Expired Hot Deals

[audible.ca] 60-day free trial + 5 audiobooks (exclusively for Amazon Prime Members)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2021 4:24 pm
[OP]
Jan 6, 2016
30 posts
192 upvotes
The World is One Fam…

60-day free trial + 5 audiobooks (exclusively for Amazon Prime Members)

Price:
$0
Savings:
100%
Retailer:
audible.ca
For the fans of audiobooks

audible.ca is offering 2 months of a free trial and 5 audiobooks for prime members.

The offer was available on my amazon.ca home screen.

Just in case someone is interested - they can keep a watch on the offers available to them

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 09.13.29.png
Last edited by Taurean on Jan 27th, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43 replies
Oct 16, 2006
180 posts
96 upvotes
Waterloo
Great deal. I see the banner but when i click on it I don't receive the promo even though I'm a prime member. Must be because I was an audible subscriber within a year or so.
Nov 5, 2014
270 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Darn, I see the banner too but no promo. I also was a subscriber within the year.
Jun 18, 2016
495 posts
1425 upvotes
This is worth ~$80. After your membership expires you still get to keep all the audiobooks. Good deal.
Aug 30, 2018
386 posts
162 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks for posting. Got it.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2321 posts
1600 upvotes
Calgary
I had the banner and clicked it to sign up. Got the email that says I’m on two month promo with 5 free audiobooks, but nowhere on my account do I see the 5 credits. Under the credits section it shows 2 credits which I think is the standard allocation? Anyone else having trouble seeing the 5 credits?

I had done an audible trial a long while ago, but I assumed this would still work since I got the banner and even the email after sign up said 5 book promo.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I'm a big fan of audio books as well but I've never subscribed to Audible. What exactly does the membership get you? I thought it was a single audiobook per month?

Does it work similar to Kindle unlimited in that you can 'borrow' any of the audiobooks you like while you're subscribed, but you only get to keep the ones you purchase or the free ones each month?
Jul 1, 2020
2 posts
Couldn't get it as well :(
I have the banner on my homepage but when I click, it says $14.95 / month and 1 free audiobook. I had my previous membership cancelled on July 2020 so I assume that may be the reason. However, looks like the banner doesn't specify any rules for this offer.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1076 posts
122 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: I had the banner and clicked it to sign up. Got the email that says I’m on two month promo with 5 free audiobooks, but nowhere on my account do I see the 5 credits. Under the credits section it shows 2 credits which I think is the standard allocation? Anyone else having trouble seeing the 5 credits?

I had done an audible trial a long while ago, but I assumed this would still work since I got the banner and even the email after sign up said 5 book promo.
its explained in the T&C, you don't get 5 credits right away.

Audible Exclusive Offer - Terms and Conditions
Offer available until January 31, 2021 at 6am PST or while supplies last. Offer available only to new Audible.ca customers who are Prime members at the time of sign up. By signing up for an Audible membership, you will receive your first 60 days free along with 2 credits and 1 Audible selected “Editor’s Extra” title in the first month and 1 credit and 1 Audible selected “Editor’s Extra” title in the second month. You must be signed up to receive marketing emails to receive communication regarding the Audible selected “Editor’s Extra” titles. At the end of your free membership period, your membership will continue until cancelled at the then current full price (currently CDN$14.95 per month plus applicable taxes) with your designated credit card or another available card on file. Cancel anytime by visiting the Account Details page on Audible.ca. Offer is limited to one per customer and account, may not be combined with other offers, is non-transferable and may not be resold. Audible and Amazon reserve the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. If you violate any of these terms, this offer will be invalid.
Boom Boom Pow!
Nov 30, 2017
173 posts
121 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: I'm a big fan of audio books as well but I've never subscribed to Audible. What exactly does the membership get you? I thought it was a single audiobook per month?

Does it work similar to Kindle unlimited in that you can 'borrow' any of the audiobooks you like while you're subscribed, but you only get to keep the ones you purchase or the free ones each month?
You also get a free editor’s choice per month. This month is the Queen’s gambit. And you have free access to many audible original audiobooks. And 30% off the regular priced audiobook, but that’s a meh since their original price is outrageous.

The hottest is you get to keep all the free ones even the membership expires.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3710 posts
1529 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Thanks for the heads-up OP!
Will wait till next week/month to see if the Amazon membership offer comes through (Virgin/Manulife promo). Could be good timing.
I can't afford to save that much!
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1024 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Albeit different, but in the same vein, I prefer Blinkist.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
RichardMan wrote: You also get a free editor’s choice per month. This month is the Queen’s gambit. And you have free access to many audible original audiobooks. And 30% off the regular priced audiobook, but that’s a meh since their original price is outrageous.

