• Aug 28th, 2021 10:00 am
Tags:
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1777 posts
2826 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Looks like it still has to go through a dealer though so they're going to nag you everyday regardless lol.
Jul 12, 2013
275 posts
183 upvotes
Saint-Bruno-de-Monta…
shipill wrote: has anyone tried buying a car online ? I hate going to dealership to buy a new car they are so pushy and wont leave you alone if you give them your number they call you every day to follow up !

https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/how-to-buy/buy-audi.html

https://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/how-to-bu ... artner_id=
Maybe try another dealership? If you don't want to waste time negotiating, I believe any sales rep is happy to close the deal with you on the spot without any of these BS.

There is higher demand than supply in the last few months. More than likely they are not going to chase you down even if you need to leave and think about it. Good luck.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6727 posts
4296 upvotes
Toronto
While car shopping years ago, I went into Audi dealer, told them I wanted this and that gave my number email and everything. Because I looked like a fool, they gave me no discount and I bought my Benz. I never received any calls from Audi. I got nagging calls from bmw and another Benz dealers but still no Audi... You should go where I went.
Feb 7, 2017
178 posts
217 upvotes
Last time I bought a car it only took 30
Minutes. I did my research and provided the price that I would be willing to pay and declined the test drive. I provided my credit card as leverage and told them to take a deposit if they can close the deal at the number I provided. They accepted and I was out minutes later. When I got to the FSM he told me up front let’s get you in and outta here. ZERO talks about warranty, nitrogen , insurance and all the other BS.
Jun 9, 2009
964 posts
242 upvotes
Hamilton
My parents are looking at the Q5 Sportback Technik with the Blackout Package... It's about $63,000.

I usually do all the research for the parents. Does anyone have ANY idea of the cheapest, more-or-less, I should be aiming for?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33251 posts
15103 upvotes
peji911 wrote: My parents are looking at the Q5 Sportback Technik with the Blackout Package... It's about $63,000.
That seems insane for a Q5 with the same engine as the base model. I'd rather go with a base SQ5 regular-back which is not that much more money. Technik seems to have only a few things like bird's eye camera, bigger wheels with summer tyres, and LED headlights. Those things are nice to have, but at $63k with 258hp variant of the 2.0T? I think the only way you can do worse is by buying a Q7 with the 2.0T...