• Dec 23rd, 2004 2:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1251 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
I know this is a little off topic, but the people that's answered and read this post would know best.

are there any japanese restaurants in Mississauga that have that cooking table thing?? teppanaki (spelling)?

Thank you in advance for any help.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2003
1603 posts
138 upvotes
Hampton
polaris wrote:Where would one find such a place in Vancouver too?
If you want the most amazing sushi in Vancouver go to Tojo's - no mats but the most amazing food you will ever eat - vvv expensive however!!

One word of warning however - if you sit at the sushi bar you are in the chefs hands - there is no menu - you MUST be honest about what you do not like and any allergies you might have.
Banned
Jun 22, 2004
293 posts
mtevel wrote:authentic or NOT... u cant beat sushi inn in yorkville for value!
LOL the chicken teriyaki is one of the best anywhere in the world. if you go there they have a sign they came in 3rd place for world best teriyaki!

it only $10 at dinner. Pham, Luc and I went there last weekend. prepare to wait. It mighty good so might long weights in line! LOL
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
cummer wrote:LOL the chicken teriyaki is one of the best anywhere in the world. if you go there they have a sign they came in 3rd place for world best teriyaki!

it only $10 at dinner. Pham, Luc and I went there last weekend. prepare to wait. It mighty good so might long weights in line! LOL
you must try YORKVILLE SUSHI next time.

the terriyaki bento box comes with:
7-8 pieces of vegtable tempura,
salad,
6piece maki set (but most of the time works out to 8 very generous sized pieces; 4 salmon, 4 cucumber)
2 terriyaki chicken breasts, YES TWO
generous helping of rice
AND a bowl of greentea icecream.

your maki rolls can also be substituted for any others off the menu, with $2-$3 added to make up for the difference.

The chicken is done supurbly as it is 2 breasts, and it is almost charred on one side, making it cripsy and not burnt. BEST terriyaki i have had ever.

I have been to sushi inn and its OK....but the helpings aren't too great and my chicken was rubbery.

with yorkville sushi the quality is top-shelf & best of all, its yorkville's best kept secret, & THERE IS NO WAIT.

oh and all this is only $8.50. CND.

enjoy.
Banned
Jun 22, 2004
293 posts
trueno92 wrote:you must try YORKVILLE SUSHI next time.

the terriyaki bento box comes with:
7-8 pieces of vegtable tempura,
salad,
6piece maki set (but most of the time works out to 8 very generous sized pieces; 4 salmon, 4 cucumber)
2 terriyaki chicken breasts, YES TWO
generous helping of rice
AND a bowl of greentea icecream.

your maki rolls can also be substituted for any others off the menu, with $2-$3 added to make up for the difference.

The chicken is done supurbly as it is 2 breasts, and it is almost charred on one side, making it cripsy and not burnt. BEST terriyaki i have had ever.

I have been to sushi inn and its OK....but the helpings aren't too great and my chicken was rubbery.

with yorkville sushi the quality is top-shelf & best of all, its yorkville's best kept secret, & THERE IS NO WAIT.

oh and all this is only $8.50. CND.

enjoy.
but did they win 3rd place world wide for chicken teriyaki. There teriyaki rivals even the best teriyaki places in tokyo. That's how good sushi inn is. but don't take my word for it.

I bet this place taste worst than sushi inn that's why they give you so much for free. You know to make up for mediocre taste.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
cummer wrote:but did they win 3rd place world wide for chicken teriyaki. There teriyaki rivals even the best teriyaki places in tokyo. That's how good sushi inn is. but don't take my word for it.

I bet this place taste worst than sushi inn that's why they give you so much for free. You know to make up for mediocre taste.
I've had Sushi Inn's chicken teriyaki before and it tastes like any other chicken teriyaki.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Jun 22, 2004
293 posts
Degenerate wrote:I've had Sushi Inn's chicken teriyaki before and it tastes like any other chicken teriyaki.
maybe your palete isn't sophisticate enough. trust me you'll see the sign that says it was awarded 3rd place in the world teriyaki cook off championship i think in 2001.

You can taste the difference.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1964 posts
211 upvotes
No sit down mats or anything, but Lilys on the northwest side of Broadview and Danforth have delicious sushi and their prices are definitely not expensive.
Banned
Jan 12, 2004
1465 posts
2 upvotes
cummer wrote:maybe your palete isn't sophisticate enough. trust me you'll see the sign that says it was awarded 3rd place in the world teriyaki cook off championship i think in 2001.

You can taste the difference.
I have been to sushi inn before and hmm lets see.....

its service and food tasted JUST THE SAME as any other place i had been to.. and you think because they won some AWARD back in 2001 that is any accurate indication of DAY TO DAY CONSISTANCY?

EVEN if that award WASN'T MADE IN MY BASEMENT, they wouldn't be making teriyaki to the same "SOPHISTICATED" extent on a daily basis, especially with the lineups that they have there.

infact i wouldn't be surprised if they were in the back "bleaching" their chicken...

sushi inn, probably THE MOST overrated 'japanese-style' restaurant in all of toronto.