The hottest is you get to keep all the free ones even the membership expires.
So essentially it's really just a subscription service that gives you one 'free' audiobook per month unless you're interested in their editor's choice books or audible original audiobooks. You don't really get any benefit from the membership itself beyond the 30% discount.
Nov 6, 2013
394 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RandomSanity wrote: So essentially it's really just a subscription service that gives you one 'free' audiobook per month unless you're interested in their editor's choice books or audible original audiobooks. You don't really get any benefit from the membership itself beyond the 30% discount.
Eh, it's not a cheap subscription, but you get more than this. Your 1 monthly credit can be put towards any book -- some much more expensive than the $15 monthly fee. I've bought books/readings that are $40+ on other platforms. And there's a few other little perks. E.g., there are Audible exclusive podcasts, including a few I liked on sleep, some soundscapes, and meditation. Occasionally there are free giveaways beyond the editor's choice, too.

The main problem is that I don't listen to 1 audiobook per month, so I have a bunch of credits piling up. With the temporary pause on membership they let you do once a year I'm hoping to catch up. I also find it annoying that Audible works seamlessly with Sonos, but won't with Chromecast (presumably because it competes with Alexa). On the whole though, definitely worth a free trial, and for some people definitely worth the subscription.
Last edited by Diakonos on Jan 27th, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2014
270 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jm0287 wrote: Darn, I see the banner too but no promo. I also was a subscriber within the year.
I called into audible and they added the promo to my account

First month
2 credits + editors pick (Queen's Gambit)

Second month
1 credit + editors pick (TBD)

Some extras with your membership:

• Your own library to build. Keep your books forever, even if you cancel.
• Exclusive member only savings. Get 30% off additional audiobooks.
• Easy exchanges. Don't love a book? Swap it for free, anytime.
• Cancel anytime.
Last edited by jm0287 on Jan 27th, 2021 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2283 posts
522 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Diakonos wrote: Eh, it's not a cheap subscription, but you get more than this. Your 1 monthly credit can be put towards any book -- some much more expensive than the $15 monthly fee. I've bought books/readings that are $40+ on other platforms. And there's a few other little perks. E.g., there are Audible exclusive podcasts, including a few I liked on sleep, some soundscapes, and meditation. Occasionally there are free giveaways beyond the editor's choice, too.

The main problem is that I don't listen to 1 audiobook per month, so I have a bunch of credits piling up. With the temporary pause on membership they let you do once a year I'm hoping to catch up. I also find it annoying that Audible works seamlessly with Sonos, but won't with Chromecast (presumably because it competes with Alexa). On the whole though, definitely worth a free trial, and for some people definitely worth the subscription.
I'm not saying it's not worth it. The single audiobook of your choice per month makes it a good deal, since audiobooks can be rather pricey.

I just don't like the way they market it, it makes it sound like a service where you can listen to audiobooks for free, similar to Kindle Unlimited, when really it's only a single audiobook of your choice each month.

Even this promo isn't 5 free audiobooks of your choice, it's 3 of your choice and 2 specific audiobooks chosen by them. Not bad at all for free, but not as good as it sounds if you have specific tastes.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2321 posts
1600 upvotes
Calgary
jm0287 wrote: I called into audible and they added the promo to my account

First month
2 credits + editors pic (Queen's Gambit)

Second month
1 credit + editors pic (TBD)
I think the way you described it here should be added to the OP for some extra clarity on how this promotion works.
Nov 5, 2014
270 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jarfgames wrote: I think the way you described it here should be added to the OP for some extra clarity on how this promotion works.
Thanks! I added some verbiage
Jan 26, 2021
1 posts
This only gives you one audiobook a month. Why isn't there an audiobook subscription service that allows access to the full library like every other music/movie/tv subscription service?
Nov 6, 2013
394 posts
234 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RandomSanity wrote: I'm not saying it's not worth it. The single audiobook of your choice per month makes it a good deal, since audiobooks can be rather pricey.

I just don't like the way they market it, it makes it sound like a service where you can listen to audiobooks for free, similar to Kindle Unlimited, when really it's only a single audiobook of your choice each month.

Even this promo isn't 5 free audiobooks of your choice, it's 3 of your choice and 2 specific audiobooks chosen by them. Not bad at all for free, but not as good as it sounds if you have specific tastes.
Mhm, I didn't mean to imply you said it's not worth it. I just wanted to mention that it is more than just the single credit and the monthly free book. There are other perks like the bonus podcasts and occasional giveaways (I downloaded a bunch of Giller-prize classics a while ago, and there have been other giveaways that are member-exclusive). I agree that this promo of 5 free audiobooks is a bit misleading; in essence it's three audiobooks and two bonus books of their choice. Probably the OP should reflect that more specific language.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)