Aukey and MPOW had their products removed off Amazon due to fake reviews

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2021 10:25 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7687 posts
5187 upvotes
Canada
I did get the gift card slip from ravpower once, but they don't actually require you to leave a "5 star positive" review. As long as it's a review. Probably still against Amazon TOS.

Their products are actually very good (like Anker) and I would have left a review anyways.

I never liked and bought aukey and mpow, both seemed like garbage scam companies from day 1, with no certifications, qc issues and generally inferior products.

Anker and ravpower have always been my go to, hope ravpower comes back.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17014 posts
4801 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
RFDQ1016 wrote: I did get the gift card slip from ravpower once, but they don't actually require you to leave a "5 star positive" review. As long as it's a review. Probably still against Amazon TOS.

Their products are actually very good (like Anker) and I would have left a review anyways.

I never liked and bought aukey and mpow, both seemed like garbage scam companies from day 1, with no certifications, qc issues and generally inferior products.

Anker and ravpower have always been my go to, hope ravpower comes back.
Agree, I saw RAVPower above Aukey, MPOW, and INIU and other related Tier B China brands.
Jan 4, 2008
890 posts
389 upvotes
Mississauga
Can you get a refund on these products?
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13393 posts
8756 upvotes
Markham
It would be interesting to see the impact in amazon next financial report
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3061 posts
2904 upvotes
Guelph
smartie wrote: It would be interesting to see the impact in amazon next financial report
Probably little to none. Amazon is making BIG money right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6691 posts
1367 upvotes
If people wanted an Aukey item but it's suddenly no longer there then they'll just buy someone else's product.
Bottom line, impact to Amazon: 0
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2019
2104 posts
5292 upvotes
North York ON
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2591 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought this that clearly wasnt an MPOW listing but the product I received was MPOW. Either they have set up other stores to clear out their amazon merch or all of amazon's action is really only impacted their brand.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B095YLJCWV/