• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 10:25 am
88 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19869 posts
6043 upvotes
Toronto
OK good. Now let's hope they do that with their other bazillion sellers that do the same.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6176 posts
1382 upvotes
so do we get refunds for buying their products and trusting amazon?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
4471 posts
4632 upvotes
GTA
EugW wrote: OK good. Now let's hope they do that with their other bazillion sellers that do the same.
Whoa whoa whoa... Hold on there. If that happens, Amazon will only have 10 listings in total Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4736 posts
2179 upvotes
GTA
Only those two? There's plenty more that do this.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12445 posts
3670 upvotes
haha, they removed them so people will be forced to buy amazon basic products
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4281 posts
3249 upvotes
Vancouver
No wonder the links were all dead on Friday, May 7.

I ordered an Aukey USB-C power adapter earlier that day and by late afternoon, none of the product links were working at all. I thought ran out of stock or something.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2211 posts
830 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Aukey is not the only one that does this.

I've seen it from other cheap China brands I've bought over the years. I didn't bother participating, the sheer audacity and unethical of it all. But then again, cuz I'm worth more than a $15 Amazon GC. lol!
Nov 13, 2014
581 posts
607 upvotes
Westmount, QC
So many companies do that I don't know why they targeted only these 2. I bought 1 cheap projector last summer and there was a card inside the box saying if we leave a positive 5 stars review we can choose a gift between x, y and z.

I actually bought 1 pair of wireless headphone w/ noise cancel from MPOW and they are great for the price.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15958 posts
2575 upvotes
Heh, just bought a cheap kid's projector and they offered $50 Amazon card for a review. :lol:
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
5921 posts
3702 upvotes
Toronto
theXshape wrote: So many companies do that I don't know why they targeted only these 2. I bought 1 cheap projector last summer and there was a card inside the box saying if we leave a positive 5 stars review we can choose a gift between x, y and z.

I actually bought 1 pair of wireless headphone w/ noise cancel from MPOW and they are great for the price.
Years back, I bought some MPow BT sports earbuds, which I kept in my overnight locker, and exclusively used while using sauna/steam room/jacuzzi (with IPod Nano 7th gen in ziplock bag). Pretty awesome, for the price I paid, and the high heat the endured. Man - I miss using all of those things, lol!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7147 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
MPOW, the sound that is made when booted off Amazon.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Dec 7, 2012
879 posts
621 upvotes
Ontario
The fact that it took this long to take down a handful of listings shows they don't care. Of course the site conveniently shows their own white label products when you search for the banhammered items.
Your advertisement here
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2006
2651 posts
799 upvotes
I hope Anker doesn't get removed because I actually like their stuff.
May 27, 2012
247 posts
104 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Fake reviews or not.... I have bought lots of mpow aukey and Anker stuff

They are my go to brands

I hope something gets resolved
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4281 posts
3249 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like they're back, but nothing is in stock.

My guess is, Aukey is going through their FBA inventory to remove all the solicitation cards in their product packaging.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23314 posts
18756 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Popular tech brands taken off Amazon following ‘fake reviews’ report
Last week, SafetyDetectives released a report on a vast database it found containing communication between Amazon sellers and buyers. The leaked data highlighted examples of vendor messages soliciting product ratings, as well as strategies used to bypass Amazon’s automatic detection (adding a video, waiting a few days after purchase, etc.).

Amazon has already pulled products from many major tech brands, potentially in response to the report by SafetyDetectives.

Aukey and Mpow are among the companies that have had their products pulled from Amazon...
See also SafetyDetectives: Amazon Fake Reviews Scam Exposed in Data Breach
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9847 posts
6650 upvotes
Toronto
Hopefully won’t see anymore Aukey spam, some were making bank shilling for them and like 99% fake reviews on Amazon.

Decent low priced stuff but lots of other options now.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10470 posts
76216 upvotes
Ontario
Well, this data breach basically forced Amazon to take action before the public outcry. Amazon has been making XXX millions of dollars in fees from these sellers.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8353 posts
717 upvotes
Scarborough
Any of those big Chinese brands will have the same fate. It's a part of American take on the Chinese unfair trade practice. I have MPOW stuff, they are fine. However, my MPOW car phone holder broke in less than 6 months, they totally ignored my warranty request. Yes, I will try to stick with AmazonBasic if I can even though they don't everything under the roof.