Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.com] Aukey Large 500ml Ionizer/Diffuser $39 !!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2016 6:49 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
190 posts
69 upvotes

[Amazon.com] Aukey Large 500ml Ionizer/Diffuser $39 !!

So after posting about a different unit in another thread, I found this unit on sale on Amazon.ca

Price history when looked up, the usual price is $55, and now it's the lowest it's been. An close equivalent model from Sage is $125

Basic ~100ml capacity units are usually in the 25 - $70+ range and this one is FIVE times that 500ml. I'm a big supporter of Sage units and warranty, but damn... this is really cheap!! (imo) If anything, a great gift, or if you've just thought about trying these this is a much better option than the small 100ml units.

I have the Sage 500ml unit and it's great to mask smells from cooking in the kitchen, or even painting a room.

Reviews on amazon.com are great @ 4.6/5 stars.

I don't know when the pricing expires.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2009
2230 posts
2439 upvotes
Quebec
Aukey; bought reviews and inflated MSRP
Jul 12, 2005
548 posts
313 upvotes
+1...had a bad experience with their product
MonsieurX wrote: Aukey; bought reviews and inflated MSRP
Jan 19, 2013
331 posts
312 upvotes
I have an Aukey power bank .. had been using it for sometime .. pretty satisfied with the product ( never used their diffusers though ) ..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8562 posts
3337 upvotes
Toronto
Aukey products are hit and miss from my experiences. I've had charging cables, power cables and car chargers from them and some don't die, others die out of the box or a few days of use. I will say that their customer support is top notch, but it's annoying having to go through CS multiple times to get an item I wanted to work from the get-go.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2535 posts
1450 upvotes
Regardless of bogus reviews, etc., is this a decent diffuser for $40? What else would compare in that price range?
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3267 posts
3082 upvotes
Mordor
shilled reviews or not.
i find aukey has a great customer service, my earbuds arrived bad, they replaced them super fast.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
190 posts
69 upvotes
For a brick and mortar store, Id say this unit here is an equivalent unit. Its @129CDN from Sage Wellness.

Sage is great for quality and provides a lifetime, no questions asked replacement.

There is another other thread for similarly priced unit that is one-fifth the capacity and coverage. IMO, i would chance this unit provided through amazon versus a wagjag sale. If you go to page three of that thread, i made a few comments in there about sage unit and likely comparisons before I found this unit. I like the replacement policy because if you're a heavy user or naturally neglectful of cleaning the unit per manufacturer recommendations, there's a good chance you'll need to replace it down the line.

For this price range specifically, I think its a good buy because the common 100ml units are usually what you would expect here.

I'd rather buy a $70 100ml unit from Sage than a $30 100ml equivalent model by an online retailer for replacement insurance alone.
I'd rather buy a $129 500ml unit from Sage than a $60+ unit online for the same reasons. As long as i replace or upgrade it it once under the policy, I've saved money. A likely scenario.

But a $40 500ml unit that actually looks pretty good... Man, I'll buy two and still be ahead even if one ends up dying at some point.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2013
190 posts
69 upvotes
I cannot refute this.

I mean, Amazon lists a MSRP of $70+ for his unit, but sells it regularly at $55. According to my friend, google, it's the first time this ones been on sale, at a low of $39.

My wife loves these things and I've grown to appreciate coming home to the various aromas. We've gone through quite a few different ones in the past few years and my favorites have been the large models from sage wellness. We used to by them from Essence, but they are similarly priced to Sage and didn't offer the same warranty. I'm used to expecting a near $100+ investment for a unit like this, so $40 really caught my attention.

There's other models that claim to take 800ml, but i don't like them as they usually have positional caps on top that can possibly be lost. Once you loose it you're screwed because without them the mist doesn't exit the unit properly and water gets everywhere, or they warp for some reason and begin blocking the flow of mist instead.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3380 posts
1965 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Bought the 100mL first.

It's for a relatively small room. But if that one works great, might give this one a try. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
436 upvotes
BC
Are these better than those ones in stores like Saje etc
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3787 posts
2708 upvotes
Toronto
Too much voodoo magic for my liking. I'll stick with my glowing salt rock that cleanses the air.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3358 posts
4130 upvotes
Oakville
Exactly, fake reviews, fake Trojan supporters planted all over the internet, and inflated prices.

I spend over $15K on electronics every year and research all my tech thoroughly, and it took me two years to come to the above conclusion. Their ***** works, but it's inflated and the fake reviews mislead consumers.
-ZdpZ... ;)