Expired Hot Deals

[Audible.com] Audible has just made many of their audio books free - no app, account, or signup needed.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 4:02 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6705 posts
3754 upvotes
Aurora

[Audible.com] Audible has just made many of their audio books free - no app, account, or signup needed.

Deal Link:
Price:
FREE
Retailer:
Audible.com
More offers from Audible.com
Audible has just made a lot of their audiobooks completely free. Note that this is audible.com, not audible.ca. But the link is accessible to all. There are a lot of books for kids. No need for an app, account, or signup. From Audible:
https://stories.audible.com/discovery
Stories help.

They entertain. They teach. They keep young minds active, alert, and engaged.

For as long as schools are closed, we're open. Starting today, kids everywhere can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories, including titles across six different languages, that will help them continue dreaming, learning, and just being kids.

All stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.

Explore the collection, select a title and start listening.

It's that easy.
Last edited by DiceMan on Mar 23rd, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25 replies
Nov 4, 2010
221 posts
180 upvotes
Canada
Sweeeeeeeet!

Would I be correct to assume that only the ones shown on this link are free? Or are there some hidden gems out there that are now free but just not displayed?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4511 posts
6121 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
phaldaz wrote: Sweeeeeeeet!

Would I be correct to assume that only the ones shown on this link are free? Or are there some hidden gems out there that are now free but just not displayed?
You can also use librivox for free audiobooks. Your library card should give you a lot of these audiobooks for free.
Feb 9, 2005
887 posts
198 upvotes
It's not free access to the whole catalogue. Limited selection but still some decent titles to go through.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17810 posts
1375 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
vistaliving wrote: It's not free access to the whole catalogue. Limited selection but still some decent titles to go through.
This is primarily a way to keep your kids entertained during this self-isolation/quarantine period.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1404 posts
849 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
21 french titles. Too bad its not via the audible application.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6705 posts
3754 upvotes
Aurora
Nikhilvoid wrote: You can also use librivox for free audiobooks. Your library card should give you a lot of these audiobooks for free.
Yes, that's another way. I think the libraries limit the concurrent downloads to the number of licenses they have don't they? I seem to remember when I tried to download an e-book or audiobook from my local library, sometimes they were "taken out" and I had to wait and put a hold on it.
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a way to download one of these to listen to it in the car on a USB stick?
Jun 19, 2006
293 posts
97 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Thanks! Sent the link to my granddaughters Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 14, 2007
205 posts
52 upvotes
Halifax
softech wrote: audible is Amazon, right? can i use my audible app to get this deal? or when I use audible, i am tied with my Amazon.ca account?
Wondering this too, can I load these into my audible app? I'm a .ca member.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6705 posts
3754 upvotes
Aurora
softech wrote: audible is Amazon, right? can i use my audible app to get this deal? or when I use audible, i am tied with my Amazon.ca account?
bluekayaker wrote: Wondering this too, can I load these into my audible app? I'm a .ca member.
It looks like it's limited to browser streaming. I also have an audible.com account and used it to log in to the US site - I wasn't able to stream from the app.

Here's a link to the Audible Stories FAQ with more details. https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G/01/ ... 39990_.pdf
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4470 posts
3294 upvotes
Not sure if somebody else already mentioned this - but this is not a deal or a freebie from Audible. Most of these "free" books are already available for free in the public domain, which can be accessed by apps such as "free books". Audible is simply exploiting the situation by pretending to do something out of good will when it really is not.
Apr 14, 2017
671 posts
591 upvotes
hierophant wrote: Not sure if somebody else already mentioned this - but this is not a deal or a freebie from Audible. Most of these "free" books are already available for free in the public domain, which can be accessed by apps such as "free books". Audible is simply exploiting the situation by pretending to do something out of good will when it really is not.
The text is in the public domain, not the audio.
Oct 27, 2009
623 posts
431 upvotes
Hamilton
Streamable but not downloadable by the looks of it. If that matters to you.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4470 posts
3294 upvotes
pny128 wrote: The text is in the public domain, not the audio.
Audio is available via apps like "free books" which I have, hence my comment. There are also a bunch of podcasts that offer the same, which you can download.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1019 posts
483 upvotes
Montreal
All the french audiobooks are terrible except Dumas' Les Trois Mousquetaires
Deal Addict
May 12, 2014
2919 posts
2675 upvotes
Montreal
hierophant wrote: Audio is available via apps like "free books" which I have, hence my comment. There are also a bunch of podcasts that offer the same, which you can download.
But how does the quality of their audio compare to the free versions? (Not just audio quality, but error correction, indexing if any, other features?)
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
4470 posts
3294 upvotes
FrancisBacon wrote: But how does the quality of their audio compare to the free versions? (Not just audio quality, but error correction, indexing if any, other features?)
I'm not sure but I'm also not trying to convince anyone to switch over - by all means continue using Audible.. I was simply stating that there are already other free options that offer a comparable service prior to this "deal".