• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2021 3:15 am
Tags:
Mar 3, 2009
566 posts
51 upvotes

Asus tablets any good?

Hi all,
I noticed recently a thread on tablets - what to get - people mentioned Apple and Samsung

I didn't see any reference to Asus tablets... are they any good?

Thanks.
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
I am pretty sure it depends on the tablet. Even some Samsung tablets are crappy.
Aug 30, 2012
177 posts
81 upvotes
The Nexus 7 from Asus is an excellent tablet
Mar 3, 2009
566 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks guys... so I guess no Asus fans here

I think I'll just settle on an Ipad

I did notice that for the same price point, (around $430) you can get a Samsung with 64Gig or an Ipad with 32Gig

I'm wondering if apps on Android generally need more memory? Is that extra memory a real bonus, or just because it's needed to run well?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
2547 posts
1902 upvotes
GTA
Not a fan of Asus after a bad experience with a laptop some time ago. I never consider an Asus product in my buying decision.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
fred999 wrote: I'm wondering if apps on Android generally need more memory? Is that extra memory a real bonus, or just because it's needed to run well?
Anything above 16GB is just to store pictures and videos, so it's a bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
Does Asus even make or sell tablets anymore? They've all been removed from the Asus Canada site.
Mar 3, 2009
566 posts
51 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Anything above 16GB is just to store pictures and videos, so it's a bonus.
At BestBuy I don't see any Ipad with 64gig, yet I see Samsung comes with 64. Is 32gig really enough for doing basic stuff?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
fred999 wrote: At BestBuy I don't see any Ipad with 64gig, yet I see Samsung comes with 64. Is 32gig really enough for doing basic stuff?
Everybody's basic stuff differs. I had a phone with 16GB for the longest time. I had a bunch of apps on it for doing my "basic stuff". When I got warnings occasionally that my space was running low I went through pictures and deleted bad and unneeded ones, the rest I transferred to my PC. After that I got a lot of free space again until I took a lot of pictures again. For me 16GB was plenty for apps. If you are going to take a lot of pictures and videos with your tablet (which I doubt) then get one with more space. Having said that I think 32GB will be enough even if you take a lot of pictures.
Feb 23, 2004
928 posts
220 upvotes
Richmond
I worked for a company that bought a few (4 or 5?) Asus Transformers (TF700 I think it was called?) back in the day. Every single one stopped working within a year. Warranty claims were more trouble than they were worth, but still a step up from Samsung which had effectively zero warranty. Stuck with iPads in the end and never looked back.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)