• Nov 25th, 2008 2:57 am
[OP]
Aug 18, 2007
551 posts
2 upvotes
Markham,Ontario

Attention:User "Roseburger" suspicious of scamming

This user has posted a
"Looking for Pentium 4 2.4ghz+ computer for around $150" in the buying and selling forum:
Link: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ?p=7690657

I offered a system for sale to the buyer, at first the buyer was concern about the loudness of the system, so i requested to test out the system at a local destination. Buyer refuses and keeps requesting to test out the computer at my house. In my perspective, a buyer with no feedback is already suspicous with all the testing request, and as a seller, it is very dangerous of letting a stranger coming to my house, in the end i pmed this buyer and decline the sale.

Buyer then leaves me a neutral feelback and said i was fishy and suspicious of my system is not working.
Link: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/itrader.php?u=111238
*As other users are saying, the usage of feedback is not for this situation, only a deal has already occured or planned.
**Edit: MOD helped me to delete the neutral feedback, thx nsx for helping me.

Pls be alert with this buyer at anytime or eventually seller might fall into the same situation as me.

Thank you
Currently selling:
28 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2007
3428 posts
89 upvotes
Your Mom
wow that guy is pretty much a moron
Sep 14, 2008
226 posts
Toronto
aplayaz2000 wrote: wow that guy is pretty much a moron
i agree. it became obvious already when the buyer kept requesting to do the testing @ home..i mean why would anyone have allowed him to? even if the buyer has a feedback, i wouldn't let him in my house cuz he's still considered a stranger.
Banned
Apr 15, 2008
337 posts
dude the only reason I wanted to test the computer at your house is to see if its running well. And I wanted to come to your house, for the sake of your convenience. I didn't want to test the computer out just for the noise... but for the overall performance of the PC. I'm paying for a USED PC with no refund so I'm using some precautions to avoid doing a bad trade. If you want to come to my house with the PC, that's alright with me. I guess the convenience is on me then.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9997 posts
1339 upvotes
If I were new to RFD, I'd be a stranger to you guys too, and obviously I'd want to ensure the computer I was buying was working well, and for what roseburger said, to be as convenient as possible for the seller.

All of you guys aren't thinking in both perspectives, and the OP is just being overly cautious. But, where can you test a computer at a public place? Beats me.

If you suggested to do it at the buyer's house, well that I can understand... but then again, you'd probably refuse due to safety concerns.

As for the neutral feedback, ask nsx to remove it, no transaction = no feedback allowed.

Edit: From the looks of it, you guys probably didn't talk over the phone. In my opinion doing this really gives you a feel of who the buyer or seller is, and from there the relationship is much stronger than if communication were only between private messages.
Sep 14, 2008
226 posts
Toronto
Roseburger wrote: dude the only reason I wanted to test the computer at your house is to see if its running well. And I wanted to come to your house, for the sake of your convenience. I didn't want to test the computer out just for the noise... but for the overall performance of the PC. I'm paying for a USED PC with no refund so I'm using some precautions to avoid doing a bad trade. If you want to come to my house with the PC, that's alright with me. I guess the convenience is on me then.
Dude! What makes you think the seller doesn't wanna let you test it out when he offered a local destination?

As mentioned by another RFDer, transactions should take place at a mutually agreeable destination. If the seller is willing and offering to test at a local destination, what is your reason for saying no? Just because you're doing a goodwill by offering "convenience"? dude, that's not a pretty good reason.

You can't really argue back because any human being would not take the risk of letting a stranger in their house, or going to a stranger's house. It's common sense and very understandable.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7886 posts
1045 upvotes
He's gonna lug around a monitor + CPU? Peripherals?

What I'm getting at is: I doubt the buyer will be able to test the comp out properly without all these things.
Sep 14, 2008
226 posts
Toronto
HBP wrote: He's gonna lug around a monitor + CPU? Peripherals?

