[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1098 posts
131 upvotes

[Atmosphere] Marmot Midpines 4 person tent $299.98

Atmosphere has this tent in stock for $150 off their regular price of $449.99

https://www.atmosphere.ca/categories/ge ... =332765818

I missed the deal for same price at Sportchek clearance.

Placed an order yesterday and got a shipping notification this morning.

GCR seems to have 5% cash back at atmosphere currently which myself missed.

Free shipping over $99.
Last edited by BDeals on Aug 30th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
11 replies
Jun 18, 2016
395 posts
1104 upvotes
Here’s the link that isn’t a phishing link and won’t spy on you:

Copy and paste.

Code: Select all

https://www.atmosphere.ca/categories/gear-by-activity/camp-hike/tents/one-person-tents-bivy-sacks/product/marmot-midpines-4-person-tent-orange-spice-arona-332765815.html
Seems like a good tent for car camping. Wouldn’t recommend it for backcountry because it’s 9lbs.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1098 posts
131 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: Here’s the link that isn’t a phishing link and won’t spy on you:

Copy and paste.

https://www.atmosphere.ca/categories/gear-by-activity/camp-hike/tents/one-person-tents-bivy-sacks/product/marmot-midpines-4-person-tent-orange-spice-arona-332765815.html
Seems like a good tent for car camping. Wouldn’t recommend it for backcountry because it’s 9lbs.
Thanks updated the link into thread
Jul 5, 2008
564 posts
291 upvotes
Can get a further 10% off by signing up for their emails. Last week SportChek gift cards were 15% off and I used a bunch at Atmosphere.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1714 posts
151 upvotes

Copy and paste.

What would you recommend for back country? How much weight?
Jun 18, 2016
395 posts
1104 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: What would you recommend for back country? How much weight?
I'm a hammock camper now -- and I would highly recommend that, but I've used these tents for years:

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 - $600
MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2P - $500
Nemo Dagger 2 - $500 (I've only used the Nemo Dragonfly 2 but not sure if you can find it in Canada)

And more recently my SO bought a Naturehike tent which is nearly identical to those expensive options. I would probably recommend people get one of these to save cost:

Naturehike Mongar 2 - $160 (Nearly identical clone of MSR Hubba Hubba NX)
Naturehike Star River 2 - $190 (Nearly identical clone of BA Copper Spur UL2)
Naturehike Cloud Up 2 - $200 (Nearly identical clone of BA Fly Creek HV UL 2, which is a great option if you prefer single door/front door to the others which are dual door)

Basically all those tents will be 3-4lbs. The "authentic" ones are all slightly lighter than their clones (usually 200-300g lighter) but I'm not sure that's worth the $300-400 more you'd pay.
Sep 2, 2014
183 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver
I highly recommend the Marmot Tungsten 2P as a high-value backpacking tent. I've been using it for a few years now on many trips and it has held up great. It's a smart design too, with the curved poles. No, it's not the lightest, but if you find it on sale for $200 (current price, but OOS online) you're saving hundreds compared to tents that weigh a a pound or two less. Use the saved money to upgrade something else (i.e. sleeping bag, pad, pack).
Dec 28, 2007
997 posts
524 upvotes
Keep in mind that the OP tent is for 4 people; most of the other suggestions here are for 2-person tents. If you can spread the weight over 4 people (maybe not possible if going with kids), then 9 lbs isn't so bad for backpacking.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1282 posts
1301 upvotes
VANCOUVER

Copy and paste.

Lol. Those links are automatically generated by Redflagdeals. It's their affiliate links and that's how the monetize the site. They are not phishing links that are intentionally spying on you
Jan 6, 2010
373 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary
MooseV2 wrote: I'm a hammock camper now -- and I would highly recommend that, but I've used these tents for years:

Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 - $600
MSR Hubba Hubba NX 2P - $500
Nemo Dagger 2 - $500 (I've only used the Nemo Dragonfly 2 but not sure if you can find it in Canada)

And more recently my SO bought a Naturehike tent which is nearly identical to those expensive options. I would probably recommend people get one of these to save cost:

Naturehike Mongar 2 - $160 (Nearly identical clone of MSR Hubba Hubba NX)
Naturehike Star River 2 - $190 (Nearly identical clone of BA Copper Spur UL2)
Naturehike Cloud Up 2 - $200 (Nearly identical clone of BA Fly Creek HV UL 2, which is a great option if you prefer single door/front door to the others which are dual door)

Basically all those tents will be 3-4lbs. The "authentic" ones are all slightly lighter than their clones (usually 200-300g lighter) but I'm not sure that's worth the $300-400 more you'd pay.
Any recommendations for a backpacking 4 person from that foreign site (Ali-something) ;) - I could only find one Natutehike 4 person? I was looking at the MSR Papa Hubba (or Elixir) but world be fine with buying a close alternative (weight/feature wise) for less than $500+.
Smart to support: Openmedia.ca
*No Canadians were harmed in the creation or posting of this message... unless you count the hangnail I just pulled, in which case a Canadian has definitely just been hurt.*