Automotive

Audi questions and answers

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 3:12 am
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2077 posts
1990 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Spongeboy wrote: Thanks for the info. Never thought about using a battery, but I did see BlackboxMyCar had a few well reviewed ones available. Which one did you get?
I got the BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery Pack (B-124), although it honestly looks identical to the Cellink alternative. In my Golf there's an inverter plug in the hatch so I put the battery pack where the spare tire would go and it fits in nicely. Otherwise people put it under the passenger seat or under the dash just depends where you can squeeze it in. Running the cables was a bit annoying. Lets my power my dual channel camera for about 20ish hours in parking mode. And charges to full in about an hour IIRC just using the normal plug.
Newbie
Feb 23, 2019
54 posts
9 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Thanks @afretes for you help! I was able to snag the Argus Brown 2017 Q7! So excited! new-whip-has-arrived-part-ii-im-set-2379509/



Image

Image
Congrats! You got an amazing deal.

Being a 2018 Q7 owner (equipped like yours just minus the dynamic ride), it is painful to see how this car depreciates...lol. It seems like the resale of Q7 has gone down significantly in last one year or so. When i was looking for an used Q7 before buying new last year, i got nothing remotely close to what you have got.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2493 posts
3024 upvotes
Edmonton
Pk2015 wrote: Congrats! You got an amazing deal.

Being a 2018 Q7 owner (equipped like yours just minus the dynamic ride), it is painful to see how this car depreciates...lol. It seems like the resale of Q7 has gone down significantly in last one year or so. When i was looking for an used Q7 before buying new last year, i got nothing remotely close to what you have got.
Thank you sir. Honestly Alberta was already doing not great and the pandemic hit, I think the auctions are starting to reflect the state of the economy for sure. Wish you the best with your Q7!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5380 posts
4050 upvotes
Pk2015 wrote: Congrats! You got an amazing deal.

Being a 2018 Q7 owner (equipped like yours just minus the dynamic ride), it is painful to see how this car depreciates...lol. It seems like the resale of Q7 has gone down significantly in last one year or so. When i was looking for an used Q7 before buying new last year, i got nothing remotely close to what you have got.
@Blubbs got the right connection and right timing. Other than finding a lease takeover and buyout, you won't find one that cheap.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2493 posts
3024 upvotes
Edmonton
Xtrema wrote: @Blubbs got the right connection and right timing. Other than finding a lease takeover and buyout, you won't find one that cheap.
That's true to be honest, I would add $5k to what I paid and be happy if I didn't have a personal connection to a sales manager. There are probably regional differences as well. But people actually willing to buy cars in a recession can get a deal with patience I'm sure.

I bought from a non-Audi dealer and it can be hard to know what packages and options are on these cars up front. @afretes very kindly decoded the VINS so I knew what packages were on what cars. He is a great resource to either purchase from in his area or to ask for help if elsewhere in the country.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 12, 2013
156 posts
96 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
Hi @booblehead can you please help me take a look at this quote for a 2020 Q3 Technik? It looks like this has Pearl paint and S line package which I don't need. Wondering if this is an offer worth moving forward... Thanks
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
26348 posts
11392 upvotes
Toronto
No factory credit
dealer is offering 4% discount
$2840 accessories + $300 admin fees ? Do you know what these accessories are or are they options you have chosen.... I see Sline is $800 + pearl paint $890, the balance of $1,150 is ? Is it ADA ?
25,000km per year. factory warranty covers up to 80,000km. Therefore, you are exposed 20,000km of potential out of warranty repairs
Audi wear plan and care plan. I am assuming you want them.
Due on delivery - first + freight/pdi + protection plan + care plan + license .... based on the monthly projection offering. Roughly $6,100.

Interest alone will cost nearly $6600 for this 4 yrs lease.

I don't see there is any real incentive now to get this vehicle when there is no factory credit going on. just my 2 cents. Unless you really need this car now and you have no other alternative vehicle to choose from.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 12, 2013
156 posts
96 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
booblehead wrote: No factory credit
dealer is offering 4% discount
$2840 accessories + $300 admin fees ? Do you know what these accessories are or are they options you have chosen.... I see Sline is $800 + pearl paint $890, the balance of $1,150 is ? Is it ADA ?
25,000km per year. factory warranty covers up to 80,000km. Therefore, you are exposed 20,000km of potential out of warranty repairs
Audi wear plan and care plan. I am assuming you want them.
Due on delivery - first + freight/pdi + protection plan + care plan + license .... based on the monthly projection offering. Roughly $6,100.

Interest alone will cost nearly $6600 for this 4 yrs lease.

I don't see there is any real incentive now to get this vehicle when there is no factory credit going on. just my 2 cents. Unless you really need this car now and you have no other alternative vehicle to choose from.
Thanks you.

I actually don't want anything extra other than Technik trim which is more than enough. I think it's an existing car on the lot already preloaded with certain options/accessories.

Yes correct with protection and care. Getting those for peace of mind and convenience.

The interest rate is 1.08% so 4yrs should be $1,656.48?

No rush in getting a new one unless it's a good deal Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes have two cars and her lease isn't due for another few months. Thanks for your help. We'll wait.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
26348 posts
11392 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. Interest rate saved you lots of $ then.

In this case, all the fees are rolled into the monthly payment. The interst of $1656 needs to add taxes on top.

Dealer calc. is correct then.
Newbie
Feb 23, 2019
54 posts
9 upvotes
cokeboy wrote: Thanks you.

I actually don't want anything extra other than Technik trim which is more than enough. I think it's an existing car on the lot already preloaded with certain options/accessories.

Yes correct with protection and care. Getting those for peace of mind and convenience.

The interest rate is 1.08% so 4yrs should be $1,656.48?

No rush in getting a new one unless it's a good deal Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes have two cars and her lease isn't due for another few months. Thanks for your help. We'll wait.
Just curious...how did you get so low interest rate? Audi.ca says 3.9% for Q3. I did not know the interest rate is negotiable.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
26348 posts
11392 upvotes
Toronto
probably loyalty + multiple security deposits
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 12, 2013
156 posts
96 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
Pk2015 wrote:
Just curious...how did you get so low interest rate? Audi.ca says 3.9% for Q3. I did not know the interest rate is negotiable.
Correct there is loyalty discount and multiple security deposit that rolls info this.

On the 2020 Q5 Progressiv we were offered 0.08% for 4yrs lease with $652 all in and $0 down.

We are actually happy with the current offer but the 3k extra options are not necessary...

Like both Q3 and Q5. Wife prefers smaller one. If there's a standard Technik without any other fancy options/packs we may go for it.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2493 posts
3024 upvotes
Edmonton
You all seen the $12,000 cash rebate on remaining 2019 Q7s?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
26348 posts
11392 upvotes
Toronto
with another min. 6% dealer discount, then nearly 20% off grand total is what it ought to be for MY2019 in the first place.

Top