Enterprise

Attend FREE webinar and receive a FREE Meraki access point $699 value

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2014 9:33 am
[OP]
Nov 17, 2009
110 posts
65 upvotes

[Enterprise] Attend FREE webinar and receive a FREE Meraki access point $699 value

http://www.meraki.com/freeap

No brainer deal that will only take an hour of your time, you just need to attend one of Meraki's free webinars and you get a free AP sent to you, pretty simple. These are high quality business class AP's. You have to register with a company email and only one per company is allowed, and you need to be an IT Professional. No generic email address allowed.

Here is the info from there site link on the deal:

Free AP for IT Professionals - Details

IT professionals receive a FREE Meraki access point with a 3-year Enterprise Cloud Controller license, a $699 value.

While Meraki webinars are open to all audiences, to be eligible for a free access point, participants must:
•Attend the webinar in its entirety
•Enter a valid company name
•Be an IT professional
•Register with a shipping address in the US, Canada, or the European Economic Area. We cannot ship free APs outside of these regions, and cannot ship to post office boxes.
•European Economic Zone countries: a valid VAT ID is required for shipment.
•Register with their organization's email address
•Confirm eligibility and shipping address with a Meraki representative by phone
•If you are unable to accept your AP due to restrictions, (e.g. Erate), we will be happy to provide you with a trial AP, which can be returned following your evaluation of our solution

As APs are provided as an educational tool to those new to the Meraki platform, individuals and organizations who have received a free access point through other promotions are not eligible. Limit one free AP per organization and per individual. Due to abuse, we cannot provide free access points to individuals who register with yahoo, gmail, hotmail, and other similar email addresses.

[IMG]http://www.meraki.com/img/products/wire ... mantle.jpg[/IMG]
78 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14422 upvotes
Oh god I remember being in a hotel with Meraki.
Their service was as stable as unset jello in an earthquake.
The hotel had nothing but bad to say about the service.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1690 posts
1034 upvotes
beware96 wrote: •Enter a valid company name
•Be an IT professional
•Register with their organization's email address
•Confirm eligibility and shipping address with a Meraki representative by phone
Something tells me getting those set up in time for this would be nearly impossible for most people here... If you already have them for your job, good on you, but thats gotta make up a pretty small % of people who use RFD.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4064 posts
1589 upvotes
Montreal
Scott86 wrote: Something tells me getting those set up in time for this would be nearly impossible for most people here... If you already have them for your job, good on you, but thats gotta make up a pretty small % of people who use RFD.
Don't underestimate RFDers ;)

-GT
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1666 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
I did this last year and the device is amazing for public wifi hot spots!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
44071 posts
7593 upvotes
Dang, must find a friend who's an IT professional. Hmm....
Blanka
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1534 posts
680 upvotes
Do you need to have a valid "cloud" license to keep using it after 3 years or the license is just to manage it from the web portal [off-lan] ?
Sep 8, 2011
454 posts
254 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Sweet signed up. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2003 posts
1050 upvotes
Alberta
Got one of these before and resold it to a friend who wanted another one. 3 year license to use is really not worth ripping out my existing wireless equipment for.
Mar 6, 2011
305 posts
183 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote: Do you need to have a valid "cloud" license to keep using it after 3 years or the license is just to manage it from the web portal [off-lan] ?
+1. Will this be useless after three years?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9821 posts
1298 upvotes
GTA
Just a heads up, if people are putting "fake" info in , they will be calling you to verify. Says so, in case you missed that.... Do as you wish, but, just a heads up :)

I do all of the IT for our company but I am not really an "IT professional"... I am guessing they are looking for huge companies. I would try to qualify but I don't know if this thing has any use after 3 years as per above so I will wait to hear about that first
Aug 22, 2010
908 posts
86 upvotes
What's the difference between this and a router?
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9821 posts
1298 upvotes
GTA
Crossover wrote: What's the difference between this and a router?
If you are asking, you aren't an IT professional :)
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2007
2333 posts
2698 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, signed up.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10681 posts
3345 upvotes
i did this 2 years ago and never used the thing once.

still sitting in a box on the shelf, i just got an email last week saying it was about to expire.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1648 posts
223 upvotes
How soon will they send this out?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)