Hot Deals

[The Athletic] The Athletic Sports Site $1.25/month subscription

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 7:48 pm
Aug 20, 2011
484 posts
254 upvotes
Pallet Town
My paypal receipt only shows $9 as well.

I did notice last night when I first went to pay, the rate did jump back up to full price (right before I clicked the confirm button). Thought I messed something up, but glad I backed out and refreshed the page before paying with Paypal. :)
Glad they're providing refunds though
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7129 posts
1891 upvotes
T dot 6
Used Paypal, was charged $9 CAD. Awesome deal.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6802 posts
3230 upvotes
samj1 wrote: The have slowly scooped up some of the best sports writers and provide an outlet for longer and more in-depth stories. Do a trial. Or download the app - you used to get 3 free articles the first time.
dietertong wrote: They do have in-depth analytics and in-depth articles - and some fluff pieces - keep in mind Shams write for The Athletic - so you get a deeper dive often of how deals went / broke down.

Is Shams still officially at the Athletic? Or is he just freelancing atm? He's suppose to be a free agent as of September. With the rumour a couple weeks ago that he'd team back up with Woj at ESPN.

Link: https://www.si.com/nba/cavaliers/nba-am ... e-athletic
Sep 18, 2017
562 posts
767 upvotes
Vancouver
ThomasocnuR wrote: Looks like $9.01 CAD for first year through this link https://theathletic.com/checkout2?plan_ ... roperiod12
All I see is the annual option at $5.99/month or the monthly option at $9.99/month

I click on the 1-step checkout on PayPal and it tells me to login and then I only have the option to pay and not see how much I'm actually being charged.
Aug 22, 2019
60 posts
34 upvotes
I clicked on the link and it shows 5.99 so I think the deal died
Dec 14, 2017
334 posts
328 upvotes
Brutal. Saw this 10 minutes ago, grabbed my CC, and now it's gone.
Jan 27, 2017
87 posts
23 upvotes
1. Do you click cancel subscription to stop auto renewal?

2. Where do you stop auto renewal on paypal?
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2342 posts
1617 upvotes
So how many people can share single subscription? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1047 posts
553 upvotes
I forgot to negotiate / cancel and renew subscription at the end of the year, and they automatically charged me full price ($7 a month?) after 12 months :(

Still, I love the content, so I'm keeping it. I just set a reminder to negotiate or cancel / renew prior to the next renewal date.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3301 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
i got an email saying $9 for the year, but pending charges on CC is $71.99

Grrr... will await for charges to permanent before I make a stink about it.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1096 posts
212 upvotes
Signed up for the $1.25/m offer but the confirmation email says it is only for 3 months.

I have to say that I really hate businesses that change their subscription prices so frequently. It's a real slap in the face to anyone who paid full price or even a slightly discounted rate when you then basically give it away. Pick a price and maybe have an annual sale for Labour Day or whatever.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)