Expired Hot Deals

[Audible.com] Free Audible Book: The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson (Membership or Trial account required)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2018 7:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2009
1412 posts
2268 upvotes
Toronto :)

[Audible.com] Free Audible Book: The Butterfly Effect with Jon Ronson (Membership or Trial account required)

Deal Link:
Price:
$0.00
Savings:
100% off
Retailer:
Audible.com
More offers from Audible.com
Not sure if it’s a good book but reviews seem decent and it’s free :)

Edit: you need to have made/make an account with a free trial (my account was made with a free trial many months ago and I was able to get this for free)

Image
Last edited by zumi78878 on Feb 18th, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
21 replies
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
Doesn't show free for me. Says that you can pre-order for free, yet the buttons say Buy. Is this an Audible members only offer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2009
1412 posts
2268 upvotes
Toronto :)
TartanToed wrote: Doesn't show free for me. Says that you can pre-order for free, yet the buttons say Buy. Is this an Audible members only offer?
The price to buy is $0. You just need an account to “buy”
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5142 posts
1910 upvotes
Ottawa
Scam, nothing is free , it’s $33, stop posting these
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
zumi78878 wrote: The price to buy is $0. You just need an account to “buy”
No, the price listed is $33.
And, yes, since you need an account, that makes it a MEMBER'S ONLY item.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5957 posts
4039 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: Scam, nothing is free , it’s $33, stop posting these
Scam? You've got to be kidding me.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2009
1412 posts
2268 upvotes
Toronto :)
TartanToed wrote: No, the price listed is $33.
And, yes, since you need an account, that makes it a MEMBER'S ONLY item.
If you have an account made with the free trial (my free trial ended many months ago), it is free.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
zumi78878 wrote: If you have an account made with the free trial (my free trial ended many months ago), it is free.
Then please post that information in either the title or the first post. Don't forget to mention that you need to make a free trial with a credit card and make sure that you CANCEL the subscription after the free trial is over. With so many posts under your belt, one would think that you know had RFD works.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2017
663 posts
1050 upvotes
Vancouver
TartanToed wrote: Then please post that information in either the title or the first post. Don't forget to mention that you need to make a free trial with a credit card and make sure that you CANCEL the subscription after the free trial is over. With so many posts under your belt, one would think that you know had RFD works.
I don't think you need to be rude, or personally attack the guy...

It is just as easy to downvote the thread and let the OP know what he could have done differently. Remember the human on the other end of the screen.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 2, 2009
1412 posts
2268 upvotes
Toronto :)
TartanToed wrote: Then please post that information in either the title or the first post. Don't forget to mention that you need to make a free trial with a credit card and make sure that you CANCEL the subscription after the free trial is over. With so many posts under your belt, one would think that you know had RFD works.
Added info to title. There's also a thing called cancelling immediately after you start the trial. But that is out of the context of this deal because that does not apply to every person.
Deals never wait for people, only people wait for deals.
Buy now, think later.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
10750 posts
3305 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
sonyHdr12 wrote: Scam, nothing is free , it’s $33, stop posting these
It was free for me.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5957 posts
4039 upvotes
TartanToed wrote: Then please post that information in either the title or the first post. Don't forget to mention that you need to make a free trial with a credit card and make sure that you CANCEL the subscription after the free trial is over. With so many posts under your belt, one would think that you know had RFD works.
I don't think that you need to tell people that when signing up for a free trial you need to make sure to cancel before the trial is over. People are asking for way too much on here lately.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 10, 2007
3232 posts
426 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks OP...Already on trial - grabbed Where should we begin season 1 and 2 as well.
  • Zoomer : $45/7GB subscriber ($50 Ref + $150 welcome) + Pixel 4A
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
tietherope wrote: I don't think that you need to tell people that when signing up for a free trial you need to make sure to cancel before the trial is over. People are asking for way too much on here lately.
Excuse me? When you sign up you need to use a valid credit card and when the free trial is over, Audible will automatically bill your credit card monthly. This is information ppl need to make an informed decision and not get over-billed.
Member
Nov 24, 2008
316 posts
143 upvotes
Dartmouth NS
RedFlagCrake wrote: I don't think you need to be rude, or personally attack the guy...

It is just as easy to downvote the thread and let the OP know what he could have done differently. Remember the human on the other end of the screen.
I'm sorry if you think gentle correction is a personal attack. There are clear instructions and rules for threads which weren't followed in this case. My admonition was extremely gentle for RFD. Stick around a little more and see.
Newbie
Feb 11, 2018
28 posts
12 upvotes
Thanks OP. I have an audible account and it was free for me.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5957 posts
4039 upvotes
TartanToed wrote: Then please post that information in either the title or the first post. Don't forget to mention that you need to make a free trial with a credit card and make sure that you CANCEL the subscription after the free trial is over. With so many posts under your belt, one would think that you know had RFD works.
TartanToed wrote: Excuse me? When you sign up you need to use a valid credit card and when the free trial is over, Audible will automatically bill your credit card monthly. This is information ppl need to make an informed decision and not get over-billed.
TartanToed wrote: I'm sorry if you think gentle correction is a personal attack. There are clear instructions and rules for threads which weren't followed in this case. My admonition was extremely gentle for RFD. Stick around a little more and see.
You seem very gentle. And you're right, you know much more as you've been a member 2 days longer than I have. Although with 2,700 less posts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 8, 2007
1546 posts
1484 upvotes
I'm pretty sure this is free through most podcast apps.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2017
663 posts
1050 upvotes
Vancouver
TartanToed wrote: I'm sorry if you think gentle correction is a personal attack. There are clear instructions and rules for threads which weren't followed in this case. My admonition was extremely gentle for RFD. Stick around a little more and see.
Being passive aggressive is not gentle, and justifying your actions by comparing them to greater evils doesn't make them any less disrespectful.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 17, 2005
9160 posts
10539 upvotes
You actually get three months free (1 free book per. Month, which you can keep after the trial is over) for audible if you have Prime membership, and you don't need a credit card (since amazon already has your info)

I posted a smiliar deal few months ago when the new Trump book came out, and got flamed into oblivion


Anyways.. Here's a few more free titles:

Crackanory Seasons 1, 2 and 3
Crackanory Too Cracked for TV - exclusive to Audible

Top