Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Atmosphere

Friends & Family Sale - (Biolite) - 25% Off

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 2:01 pm
Feb 16, 2019
110 posts
361 upvotes

[Atmosphere] Friends & Family Sale - (Biolite) - 25% Off

EDIT:

For those who missed this sale, or if the items were on back-order ... Atmosphere has the Friends & Family sale for 25% off (code: FF21MAY). With the added bonus of free shipping.

Don't forget Rakuten 1% Cash Back.

They have the FirePit+, the FirePoker, and the FireMat all in stock.
Like a fool I ordered from Biolite and had to pay the extra $30 on shipping.

-----------------------------------------------------

BioLite has a Victoria Day sale with up to 25% off. No code needed and the discounts are automatically applied at checkout.
FirePit__1_1024x1024.jpg
of note: the FirePit+ is 25% off!
FirePit+ by itself: $225
FirePit+ Cooking Bundle: $350

The FirePit+ has an upgraded design to better combat rust & battery capacity.

BioLite is a pretty awesome company. With every purchase they send money to some of their initiatives in sub-Saharan Africa - providing products to cook and light and charge phones!
Last edited by FlyDud on May 27th, 2021 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
28 replies
Nov 22, 2013
312 posts
328 upvotes
Shipping on the FirePit + kinda makes this a tough sell.
Dec 14, 2011
701 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
For those interested in the fire pit, do your research before buying. They have a huge rusting issue that may be a dealer breaker. The only way to combat the rust issue is to spray a coat of Rust-Oleum High Heat Ultra Enamel Spray used for firepits/bbq’s after every use.
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
416vtyou wrote: For those interested in the fire pit, do your research before buying. They have a huge rusting issue that may be a dealer breaker. The only way to combat the rust issue is to spray a coat of Rust-Oleum High Heat Ultra Enamel Spray used for firepits/bbq’s after every use.
yes, I've heard alot of stories about the firepit rusting like crazy. But apparently this is the second generation.... i couldnt find any reviews if the product is improved or not
Dec 14, 2011
701 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
cdfegab wrote: yes, I've heard alot of stories about the firepit rusting like crazy. But apparently this is the second generation.... i couldnt find any reviews if the product is improved or not
Oh wow didn’t know they made a second generation. If they can address the rusting problem it’d certainly sell like crazy, especially for the people who live in fire ban areas. Will check it out, thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2013
1174 posts
1556 upvotes
Calgary
My buddy has one, the first year it was fine but it started to rust heavily after ~15 months. He said that customer service wouldn’t help him out on a replacement because it was a few months past it’s warranty.

It worked great though, if Costco ever carries this I would buy from them and return it when it rust’s out.
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
416vtyou wrote: Oh wow didn’t know they made a second generation. If they can address the rusting problem it’d certainly sell like crazy, especially for the people who live in fire ban areas. Will check it out, thanks!
original is firepit and this one is firepit+ lol
apparently the improvements are:
Upgraded high-temp enamel coating for durability and easy cleaning
Upgraded 12,800 mAh battery for longer burntimes

but I cant find any comparison videos of older model vs new model....
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
cdfegab wrote: original is firepit and this one is firepit+ lol
apparently the improvements are:
Upgraded high-temp enamel coating for durability and easy cleaning
Upgraded 12,800 mAh battery for longer burntimes

but I cant find any comparison videos of older model vs new model....
Hold up, why is there a battery ?
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
Pingalino wrote: Hold up, why is there a battery ?
Fan which blows into the pit.

Bought this from Atmosphere for the same price, but free shipping.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
333 upvotes
Scarborough
It has a battery as it takes heat from the fire and converts to electricity and charges tje batter which you can use for lights charging or powering devices
Jan 14, 2006
145 posts
50 upvotes
Irridion wrote: It has a battery as it takes heat from the fire and converts to electricity and charges tje batter which you can use for lights charging or powering devices
The CampStove has the thermoelectric generator; the FirePit doesn't - just the fan
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
Bought one recently and have used it once. Observations...use good wood. Something with less smoke anyway like a hardwood (maple, oak). When you put the blower on you can see the smoke reduce. You’ll still smell smokey but a lot less than a normal fire. It’s way cleaner than a standard firepit. The Biolite stoker tool is worth getting. It has a hook to change the grid level for wood or charcoal briquettes. The Biolite tool set is very well made too. I bought all the accessories for this and they are all high quality items. My firepit had a chip in the enamel when it arrived. I called Biolite and they are sending me a brand new firebox. They seem to have good customer service. Hopefully it arrives at some point. Get yourselves some firepit telescoping forks from Amazon, some marshmallows, graham crackers and good chocolate and you’re in for a fun evening. I used the forks for roasting sausages too for delicious hotdogs.
Aug 17, 2019
83 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you clean your firepit properly after each use and care for it with high temp bbq paint, rust wont be too much of an issue. Great purchase, would recommend grabbing the poke stick that they offer, the small hook helps with lowering and lifting the grate on the inside. You can find a large duffel bag to store the firepit itself.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
VinceDeals wrote: If you clean your firepit properly after each use and care for it with high temp bbq paint, rust wont be too much of an issue. Great purchase, would recommend grabbing the poke stick that they offer, the small hook helps with lowering and lifting the grate on the inside. You can find a large duffel bag to store the firepit itself.
Just barely fits the large blue Ikea bag if you remove the fan.
Aug 17, 2019
83 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chingyul wrote: Just barely fits the large blue Ikea bag if you remove the fan.
Yeah I store the battery separately in the firepit along with a small hatchet to process wood if necessary. Also kept some of the bubble wrap from the box it came in to provide some cushioning on the bottom of its storage bag.
Feb 16, 2019
110 posts
361 upvotes
Chingyul wrote: Bought this from Atmosphere for the same price, but free shipping.
Were you able to get a price-match, or is it on sale in store?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Price seems a bit high. Bought this from Atmosphere for $174, but then again, that was over 2 years ago.

Mine has remained dry for the most part save for a few sudden downpours.

Didn't realize there rust was a widespread issue. I do see some rust around the mesh but its very isolated and I'm sure I can lightly sand and hit with some high temp paints.
Nov 22, 2013
312 posts
328 upvotes
Also, FYI Im pretty sure they also raised the price + $50 since last spring.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2332 posts
710 upvotes
Alberta
FlyDud wrote: Were you able to get a price-match, or is it on sale in store?
Sorry. Friends and family sale there a few weeks back.
Tried to get is on this sale last year but they didn't have stock.
Oct 15, 2020
141 posts
93 upvotes
Alberta
Ordered, thanks OP. Will try it out when it arrives next week and let you guys know how it goes, got a can of the rustoleum on the way as well.