• Dec 4th, 2012 1:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1970 posts
172 upvotes
Bolton

Audi A1 quattro vs Nissan GT-R

Neither one would be my choice of cars, but after watching this video, Audi wins it...
You judge.. A1 wins it by 5 sec.

14 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2824 posts
580 upvotes
Kagaaruk, NU
gtr was being driven by his mom.

i.e. driver skill
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1982 posts
323 upvotes
Brampton
Any AWD car with at least 250HP on that circuit can intimidate a GTR easily.

Introduce short and long straight away and that A1 will get walked on.

Top gear had the same idea with Evo FQ400 vs Lambo and that FQ400 was able to intimidate the lambo around the top gear track.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4312 upvotes
Still rather have the GT-R any day.

A1 is a girls car.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2004
2358 posts
238 upvotes
The A1 quattro is not a bad car, but you can tell both drivers were not properly trained. You can easily tell by the lines, braking and throttle.
At the first part when Vicky`s driving the GTR, look at how often she brakes. She might know the concept of driving but is obviously not doing it properly.

Second part when the guy`s driving, pay close attention to his throttle. He`s gassing it the same way he was on the A1, on a WET road.

Either way, let`s just say they`re both professional drivers. When you throw 2 cars on a wet tarmac with lots of turns, it doesn`t matter how much hp/torque you have, it`s all about grip and handling. I`m sure in a situation like this, even if you throw in a standard ralliart lancer or a standard wrx, they`ll be able to do as well as the A1.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1823 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Tires....thats it

GTR track pack : Cup Tires, with minimum rain tracks.
Audi A1: street tires, with rain tracks

If both cars had the same tires, GTR would win.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12126 posts
1893 upvotes
summer tires. winter time in uk
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9162 posts
280 upvotes
dc200 wrote: gtr was being driven by his mom.

i.e. driver skill

They switch cars

And for the final time attack, it was the same driver

The rear on the A1 is hideous. Can't they have made it one colour?
it's me ramin.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3919 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
All you GT-R owners, sell your lame car now before this video goes viral. You don't want to be embarassed out on the streets by cars like the A1.
I'll even do you a huge favour and purchase the GT-R from you for $20k. That's way more than what the car will be worth once everyone realizes how inferior it is.
Any takers?
:razz:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2003
9162 posts
280 upvotes
mjl_toronto wrote: All you GT-R owners, sell your lame car now before this video goes viral. You don't want to be embarassed out on the streets by cars like the A1.
I'll even do you a huge favour and purchase the GT-R from you for $20k. That's way more than what the car will be worth once everyone realizes how inferior it is.
Any takers?
:razz:
The thing about the A1 Quattro is apparently it's much more rare than the GT-R :)
it's me ramin.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5839 posts
242 upvotes
Rain is the great equalizer in motorsports. Driver skill usually prevails and not the car underneath you.

Look at any major form of racing and you will see some unusual winners when it's wet.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1434 posts
123 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
It's the tires, and driver skill wont matter when your tires have no grip.

And, it's easy to reproduce this test. Run a GTR on performance tires in the winter and watch Corollas on winter tires run circles around the GTR.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7012 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
I'm waiting for the 'we've strapped a herd of live cattle to this GTR' race. Autocar is going down the road of silly these days.