Attract foreign buyers to your property

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2018 2:56 am
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
471 posts
287 upvotes

Attract foreign buyers to your property

I am trying to sell my property but think foreign buyers will pay more. I also thought I try to do this before ontario creates a larger foreign tax on property or BoC kills the real estate market.

Has anyone tried the following to try to attract foreign buyers?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1193 posts
1396 upvotes
Toronto
Why do you specifically need to sell to a foreign buyer? Their presence in the marketplace already drives up the prices, sell to whoever gives you the best deal. If your property is attractive foreign buyers will find it without you needing to use extra effort.
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
471 posts
287 upvotes
DaMan12 wrote: Why do you specifically need to sell to a foreign buyer? Their presence in the marketplace already drives up the prices, sell to whoever gives you the best deal. If your property is attractive foreign buyers will find it without you needing to use extra effort.
If you had a property wouldn't you want to get the top dollar you could get? I should be trying to do everything I can to maximize my value
May 2, 2017
92 posts
70 upvotes
reesefitzmaurice wrote: If you had a property wouldn't you want to get the top dollar you could get? I should be trying to do everything I can to maximize my value
Yes. You should maximize your value. It's your property.
I don't think foreign buyers will buy propeties in GTA because they must be scared of tax tax tax tax.
Jan 4, 2013
578 posts
117 upvotes
TORONTO
You are extremely wrong!

Try to put your effort to maximize your estate value.

Currently, foreign buyers have been tortured and mis-treated by the government in BC and Ontario. Government is trying steal their money by all means. They have been scared and frightened by the mafia government. Don’t target them any more. Target to local demand.

If you are really greedy, sell your property to a local flipper is the best choice.

If you are outside BC and Ontario, that’s a different story.

reesefitzmaurice wrote: I am trying to sell my property but think foreign buyers will pay more. I also thought I try to do this before ontario creates a larger foreign tax on property or BoC kills the real estate market.

Has anyone tried the following to try to attract foreign buyers?
Oct 27, 2017
129 posts
120 upvotes
Once your property is on MLS im sure foreigners will see it
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2010
1193 posts
1396 upvotes
Toronto
reesefitzmaurice wrote: If you had a property wouldn't you want to get the top dollar you could get? I should be trying to do everything I can to maximize my value
What I'm saying is whether you sell to a foreign buyer or not, their presence in the market is what drives up demand and gets you the highest price. You don't have to actually sell to a foreigner, a local could be the highest bidder.

For your specific property, a foreign buyer isn't going to spend more than what your place is worth. They don't just throw money around and buy properties for more than they're worth.
[OP]
Jan 16, 2017
471 posts
287 upvotes
SKOMO85 wrote: Once your property is on MLS im sure foreigners will see it

I dont want my ad to be the one on MLS forever, then ppl will think something is wrong. So i thought if i post to chinese real estate ad, then i can see if anyone bites
DaMan12 wrote: What I'm saying is whether you sell to a foreign buyer or not, their presence in the market is what drives up demand and gets you the highest price. You don't have to actually sell to a foreigner, a local could be the highest bidder.

For your specific property, a foreign buyer isn't going to spend more than what your place is worth. They don't just throw money around and buy properties for more than they're worth.
wouldn't i be a fool not to try? how long does it take to market ads, couple hours?