Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[The Athletic] The Athletic: 12 months for $1 per month

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2020 10:41 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3431 posts
1560 upvotes
Canada

The Athletic: 12 months for $1 per month

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 30, 2020
Retailer:
The Athletic
I just got an email saying The Athletic subscription is avalable to new customers until November 30 for $1 per month for 12 months.
Last edited by gbill2004 on Nov 27th, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
19 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 8, 2020
194 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
gbill2004 wrote: I just got an email saying The Athletic subscription is avalable to new customers until November 30 for $1 per month for 12 months.
Their website says it's available for $1/week for 12 months.
Jr. Member
Oct 8, 2020
194 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
gbill2004 wrote: Email I got says $1 per month.
So maybe the $1/month offer is available to customers they're targeting specifically?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2249 posts
1544 upvotes
Calgary
Wish you could add this on to an existing subscription!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1733 posts
1544 upvotes
Montréal
My sub just ran out, i didn't renew and i got this offer via email
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 30, 2017
60 posts
73 upvotes
toronto
Thanks OP. I will get this for the Bills coverage. It is quality sports journalism and the analysis is top notch
Been reading up on the thesaurus lately because a mind is a terrible thing to garbage.
Newbie
Jul 6, 2006
92 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks OP - Subscription ran out today! Signed up the wifey for < 1/2 what I paid last year. For anyone unsure about subscribing if you want quality writing about your favourite sports team(s) The Athletic cannot be beat.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2020
9 posts
1 upvote
$0.75 is only for 6 months. Thanks OP. In for 12 months @ $1 a month. This price is amazing!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3431 posts
1560 upvotes
Canada
Is it possible to cancel this as soon as you subscribe so that you stop paying after the 12 months is up?
Newbie
Jul 6, 2006
92 posts
36 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Is it possible to cancel this as soon as you subscribe so that you stop paying after the 12 months is up?
I don't believe so since they are just charging $1 per month every month. You could set a reminder in a calendar somewhere (Google?) to cancel in November 2021 - that's what I did.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3431 posts
1560 upvotes
Canada
Has anyone ever had issues cancelling? Like you cancel but they keep charging you? Only reason I haven't signed up for this yet is I don't like giving out my credit card number for subscriptions.
Newbie
Jul 6, 2006
92 posts
36 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Has anyone ever had issues cancelling? Like you cancel but they keep charging you? Only reason I haven't signed up for this yet is I don't like giving out my credit card number for subscriptions.
Cancelled yesterday before signing up the wife - it is all done online and had zero issues.
Newbie
Mar 31, 2006
76 posts
43 upvotes
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Bulldogge wrote: Cancelled yesterday before signing up the wife - it is all done online and had zero issues.
Me too. No issues cancelling.
Member
User avatar
Jul 6, 2008
440 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
They are targeting more users with Boxing Day. Got this today. Checkout your emails or targeted ads on fb/ig/etc

Top