• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2020 2:10 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 8, 2019
103 posts
174 upvotes
Calgary
thelasthunter wrote: I usually pay peanuts for HH at Winners. No way I'm paying hundreds for this. I save the big bucks for Patagonia and Arc. HH is way down the food chain both in terms of performance and reputation.
In my book Helly Hansen is pretty good. I work outside and all of my clothing is Helly Hansen workwear and I am very satisfied with it despite it not being the cheapest.

I also have all my skiing gear from them and can't complain there either. Only things I didn't like from Helly Hansen (that I bought) are shoes and socks. I've tried about three pairs of shoes (hiking, winter, city) and returned two of them. They are just weird (though they were actually somewhat cheap, but still).

I used to work for a mountain resort and the crew wear was all by Helly Hansen, which is what got me hooked years ago. It was (and still is, I guess) well made, light weight, comfortable and functional.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2342 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa
thelasthunter wrote: I usually pay peanuts for HH at Winners. No way I'm paying hundreds for this. I save the big bucks for Patagonia and Arc. HH is way down the food chain both in terms of performance and reputation.
It really depends. Like often sportchek gets like the middle of the road gear, even from companies like Columbia or Burton or whatever. Sometimes on some rare occasions they get high end stuff too.

HH has some pretty high end stuff. Some ppl who do construction and stuff like that wear HH because it can take a beating, again it depends on what line of clothing.
jerrypaulick wrote: I don't know, in my book Helly Hansen is pretty good. I work partly outside in the winter and basically all of my clothing is Helly Hansen workwear and I am very satisfied with it. I also have all skiing gear from them and can't complain there either. The only things I didn't like from Helly Hansen (that I bought) are shoes and socks. I've tried about three pairs of shoes (hiking, winter, city) from them and returned two of them.

I used to work for a mountain resort and the crew wear was all by Helly Hansen, which is what got me hooked years ago. It was (and still is, I guess) well made, light weight, comfortable and functional.
yup, like a good 25% of the stuff at Marks (work wearhouse) is HH stuff. Things like work gloves, overalls, and some hi-vis stuff. HH seems to be big in making things for outdoor workers.
Sep 15, 2013
750 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto
What type of layers would you wear under this to keep warm in the winter?
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
26 posts
12 upvotes
Regina
BabylonDown wrote: What type of layers would you wear under this to keep warm in the winter?
Not sure, depends how big you order to layer underneath. You could probably do a thermal, then fleece then the shell. Maybe sneak a midlayer if there is enough room. Waiting to see myself.

I might be able to wear it 4 season or only 3, will see. Can Get to -50 here with windchill in which case I have a heavier coat.
Jul 15, 2018
15 posts
3 upvotes
Does it still work for you guys ? It only works on some products for me
[OP]
Jul 8, 2010
26 posts
12 upvotes
Regina
GabrielB14233 wrote: Does it still work for you guys ? It only works on some products for me
This deal was a while back. Certain items were discounted once in the cart in addition to the already marked down price.
Mar 5, 2014
81 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Doesn't fit over my helmet for biking. I'm 5'8" and got a med. Fits fine except for my big fat head Disappointed Face
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2695 posts
932 upvotes
Da boot
Remember to never blind buy Helly Hensen nor Bench online, their sizes aren't normal sizes, ie. Large isn't your typical large, and even if it fits you, it might be odd shaped in weird areas, like under the arms or someplace random.