, that's at their discretion rather than a policy, and not something you should plan for.