[OP]
Sep 2, 2021
24 posts
201 upvotes

Herman Miller Embody Headrest Prelaunch sale- $247 CAD

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Atlas Headrest
Brace yourselves for downvotes and negative comments on spending $2K for a chair + $250 for a headrest... but for those that have an embody and waiting for the headrest to be released... the prelaunch is finally here! Got one myself and super excited for it :)

A youtuber reviewed the prototype if anyone is interested:

Last edited by HiddenStreetYVR on Dec 30th, 2022 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
111 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2010
1808 posts
1070 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP! Been waiting for this
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7664 posts
4367 upvotes
Debtario
Hmm thinking of picking up an aeron headrest.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Feb 13, 2014
19 posts
2 upvotes
Edmonton
Thansk for sharing, just placed my order. Hope it's good.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
6051 posts
5873 upvotes
Vancouver
How much are the wheels?
Oct 29, 2019
536 posts
395 upvotes
What is the actual release/shipping date for these?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7612 posts
4415 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a reason HM doesn't make a headrest? Or for that matter, why don't they make chairs that already have headrests / tall enough to incorporate a headrest already? And i thought embody was already tall enough to rest your head, are you telling me the back only comes up to the neck?
Jul 6, 2010
152 posts
67 upvotes
Alberta
Been waiting for this. Still won’t ship till Marchish it sounds like. Is there any reason to preorder this rather than just wait for immediate availability?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2418 posts
1509 upvotes
Burnaby
Anyone have experience buying from this company before? A headrest is the only thing missing in my Embody so this is def tempting
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7516 posts
3692 upvotes
Canuckland
I’d wait for reviews, $10 discount is not worth the preorder

Also can’t pre order in CAD, gotta dump the full amount and won’t ship until April
Last edited by DealCanuck on Dec 30th, 2022 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2021
24 posts
201 upvotes
Nope it only goes up to my shoulders and I am about 5 foot 8. Not sure why HM doesn't make a headrest, but this company is pretty reputable for building HM Aeron headrests (lots of reviews on youtube to support this).

Also, it is far to wait for reviews. However, the following may change your decision:

- Could result in longer wait times (we are expecting march for preorders... so I am assuming if you don't mind waiting at least a year then hold back)
- Past reviews on their past products has given me confidence to buy (Aeron headrest - amazing reviews on youtube). There is also a prototype review posted above for the embody if that helps
- Lastly they have a return policy: "We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to return it."

All in all, it is a hefty price tag (but this is not targeting kirkland RFDers, but those who have bought the embody knowing the value add it brings). The headrest seems like a game changer for such a perfect chair that I just can't go without one!
Last edited by HiddenStreetYVR on Dec 30th, 2022 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5983 posts
4434 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Tempted to get one. hmmmm....
Feb 9, 2012
91 posts
36 upvotes
Ontario
Throwing in my two cents - I have an Atlas headrest for my Aeron and totally love it. There's likely ergonomic reasons why Herman Miller doesn't produce it but from a comfort and functional point of view, the headrest was a really good addition for me.
May 22, 2014
479 posts
363 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: Is there a reason HM doesn't make a headrest? Or for that matter, why don't they make chairs that already have headrests / tall enough to incorporate a headrest already? And i thought embody was already tall enough to rest your head, are you telling me the back only comes up to the neck?
hm doesnt make a headrest because its designed to be an ergonomic work chair not a 'comfort' chair per se
it encourages proper ergonomics which include supporting your head with your muscles alone
May 10, 2006
587 posts
269 upvotes
YYC
ughh...early Embody adopter here with Balance fabric in Berry Blue. Wondering how weird it would look with a Rhythm headrest.
Dec 11, 2009
223 posts
28 upvotes
Thanks a ton, excited for this! I always find myself slouching in my Embody. I love it otherwise, this should make it perfect.
Aug 18, 2019
11 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks for sharing, waiting this for a long time.
Jun 2, 2011
637 posts
565 upvotes
FTO wrote: ughh...early Embody adopter here with Balance fabric in Berry Blue. Wondering how weird it would look with a Rhythm headrest.
Wondering the same. Balance Black here. My understanding is it was a more premium grade/cost/sourced fabric, compared to the others offered. Prob why it discontinued. Wonder what other fabric would match up best so I could order a headrest.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)