Travel

Atlantic Canada - just returned from there - ask me about Covid Procdeures or what to see

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 12:02 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3372 posts
729 upvotes
North York

Atlantic Canada - just returned from there - ask me about Covid Procdeures or what to see

If you are planning a trip to Atlantic Canada (NS, PE or NB) - feel free to ask me about Covid procedures or what to see, etc.

I just returned on Sep 24, so everything is still fresh in my mind.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1098 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
Cases are going up and changes are happening fast. What was there a few weeks ago can have changed. e.g. PEI now will test everyone entering (did not test if you're fully vaccinated and were in the Atlantic bubble for 14+ days)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
3372 posts
729 upvotes
North York
@PointsHubby, I flew to Halifax - rent a car thru Costco and then drove to Peggy's Cove the first evening, the next day left for Cape Breton (did the Cabot Trail and Louisburg), then PEI by Ferry and then Moncton (Hopewell Rocks) and then Mahone Bay and Lunenburg and then to Halifax. However met 2 parties, one had driven from Mississauga and the other from Niagara Region.

@Cavegirl, they did preliminary screening on the Ferry to PEI - for those who had been fully vaccinated and in Atlantic Provinces for more than 14 days - they were give a red clearance paper - which they just waved once of the Ferry. As we were less than 14 days in the Atlantic Provinces we were tested - a quick swab and allowed to proceed with instructions that to keep checking our cell phone incase we tested positive for further instructions. All was fine with our tests - so we continued. Halifax at the airport we just showed our Pre-clearance Entry form. There was no checking entering NB via the Confederation Bridge.
Last edited by sheriffabc on Oct 1st, 2021 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1098 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
sheriffabc wrote: @Cavegirl, they did preliminary screening on the Ferry to PEI - for those who had been fully vaccinated and in Atlantic Provinces for more than 14 days - they were give a red clearance paper - which they just waved once of the Ferry. As we were less than 14 days in the Atlantic Provinces we were tested - a quick swab and allowed to proceed with instructions that to keep checking our cell phone incase we tested positive for further instructions. All was fine with our tests - so we continued. Halifax at the airport we just showed our Pre-clearance Entry form. There was no checking entering NB iva the Confederation Bridge.
We drove. There is no check point or any checking into NB. NB did relax rules to not require masks indoor, which is a mistake as cases are going up and they are re-thinking.

There is check point into NS, and they wanted to see proof you're fully vaccinated.

Going into PEI, we didn't need to be tested as we were in Atlantic provinces for 14+ days. But that just changed, and starting today (Sept. 30) they are testing everyone, as cases are going up.

Cases are going up, and they can change the rules any time. So what was there a few days ago, may already have changed (e.g. PEI)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)