• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2019 12:41 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
2741 posts
978 upvotes

Audio-Technica ATH-M40x deals?

These things always seems to go on sale when I'm not ready to buy them, are there any BF deals anywhere that ships Canada wide coming up?
15 replies
Dec 28, 2017
202 posts
250 upvotes
Calgary
subbing to this thread, also looking for studio grade headsets to monitor my audio for streams
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2000 posts
1092 upvotes
North Vancouver
Subscribed as well. Hoping to find either the ATH-M40X or ATH-M50X for a great price.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Nov 22, 2018
6 posts
I just bought the ATH-M50XBT from Amazon for $180, which is the lowest all time price according to ***************. I've been watching for deal as well and haven't seen much else come up.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2000 posts
1092 upvotes
North Vancouver
The ATH-M40X has been as low as $74.50 per CCC and I am hoping that happens again on Friday. Fingers crossed.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Sep 27, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
Canadacomputers has the M40X for 129.99 and m50x for 169.99

best deal in Canada for these i've seen so far.

bought the m50x during this sale and I was disappointed. the reviews on these headphones are way off base. for someone who uses them for mixing they are horribly colored in the high frequencies. last time I go make a purchase based on online sensationalism. these headphones are not neutral and lack clarity and separation. whoever is rating them best overall is out of their mind.
Aug 11, 2006
7 posts
1 upvote
I've been waiting a few weeks to buy the M40X. Looking at past Amazon prices, I'm hoping for sub $100 for Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Boxing Day. It's been a while since they been on sale, so we're due for one.
Mar 28, 2006
126 posts
40 upvotes
Kizi30 wrote: Canadacomputers has the M40X for 129.99 and m50x for 169.99

best deal in Canada for these i've seen so far.

bought the m50x during this sale and I was disappointed. the reviews on these headphones are way off base. for someone who uses them for mixing they are horribly colored in the high frequencies. last time I go make a purchase based on online sensationalism. these headphones are not neutral and lack clarity and separation. whoever is rating them best overall is out of their mind.
m50x's are a great entry into budget audiophile headphones, but they certainly are not neutral that's for sure. I would say if anything they are a "fun" type headphone, compared to my AKG K550's (only closed back I own) they are far far from neutral. Depends on your application though, mixing etc you're absolutely right you want something neutral...but for general enjoyment? They deserve a good review. They were far more worth it back when they were ~120$ in the pre-X version though.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2000 posts
1092 upvotes
North Vancouver
decadentia wrote: m50x's are a great entry into budget audiophile headphones, but they certainly are not neutral that's for sure. I would say if anything they are a "fun" type headphone, compared to my AKG K550's (only closed back I own) they are far far from neutral. Depends on your application though, mixing etc you're absolutely right you want something neutral...but for general enjoyment? They deserve a good review. They were far more worth it back when they were ~120$ in the pre-X version though.
Agreed, not neutral, not like my Senn 598 anyway, but then neutral can be boring. Emphasized bass and recessed mid-range are common remarks made in reviews. Some people favour the M40X over the M50X and while I haven't done a direct side-by-side comparison, I have friends who swear by their M40X cans and so if they get down below $100 I will be getting one. Man, I've been buying up headphones like flashlights and pocket knives, too many, lol.
Nov 25, 2019
16 posts
12 upvotes
RyanL96270 wrote: I just bought the ATH-M50XBT from Amazon for $180, which is the lowest all time price according to ***************. I've been watching for deal as well and haven't seen much else come up.
Me too. I'm so scared of opening it now, because Amazon doesn't do price match. So, I'm keeping it in a box now, in case I could find a better price throughout this Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day turmoil. It's so sad that I'm unable to test it out right away.

I'm a little bit worried that people are saying that it's a bad headphone. And now they are having it a price of $179.99 everywhere. I guess it is not so popular anymore.
Nov 22, 2018
6 posts
supermariored wrote: Me too. I'm so scared of opening it now, because Amazon doesn't do price match. So, I'm keeping it in a box now, in case I could find a better price throughout this Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day turmoil. It's so sad that I'm unable to test it out right away.

I'm a little bit worried that people are saying that it's a bad headphone. And now they are having it a price of $179.99 everywhere. I guess it is not so popular anymore.
Where did you read that people say it's a bad headphone? I thought the reviews were quite good.

If it's any help, I'm using them right now and put them through the paces pretty good last night with a bunch of different types of music. It's like night and day to the cheap headphones that I was using previously.

Given that the current price is the lowest ever on CCC, I wouldn't expect anything better anytime soon.
Sep 27, 2015
4 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
I wanted to keep the M50x but it was not worth it. I should probably get open back headphones but I tend to mix on the run so that won't work for public spaces.

The funny thing is that I downloaded sonarworks reference 4 headphone edition software just to correct the frequency profile of the m50x and as soon as I hit the button they instantly sounded like my lost senheisser hd 25's. :facepalm:
Dec 28, 2017
202 posts
250 upvotes
Calgary
this black friday sucks with studio equipments, no good deals on audio interface and headsets. Hopefully see something at cyber monday