Cell Phones

Auto airplane mode

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2016 3:49 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7625 posts
5135 upvotes
Canada

Auto airplane mode

Is there a way to turn on airplane mode automatically on Android 5.1 at night? For example "turn on Airplane mode at 11pm and turn off at 7am everyday".
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1454 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
iHateShaw wrote: Is there a way to turn on airplane mode automatically on Android 5.1 at night? For example "turn on Airplane mode at 11pm and turn off at 7am everyday".
Yes if it is rooted. Just download pretty any profile manager (tasker, Llama or just search for profile manager in play store). Before 4.4 no root was needed.

That's actually one of the reasons I stick with KitKat.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
20420 posts
8457 upvotes
Toronto
Use llama, it does not require root access. I use it to do time and location based setting adjustments.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
3681 posts
2639 upvotes
Toronto
Tasker requires root access for certain functions. Toggling Airplane Mode will work without root access.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1700 posts
413 upvotes
What are you trying to achieve by turning on airplane mode during the night? Are you just trying to silence the phone or trying to save data? If you are just trying to silence there should be a do not disturb mode (in settings) which turns off the notifications/bells/whistles/etc. Also check out the battery tab in settings. Is there a sleep mode there? My HTC has that and it turns data off during specified times.

Note if you are at home (and you have wifi) your phone should automatically switch over to that so no cell data is used.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7625 posts
5135 upvotes
Canada
redkulat wrote: Toggling Airplane Mode will work without root access.
It doesn't in 5.1
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1454 posts
503 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: Use llama, it does not require root access. I use it to do time and location based setting adjustments.
redkulat wrote: Tasker requires root access for certain functions. Toggling Airplane Mode will work without root access.
Has nothing to do with the app. Starting from Lollipop, which is what OP has, Google moved airplane mode to protected setting. Any app try modifying that will require root.

Top