• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2018 6:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 28, 2017
204 posts
62 upvotes

Auctionmaxx - Warning!

This company is so sneaky and crooked you should think twice before dealing with them. In my case i purchased a dehumidifier for $116 that turned out to be full of mold. The mold was so strong it lingered on my cloths and in my cars for a couple of days. Then when i tried to returned it they made a big fuss, they went back into the warehouse and pulled out a different dehumidifier and said look there is no mold. They basically called me a liar. Then they charged me $15 restocking fee. Very tricky.

Here is the same unit they have lower the price even more to $63 even though it only has "a bit of dust on the filter." As if!

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-home-indoor-othe ... nnelId=101

You can check out yelp, google and BBB.org reviews of this company, there are many many many bad reviews. I wish i had read the review before i wasted my time.
bestbuys.ca
"Total ripoff site - shill bidding is alive and well on this site. Return policy is basically non-existent. Bottom line: save your money and avoid this site"
5 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2350 posts
315 upvotes
North York
We got a good deal on an electric fireplace there, but that was on the buy it now side. The amounts the auctions close at are crazy, almost or sometimes over retail for used/returns, I think you are right on the shill bidding.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18342 posts
6369 upvotes
Toronto
This place used to be decent a few years back but they went downhill quick. Overpriced and bots bidding. Rarely any good deals now.
Apr 2, 2013
482 posts
454 upvotes
St. Catharines
I've used this place quite a bit and have nothing but great experiences from them. Have bought 2 laptops, various furniture, camping equipment, lotions, etc and all have been easy and well-below cost elsewhere. I haven't had to deal with any returns but have had to exchange items a couple of times and there was no restocking fee associated to that at all. Guess you didn't have a good experience though.
I do think you are right about the bot-bidding though; it's gotten to the point where most auctions are not even worth it anymore.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8525 posts
2307 upvotes
Mississauga
I have won items on the auction side and also bought items in store. I only had 1 issue a battery charger booster wouldn't work and I took it back and they exchanged no problem. You just need to follow their warranty and a copy is attached to each invoice. You can also ask to see the item you won before paying to make sure its what is described in the listing.
Nov 28, 2019
2 posts
I will never ever buy anything from this place !!! worst costumer service plus they have their own bidders to drive the price up ... I bought an iPhone X yesterday from them they listed as unknown carrier ,no returns of course you cannot see or check the phone before buy .. anyways i found out today by apple store the phone is blacklisted as Stolen from previous owner so it wont work on any carrier so it looks like they lyed to me by falls advertise and i lost over 400$ and this is second time happening to me ... i bought last year an iPad 9.7 2017 model it worked for a week and then i couldn't even use it anymore it was shut down remotely by Mobile device management so in both cases i bought my self a very expensive brick ... Don't Buy from Auctionmaxx !!! You will be cheated for sure ... Their selling damaged items 90% of the time and their return policy is BS
Images
  • B5604E18-37C0-4B40-8B8E-D47D9750032A.jpeg