Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
AUKEY

AUKEY Dual Dash Cam HD 1080P Front and Rear Dash Cam - $149.99 (after coupon, no tax applied)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 8:38 pm
Banned
Sep 2, 2013
72 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga

AUKEY Dual Dash Cam HD 1080P Front and Rear Dash Cam - $149.99 (after coupon, no tax applied)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
30$ off
Retailer:
AUKEY
Edit #1: Apologies. Camelx3 is not accurate on the price history apparently. Not an all-time low price but still a good discount.

For those who missed it, the 30$ coupon is back + use Rakuten 1% and No Tax. I have a few Aukey products and I can say that they are good value for the price you pay. Great customer support too.

I also have the Free 10$ gift card I used from the UGO Wallet:
ugo-wallet-new-accounts-only-get-free-1 ... d-2336162/

Came to 139.99$ for me.

Product review and video:

Info:

• Clear Video Capture: The DR02 D is a complete front and rear dash camera system that backs you up in any road incident. Sony Exmor Sensors in both cameras capture super-sharp 1080p video (accompanied by optional in-car audio) and perform well for nighttime driving
  • Full Six-Lane View: The wide-angle lenses cover more, capturing crucial peripheral action. 170° front and 152° rear fields of view monitor vehicle movements and other activity in front, behind, and even towards the sides
  • Emergency Recording & Loop Recording: Emergency Recording automatically captures unexpected driving incidents and protects the recordings. Loop Recording allows continuous use by writing over old, unneeded footage. Connect to the AUKEY GM-32 GPS Antenna (sold separately) to embed location & speed data for trip tracking and greater protection
  • Extreme Temperature Operation: Powered by the included dual-port USB car charger and internal supercapacitor. These cameras use a supercapacitor for greater heat & cold endurance (-30°C – 75°C / -22°F – 167°F) and longer lifetime than cameras with standard battery technology
  • Package Contents: Dual Dash Cameras (front and rear camera), Dual-Port USB Car Charger, 4m / 13ft USB Mini-B Cable, 7m / 23ft USB Mini-B Cable, Two Sticker Mounts, Six 3M Stickers, Six Cable Clips, 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card
Images
  • 616W+8JSp8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • asdasd.png
Last edited by deezy28 on Dec 4th, 2019 11:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
20 replies
Dec 16, 2015
252 posts
137 upvotes
BC
edit: removed.
Last edited by ayogtc on Dec 4th, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2017
448 posts
614 upvotes
Whitby
I have this camera and I also don't recommend that. Other than img resolution concerns, when the camera is not connect directly to the battery, when you turn on the car again you need to follow on the initial settings (language, time,...) otherwise it will not start any recording. When connected directly to the battery, after 2 days in parking mode the battery was fully dead. It happened to me 2 times. So... Get out from here and do a better search.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2014
4967 posts
13387 upvotes
45° 36' 44.9964'' N …
bought it in May 9, 2018 for $ 125.99 which was the all time low back then
Images
  • dashcam.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I got it for even lower at 120.59 on July 2018. Do I win? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
"All-time low"? Incorrect... Last Dec 4th I paid 124.99 (no tax)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
IvensM066447 wrote: I have this camera and I also don't recommend that. Other than img resolution concerns, when the camera is not connect directly to the battery, when you turn on the car again you need to follow on the initial settings (language, time,...) otherwise it will not start any recording. When connected directly to the battery, after 2 days in parking mode the battery was fully dead. It happened to me 2 times. So... Get out from here and do a better search.
What? Mine is not connected to my battery and it does not have this issue. It seems yours is defective.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1369 posts
1203 upvotes
Brampton
I got the viofo duo... Do I win?
Banned
Sep 2, 2013
72 posts
135 upvotes
Mississauga
steven80 wrote: "All-time low"? Incorrect... Last Dec 4th I paid 124.99 (no tax)
According to data from Camel x3 says that the lowest price is 149.99 so I based my post on that. Guess that website isn't that accurate. Thanks for the info though, I'll remove the all-time low from the title. Cheers dude!
Images
  • Untitled.png
Last edited by deezy28 on Dec 4th, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 30, 2018
91 posts
93 upvotes
Drama aside, is Aukey really a good brand? I see it recommended a lot here and on Reddit because it has a super capacitor, so I waited for either it or Viofo to go on sale all weekend with no real luck. Looking to get for 3 cars so I don't really want to blow several hundred for one set. Would a cheap lithium cam suffice just the same?
Apr 13, 2017
476 posts
245 upvotes
sleath56 wrote: Drama aside, is Aukey really a good brand? I see it recommended a lot here and on Reddit because it has a super capacitor, so I waited for either it or Viofo to go on sale all weekend with no real luck. Looking to get for 3 cars so I don't really want to blow several hundred for one set. Would a cheap lithium cam suffice just the same?
They've got a legit warranty not sure if that counts? My camera would stop recording after a few days (thank god I noticed) and I had to reset it. Kept happening. I wrote a quick email asking maybe I messed up a setting. They sent out a whole new unit and didn't ask for me to send mine. New one works just fine. But if I didn't notice it stopp recording (there wasn't an obvious error and the camera is out of my line of sight), I'd been SOL if there was an accident.