What I'm getting at is: I doubt the buyer will be able to test the comp out properly without all these things.
what makes you think its appropriate to let a stranger in the house? you think it's safe? well maybe next time you can deal with roseburger and let him in your house and see what happens. The buyer even started a new thread. Think about why he would do that if hes not attempting to do anything suspicious. Look here: http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=658055
So for safety, I think it's reasonable for anyone to decline the sale as the buyer seemed to insisted that they meet at seller's house.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
Everyone needs to chill out and re-evaluate what actually happened to B-SU.

Roseburger posted his first WTB thread requesting a desktop with minimum specs. Several RFDers responded with offers but Roseburger continued to make requests. A couple days later B-SU posted his interaction with Roseburger and wondered why he received a "Neutral" feedback when their transaction wasn't finalized. After reading Roseburger's & B-SU's accounts, I supported B-SU's point of view and suggested he should request a MOD to investigate.

MODs concluded that Roseburger posted his "Neutral" incorrectly and B-SU's reputation was restored. B-SU acted appropriately and offered Roseburger an opportunity to test this desktop. There was nothing under-handed and B-SU was obviously shocked to receive poor feedback for a non-transaction - there was NO scam!

Yesterday's UPDATE -> Roseburger started a NEW thread requesting another desktop. MOD Rehan jumped in and pointed Roseburger to DFS off-lease sales. If this was a misunderstanding then Roseburger could have apologized or re-used his original thread. But to abandon it and start a new thread supports B-SU's opinion that Roseburger may not be demonstrating the best judgment.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=658055

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... p?t=654958
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2008
1610 posts
4 upvotes
My 2 cents is that it's natural for any person to feel cautious about a stranger being in their home.

It may be a lot to ask, but Roseburger should trust B-SU's decent feedback (depending on what the transactions were cause I haven't checked) and go with it... Or have B-SU maybe make a video of him running all the stuff he's selling?

Might sound stupid, but I don't see many flaws in it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
12 upvotes
Leave Roseburger alone -- especially those paranoid individuals that think everyone on RFD is a thief or an ax murderer.

I would be happy if a buyer wanted to come to my house to see a working computer or piece of hardware. In doing so, the guy cannot then go home and later claim the hardware doesn't work (after he's dropped it, changed his mind, or installed it incorrectly).

Every person I have met so far due to RFD trades has been very nice and interesting to talk to. Nobody has come with an ax and my house hasn't been torched.

If you don't want someone to come to your house don't rip the guy. The problem is more your's, than his. What are you trying to hide?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
Mark099 wrote: Leave Roseburger alone -- especially those paranoid individuals that think everyone on RFD is a thief or an ax murderer.
You arrived late so you didn't read all the puzzle pieces. You can PM B-SU to confirm his details.

Roseburger initially asked RFDers to contact him because he wanted to purchase a $150 desktop. Several RFDers responded but only a handful received a reply. B-SU was negotiating with Roseburger but they didn't close the deal. That's fine, and where buyer/seller decide to meet is their prerogative.

B-SU's created this "Scammers & Warnings" thread to respond to Roseburger's peculiar behaviour afterward. Even though nothing was exchanged, Roseburger immediately posted a nasty BST Feedback which RFD MODs have since been removed. Roseburger essentially called B-SU a Scammer & Untrustworthy, and warned RFD buyers to stay away.

After this feedback disagreement was resolved, Roseburger created a duplicate thread requesting a desktop. When RFDers questioned his contradictions Roseburger provided very different & evolving explanations for his behaviour.

I do not know Roseburger nor B-SU and never traded with either of them so my opinion is based on facts presented since last weekend.
Sep 14, 2008
226 posts
Toronto
It's ok. Some people does not have the inner sense to protect themselves. No one ever said that all RFDers are thieves, but it's fairly understandable and normal to protect oneself if the other party is offering to visit one's house. I don't see why anyone should challenge that point??
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7886 posts
1045 upvotes
c1030 wrote: It's ok. Some people does not have the inner sense to protect themselves. No one ever said that all RFDers are thieves, but it's fairly understandable and normal to protect oneself if the other party is offering to visit one's house. I don't see why anyone should challenge that point??
It's fine, protect your stuff, the situation definitely did not warrant a posting in the SCAMMER section, especially when it resulted in a ton of newbies hating on Roseburger.

