ATCO Energy Plans (Alberta Only)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 12, 2018
Retailer:
ATCO
I just received email from ATCO and would like to share this energy plans
It looks not too bad

Good things come in threes, like our lowest guaranteed rates ever. Rest easy for the next three years knowing no matter what happens to energy prices in Alberta, you’ll be paying just 3¢/kWh for electricity and $3/GJ for natural gas.

Plus, if you secure your 3-year guaranteed rate plan by November 12 you'll receive a $50 Early Bird Credit. So stop worrying about the ups and downs of electricity and natural gas prices and sign up today.
159 replies
Mar 11, 2018
48 posts
63 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Electric has been well over 0.03/kWh though.
Dec 19, 2005
83 posts
9 upvotes
There is fine print:

With this promotion you would have to change both gas and electricity. In addition, just to let you know, there are few differences with this agreement compared to our current agreements such as the new administration fee of $5.99 per service every month, no anniversary credits, and a cancellation fee.
The early departure fee is $150/site for cancellation during the first year of your plan, $100/site during the second year and $50/site during the third year. There is no fee if you cancel in the last 3 months of your term.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1089 posts
485 upvotes
CALGARY
So who's the better provider in Calgary and is Fixed or Variable the way to go?
Dec 1, 2008
126 posts
142 upvotes
Calgary
Not sure if this is the right category for this but it appears ATCO Energy is really trying hard to get new customers. They're offering $0.03 / Kwh and $3 / Gj Electricity and Gas package fixed for 3 years. ALBERTA Residents only. I think current provincial cap is $0.068 / Kwh for electricity while gas is somewhat comparable to current rates. Check your bill to see if this is worth it for you. If you sign up before November 12 you even get $50 bill credit. This deal is applicable to current customers too!! Sign up online is probably easiest. I tried calling in and was put on hold for quite a while so just signed up through the link: http://choose.atcoenergy.com/three-for- ... ee+for+All

Hope this helps some people...
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
It's funny because we're moving and I literally called yesterday morning, accidentally stumbling onto this deal, getting service for our new address. I had also called on the 31st (to cancel our current ATCO service at current residence), and a rep tried to get me to commit to keeping ATCO for the new residence, but decided to cancel (at current address) anyways and shop around a bit. So lucky I waited.

It's a pretty good price, but also notable is the hefty cancellation fees.
Best deals:
May 25, 2010
170 posts
68 upvotes
Calgary
thanks OP. i am getting ripped by Enmax for the past 5 years, time for a change.
Koodo $75/20GB and $60/12GB
May 10, 2005
402 posts
47 upvotes
No cancellation fee as far as I know.
TaurusJudge wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:19 pm
It's funny because we're moving and I literally called yesterday morning, accidentally stumbling onto this deal, getting service for our new address. I had also called on the 31st (to cancel our current ATCO service at current residence), and a rep tried to get me to commit to keeping ATCO for the new residence, but decided to cancel (at current address) anyways and shop around a bit. So lucky I waited.

It's a pretty good price, but also notable is the hefty cancellation fees.
Jul 21, 2013
601 posts
243 upvotes
Calgary
I hope most are on foating rates anyway, here's the history:
https://ucahelps.alberta.ca/historic-rates.aspx

I noticed my bill was quite a bit higher this year because the floating rates are almost double from last year.

I'm now on EasyMax: Floating Electricity + 1¢/kWh Transaction Fee, and paid last month $0.037 + $0.01 transaction fee
and for gas EasyMax: Floating Gas + 99¢/GJ Transaction Fee, and paid last month $1.56 + $0.99 transaction fee

Are the ATCO rates including transaction fee's?
Last edited by Roger21 on Nov 3rd, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2009
244 posts
404 upvotes
3 cents per kWh is hot, $3 per GJ is not. Penalty fees kill this deal. Better off going RRO + floating gas.
Jan 31, 2018
464 posts
354 upvotes
+1 Antminer farm if there is no limit on usage at a good rate.
Dec 5, 2012
25 posts
13 upvotes
CALGARY
Roger21 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:58 pm
I hope most are on foating rates anyway, here's the history:
https://ucahelps.alberta.ca/historic-rates.aspx

I noticed my bill was quite a bit higher this year because the floating rates are almost double from last year.

I'm now on EasyMax: Floating Electricity + 1¢/kWh Transaction Fee, and paid last month $0.037 + $0.01 transaction fee
and for gas EasyMax: Floating Gas + 99¢/GJ Transaction Fee, and paid last month $1.56 + $0.99 transaction fee

Are the ATCO rates including transaction fee's?
I can tell you right now thats not a true statement for the floating rate, from your own link, it shows floating hasn't been 0.03x since the end of last year. in addition i have all the bills from enmax to prove it..
it has been at the 0.06x $ cap for the whole summer including aug-sept bill.