I highly recommend a $13 hardwire kit if you do get this. It's super easy to install since they come with a fuse tap.

Anyone get parking mode to work? I'm too scared to hard-wire it to a circuit other than the cigarette lightr.
Dec 11, 2005
445 posts
218 upvotes
KamS046 wrote: They've got a legit warranty not sure if that counts? My camera would stop recording after a few days (thank god I noticed) and I had to reset it. Kept happening. I wrote a quick email asking maybe I messed up a setting. They sent out a whole new unit and didn't ask for me to send mine. New one works just fine. But if I didn't notice it stopp recording (there wasn't an obvious error and the camera is out of my line of sight), I'd been SOL if there was an accident.

I highly recommend a $13 hardwire kit if you do get this. It's super easy to install since they come with a fuse tap.

Anyone get parking mode to work? I'm too scared to hard-wire it to a circuit other than the cigarette lightr.
Can you link the hardwire kit? I only see $19.99 for the below
https://www.amazon.ca/SHISHUO-Dash-Cam- ... 206&sr=8-5
https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Hardwire-De ... 206&sr=8-8
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
sleath56 wrote: Drama aside, is Aukey really a good brand? I see it recommended a lot here and on Reddit because it has a super capacitor, so I waited for either it or Viofo to go on sale all weekend with no real luck. Looking to get for 3 cars so I don't really want to blow several hundred for one set. Would a cheap lithium cam suffice just the same?
I've had the front-cam only version of this Aukey DR02 dashcam for almost 2 years, and it's fine, no issues.

I leave mine permanently in motion-detect mode, which works fine for both driving and parking without having to go through the awkward menus, since vehicle motion makes recordings active continuously while driving. My car has a permanently-powered lighter plug, so I just unplug the camera when it's back home in the garage to avoid battery drain. I have accidentally left it plugged in for a couple of days, which wasn't enough to drain the car battery, but in motion-detect mode while sitting in the garage the recording is only active at night, when amplified image noise in total darkness activates the motion detection continuously (an unintentional bug really).

The reason for the supercapacitor is operational temperature range. The down-side is that the camera shuts down immediately when external power is removed, no battery operation. The limitations of lithium-ion batteries in extreme heat and cold are real and well known. I think the capabilities and lifespan of supercapacitors have not really been demonstrated yet in real world use. For all I know it could turn out that supercapacitors of the type made 2 years ago crap out in 3 years due to manufacturing issues not previously known.
May 3, 2006
285 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
I bought two of these 2 years ago and returned them - the video image is overly processed (excessive sharpening) that wiped out license plate numbers (Alberta) - my car has to be 2 feet from the bumper of another car to make out their license plate. My old dashcams I bought in 2012 have better video quality than these. I spent hours looking for a fix but there are no settings that worked, and I could not find any firmware updates. Aukey, at least at the time, had never released a firmware update for the DR02.

Not recommended. A Viofo is likely a much better bet, judging from the videos I've seen at sites like dashcamtalk.

BTW I suspect that the 5 star reviews on Amazon are from people who've never had a dashcam before.
May 3, 2006
285 posts
82 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
I did a search with Google and so far there has never been a firmware update for the DR02. Buyer beware.
Apr 13, 2017
476 posts
245 upvotes
I think I misremembered the price. The one I had was similar to the shishuo one and I thikn it had like a $2 coupon. I'd be down for the aukey kit but it's got some pretty bad reviews on the US site. Like the motion sensor overfires.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2085 posts
1541 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one less than a year ago. First the rear camera failed. Due to the cable getting finicky.
Next, a few months later, front camera doesn’t turn on.

Tried to contact support for warranty. NO ANSWER
Buyer beware. It’s garbage.
Jan 27, 2009
75 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to share options here:
The Anker Roav DashCam S1 is $169 but there is also a $20 off coupon (same thing you click on the checkbox on amazon.ca)

Amazon Link

I won't say which one is better, but you can see comparison video here:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)