Yeah, he messed up on the feedback, once again... the posting doesn't belong here. Talk to a mod, get it removed.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1236 posts
418 upvotes
IMO Roseburger is clearly a serial killer since he requested to test out a used computer at B-SU's house.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 3, 2005
5745 posts
28 upvotes
Surrey
Mark099 wrote: I would be happy if a buyer wanted to come to my house to see a working computer or piece of hardware. In doing so, the guy cannot then go home and later claim the hardware doesn't work (after he's dropped it, changed his mind, or installed it incorrectly).
+1

Same here. I don't know what it is about people who are paranoid about people comming over to their homes to test out what they are selling. I've had hundreds of people come to pickup at my house over the past decade, and I've never had a problem with any of them.
Banned
Apr 15, 2008
337 posts
Gogi wrote: IMO Roseburger is clearly a serial killer since he requested to test out a used computer at B-SU's house.
Lol. Good one :cheesygri Just tells you how some people's minds are in here
Banned
Apr 15, 2008
337 posts
7jaii wrote: You arrived late so you didn't read all the puzzle pieces. You can PM B-SU to confirm his details.

Roseburger initially asked RFDers to contact him because he wanted to purchase a $150 desktop. Several RFDers responded but only a handful received a reply. B-SU was negotiating with Roseburger but they didn't close the deal. That's fine, and where buyer/seller decide to meet is their prerogative.

B-SU's created this "Scammers & Warnings" thread to respond to Roseburger's peculiar behaviour afterward. Even though nothing was exchanged, Roseburger immediately posted a nasty BST Feedback which RFD MODs have since been removed. Roseburger essentially called B-SU a Scammer & Untrustworthy, and warned RFD buyers to stay away.

After this feedback disagreement was resolved, Roseburger created a duplicate thread requesting a desktop. When RFDers questioned his contradictions Roseburger provided very different & evolving explanations for his behaviour.

I do not know Roseburger nor B-SU and never traded with either of them so my opinion is based on facts presented since last weekend.
Hi, MR KNOW IT ALL. It wasn't NASTY bst feedback. It was a neutral feedback saying he was suspicious since he closed the deal when I asked to test the computer throughly before buying but he insisted to only allowing me to test the loudness of the computer at Tim hortons. We had been discussing the deal for several days and it's kind of suspicous how he just closes it out when I ask to test it out. What you mean I provided "very different and evolving explanations" ? I didn't say nothing different

Reason I created another thread is because I changed my mind of wanting only a TOWER pc. Why? What suspicion you have now of me creating a new thread?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7735 posts
997 upvotes
Waterloo
Roseburger wrote: Hi, MR KNOW IT ALL. It wasn't NASTY bst feedback. It was a neutral feedback saying he was suspicious since he closed the deal when I asked to test the computer throughly before buying but he insisted to only allowing me to test the loudness of the computer at Tim hortons. We had been discussing the deal for several days and it's kind of suspicous how he just closes it out when I ask to test it out. What you mean I provided "very different and evolving explanations" ? I didn't say nothing different

Reason I created another thread is because I changed my mind of wanting only a TOWER pc. Why? What suspicion you have now of me creating a new thread?
get away newbie and go and be like this to someone else we only allow 16+ over on the forum!
Sep 14, 2008
226 posts
Toronto
van wrote: +1

Same here. I don't know what it is about people who are paranoid about people comming over to their homes to test out what they are selling. I've had hundreds of people come to pickup at my house over the past decade, and I've never had a problem with any of them.
You don't have the right to say people are paranoid about the situation. Everyone is different, just in case you don't know. You expect everyone to be thinking the same way as u do? Well, good that you never had a problem but good luck.