ASUS VG245H vs VG245HY difference

Is there any difference?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4321 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
teoconca wrote: Is there any difference?
Latter is a new model i believe.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8428 posts
3007 upvotes
Maple
I bought HY and H, spending hours to look and compare physically and online. Specs are very similar, I would say they have same specs. I also think one is newer model. I would say HY is newer model.
Feb 9, 2008
341 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
The Y version might be a Best Buy exclusive part number so that you can't price match, but physically identical to VG245H.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2086 posts
1126 upvotes
GTA
zerod wrote: The Y version might be a Best Buy exclusive part number so that you can't price match, but physically identical to VG245H.

I was thinking the same thing. ASUS did this to their routers as well. I don't know if they still do it. I have the ASUS RT-AC87U router but I bought mine from BB because it was cheaper then elsewhere at the time and my packaging/branding came as AC87R.

I remember I was freaking out years back, if I could update the firmware or not because mine said "R" and the website says "U" and there was nothing under "R". CSR cleared up "R" was marked for "retail" for whatever reasion, etc, and that it is a U router and it was safe to update firmware.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2339 posts
1359 upvotes
Calgary
zerod wrote: The Y version might be a Best Buy exclusive part number so that you can't price match, but physically identical to VG245H.
Bingo! I remember when I was looking at a few Asus monitors and some retailers had an EHE variant and others had EHEY. Same thing.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
8428 posts
3007 upvotes
Maple
Interesting! Both of these were purchased from BB. You were right, all of Google search results for HY were from BB. Thanks.