Aufo Wireless Earbuds SCAM - REFUNDED FROM AMAZON

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 4:29 pm
Nov 15, 2014
131 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Aufo Wireless Earbuds SCAM - REFUNDED FROM AMAZON

On Monday, an RFDer posted an amazon deal for an $39.99 Wireless Earbud that turns to $0 + $5.54 shipping if you use a coupon code. I threw my name in the hat believing like everyone else that the order will get cancelled.

The original thread was deleted by mods because it violated some rules. I am not going to break any rules so I won't post the link.

I checked the order this morning and it said the seller has shipped the item. I wonder if I will get a box of rocks, but did anyone else tried it? What's your status?

Edit: APRIL 20th - I got tired of waiting and have requested and have received my refund. The refund was approved by Amazon almost immediately.
Last edited by aasoror on Apr 21st, 2021 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated title
127 replies
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
Mine is shipped as well.
I was wondering where that thread went.
Nov 30, 2006
928 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Me to, we’ll see what arrives!
Apr 17, 2017
72 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Mine shipped, too.

BTW, What RFD rules did your post violate? Seemed fine to me. It might have been an error on Amazons part but that is not your fault.
Nov 15, 2014
131 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
housemusic wrote: Mine shipped, too.

BTW, What RFD rules did your post violate? Seemed fine to me. It might have been an error on Amazons part but that is not your fault.
It wasn't my deal, but I recall the Amazon seller was new and you are not allowed to post deals from Amazon sellers under a certain rating.

Maybe a mod can comment on it.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
This sounds like a free product for good review product.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2006
3171 posts
2294 upvotes
Barrie
Cheapo-Findo wrote: This sounds like a free product for good review product.
Regardless, I will take it!

Mine shipped too.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
housemusic wrote: BTW, What RFD rules did your post violate? Seemed fine to me. It might have been an error on Amazons part but that is not your fault.
Hanzawa wrote: It wasn't my deal, but I recall the Amazon seller was new and you are not allowed to post deals from Amazon sellers under a certain rating.

Maybe a mod can comment on it.
Complete Forum Rules & Tips - Read Before Posting

"Deals from Amazon 3rd party sellers with less than 1,000 lifetime ratings and/or sellers known to recruit shills will be deleted"
Destiny is all
Dec 2, 2009
814 posts
369 upvotes
Markham
I bought too for fun but looks sketchy. The item said it was coming from China but it posted a usps tracking link. It also says "-USPS" as the "delivered by" weird hyphen. I bet we all have the same tracking link or the link will remain "label created, not in system" forever.

Seller no longer sells the product and has nothing else for sale on their profile. I have a strong feeling it's a scam but rolled the dice for $5 lol
Nov 15, 2014
131 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ghiness wrote: I bought too for fun but looks sketchy. The item said it was coming from China but it posted a usps tracking link. It also says "-USPS" as the "delivered by" weird hyphen. I bet we all have the same tracking link or the link will remain "label created, not in system" forever.

Seller no longer sells the product and has nothing else for sale on their profile. I have a strong feeling it's a scam but rolled the dice for $5 lol
Yeah, its supposed to ship from China but I also have a USPS tracking number.
Jun 26, 2017
247 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Same boat. Only got it because a friend of mine sent the link so I thought it was legit. Should've checked RFD to make sure. I really hope it's not a scam. It's gonna be a PITA trying to get my $5 from Amazon since it wasn't shipped by them..

EDIT: Yaa... seems like it's probably a scam.. https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... _feedback/
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
I gambled as well.
I guess we're getting the proverbial packet of seeds :)
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
Wait if it's through USPS..will we get hit with some kind of custom fees?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2211 posts
1356 upvotes
1tallaznguy wrote: Wait if it's through USPS..will we get hit with some kind of custom fees?
No, I think your confusing it with UPS.
Oct 23, 2010
116 posts
286 upvotes
BC
All the other threads about this earbud is getting deleted. Not sure what rules were violated.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
joo wrote: I guess we're getting the proverbial packet of seeds :)
Why do you think you are even getting something? do you see the tracking details showing the proper destination?
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
Strychinine wrote: Not sure what rules were violated.
The rule of "common sense" not to post "probable" scams from overseas sellers with just launched storefronts with zero feedback at too good to be true prices (where there is no incentive whatsoever for orders to be fulfilled), there are identity theft risks involved in these sorts of deals (even when amazon covers the refunds the damage isn't totally undone, seller got a full name and correct shipping address with matching phone number) so it's a good idea not to provide a platform for these kinds of deals even with some very minuscule chance it's actually a deal (look no further than ebay to find tons of them, any thread of that sort would be similarly taken down whenever they are posted here).

Also, there is the 3rd party seller feedback threshold and reputation that was quoted upthread.

A friendly reminder about what can be done with something as basic as a matching name, address, and phone number:

Just remember the money was probably never at risk, those running these scams know they have next to no chance of getting paid because of how payments are scheduled (they probably get exposed before the payment date, which is every 7 days for Amazon CA IIRC), the whole scheme is usually meant to get the buyer info and never the buyer money, and just looking at how many threads were created for this deal I would say they were quite successful doing it ;) of course, there is always a chance of this turning out to be a case of the mods being over cautious about a legit deal and you guys get the earbuds from CN via USPS, so good luck to all of you!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
aasoror wrote: The rule of "common sense" not to post "probable" scams from overseas sellers with just launched storefronts with zero feedback at too good to be true prices (where there is no incentive whatsoever for orders to be fulfilled), there are identity theft risks involved in these sorts of deals (even when amazon covers the refunds the damage isn't totally undone, seller got a full name and correct shipping address with matching phone number) so it's a good idea not to provide a platform for these kinds of deals even with some very minuscule chance it's actually a deal (look no further than ebay to find tons of them, any thread of that sort would be similarly taken down whenever they are posted here).

Also, there is the 3rd party seller feedback threshold and reputation that was quoted upthread.

A friendly reminder about what can be done with something as basic as a matching name, address, and phone number:

Just remember the money was probably never at risk, those running these scams know they have next to no chance of getting paid because of how payments are scheduled (they probably get exposed before the payment date, which is every 7 days for Amazon CA IIRC), the whole scheme is usually meant to get the buyer info and never the buyer money, and just looking at how many threads were created for this deal I would say they were quite successful doing it ;) of course, there is always a chance of this turning out to be a case of the mods being over cautious about a legit deal and you guys get the earbuds from CN via USPS, so good luck to all of you!
Ah damn...what can we do now? So for sure they are using it for identity fraud?!?
Jun 23, 2019
17 posts
1 upvote
in the same boat... didn't do my due diligence. it says my product has 'shipped' - what should i do?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Always a good resource to see how many of your accounts have been compromised. Like aasoror mentioned, these type of info farming, names, address, phone numbers, doesn't have to be straight fraud where there is money at risk.

It is the data of confirmation of possible names, addresses, email address, etc. that is what they're looking for. To connect and match and build a shadow account that contains all potential information on a single person.

For example, a person has 3 emails that they use, ordering from different sites. 2 of these sites are compromised, and the email and basic shipping info is collected, however, one of these accounts has their password taken. They will attempt to brute force and use this password on all accounts and websites that have matching emails, contact names, address, etc. More and more compromised info comes out, gets added onto the shadow accounts. It's always good to rotate passwords and keep every one unique.

Goodluck.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)