Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AtlasVPN

Get AtlasVPN plan with 1 month free!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2021 5:21 pm
Oct 9, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote

Get AtlasVPN plan with 1 month free!

Deal Link:
Price:
50.5$
Savings:
68%
Expiry:
August 31, 2021
Retailer:
AtlasVPN
Save 86% and get a 3-year plan(1.39$/month), 1 month is free when applying the coupon--bonus1! You can redeem the coupon after signing up in-app!

Your subscription includes:
Connect to 700+ servers worldwide
Optimized streaming for Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, and more
Unlimited number of devices
Block trackers and Ads
24/7 Support
Data leak protection
Military-grade encryption
16 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12038 posts
5146 upvotes
There is a new "VPN Deal" everyday. In the sea of VPNs and deals, there are only a handful of good ones, so choose wisely
Feb 11, 2015
126 posts
109 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
BooYakaShaMa wrote: best:

Mullvad
IVPN
ProtonVPN

and also good - Windscribe
Is PIA not considered good these days?
Jul 22, 2018
111 posts
213 upvotes
This isn’t a bad price for VPN service. However, be aware of these limitations (from their support page)…

Do you support routers or OpenVPN?
Unfortunately, we do not support routers or the OpenVPN connection protocol at the moment. With that said, we are discussing whether this should be added to our server configuration, however, we can not promise that it will be integrated to our service.

Do you support VPN connections on TV devices?
At the moment, we do not have an application for Android TVs or Firesticks ready, however, our development team is working hard on bringing it to the platform.

Do you support Linux devices?
Unfortunately, we do not support Linux devices at the moment. With that said, we are discussing whether support for the platform should be added to the Atlas VPN service, however, we can not promise that it will be integrated into our service.

What devices are supported by Atlas VPN?
Atlas VPN is compatible with Android, iOS, and Windows devices. We will gladly provide support to all users that experience issues with our app. In the future, Atlas VPN will be available to macOS and Google Chrome users as well.

TL;DR You can only use the service on iOS, Android, or Windows. No Netflix on the smart TV, Chromecast, Apple TV, Chromebook, Mac, or Linux for you!
Sep 27, 2017
210 posts
491 upvotes
singhchanna wrote: Is PIA not considered good these days?
I think they're in the "OK" category for me, the ones above are just better privacy-wise for the same price. PIA was acquired by a semi-shady corp about 5 years back and the VPN community hasn't been into them since.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
First VPN i've seen tthat limited in their service. Makes me wonder how competent they are to not support macOS. And no openvpn and they might add it, or not. \
Jul 22, 2018
111 posts
213 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: First VPN i've seen tthat limited in their service. Makes me wonder how competent they are to not support macOS. And no openvpn and they might add it, or not. \
Agreed, I can understand that they need to hire a team of developers to build the Mac OS app, but OpenVPN could a address that gap. It takes a Junior network admin about 10 minutes to generate OVPN config files. This should be a no-brainer.
Feb 11, 2015
126 posts
109 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
BooYakaShaMa wrote: PIA was acquired by a semi-shady corp about 5 years back and the VPN community hasn't been into them since.
Oh right! Now that you say that, I remember watching an LTT interview with the PIA guys addressing that exact situation. IIRC they are also located/registered within the 7eyes jurisdiction or whatever the hell that is.
Feb 11, 2015
126 posts
109 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
notURusername wrote: It takes a Junior network admin about 10 minutes to generate OVPN config files. This should be a no-brainer.
For all we know, they might not even have any admins. It could just be one guy renting a white label vpn service. I'm obviously speculating, but for them to launch without any support for a major platform does raise a lot of questions.

Edit: Maybe they uploaded the MacOS app within the last hour, but they do have one now...
Jul 22, 2018
111 posts
213 upvotes
BooYakaShaMa wrote: I think they're in the "OK" category for me, the ones above are just better privacy-wise for the same price. PIA was acquired by a semi-shady corp about 5 years back and the VPN community hasn't been into them since.
The semi-shady company that acquired PIA is named Kape. They also own ZenMate and CyberGhost. A few years ago, CyberGhost was exposed for intercepting HTTPS traffic from VPN customers and pushing ads. After a pubic uproar, they stopped the practice, but they lost a lot of trust from the VPN community.

Another fun fact...KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, Pure VPN, and Ivacy are all white-label products from the same parent company (Gaditek). Apparently, the parent company keeps logs.
Last edited by notURusername on Aug 24th, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2010
392 posts
225 upvotes

Mullvad
IVPN
ProtonVPN

After those 3 you have the usual big names that I think are good as well.

Nordvpn
Expressvpn
Surfshark
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2011
1356 posts
601 upvotes
Brandon

Mullvad
IVPN
ProtonVPN

Any deals for these VPN services?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
notURusername wrote: Another fun fact...KeepSolid VPN Unlimited, Pure VPN, and Ivacy are all white-label products from the same parent company (Gaditek). Apparently, the parent company keeps logs.
Source of information please? Unless things drastically changed PureVPN was a Hong Kong based company with development in Pakistan. KeepSolid was a US based company with development in Ukraine. Are you saying they both were bought by Gaditek?
Jul 22, 2018
111 posts
213 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Source of information please? Unless things drastically changed PureVPN was a Hong Kong based company with development in Pakistan. KeepSolid was a US based company with development in Ukraine. Are you saying they both were bought by Gaditek?
Apparently, there are multiple intermediate shell companies setup between Gaditek and these companies. Some Redditors uncovered that Pure and VPN Unlimited use the same set of IPs and hosting providers. I’ll hunt down the thread.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6615 upvotes
SW ON
notURusername wrote: Apparently, there are multiple intermediate shell companies setup between Gaditek and these companies. Some Redditors uncovered that Pure and VPN Unlimited use the same set of IPs and hosting providers. I’ll hunt down the thread.

Uh, OK. PureVPN is Gaditek then. And "GET IN TOUCH: 140-H & 141-D Block 2, PECHS, Karachi, Pakistan" As I knew it. They have 15 brands and they are all listed there: https://www.gaditek.com/our-impact/

I guess KeepSolid belonging to this group was your imagination. Or somebody else's. Most VPN companies use leased servers. It's only normal that different VPN companies share the same IPs for that reason. If you look at the list of Mullvad's servers they mention which servers they own and which they lease. Most of them are leased. It's impossible to own servers in so many countries. I guess the mystery is solved. I would refrain from stating that KeepSolid belongs to the same company as PureVPN unless you have proof (shared IPs are not proof as stated above), Gaditek doesn't list it.

I actually had problems with Mullvad's Canadian servers I suppose because they are shared. I think they are on some kind of blacklist. I thought Mullvad was going to be bulletproof but no.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)