Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 9, 2005
7390 posts
291 upvotes
Scarborough

Auto Insurance Question

Getting a company vehicle and looking to convert my current personal vehicle and insurance to a casual driver. I am looking for quotes online and it seems as though none of them are giving the option of marking the car as casual/rarely used and I feel like the quotes aren't too different from what I'm paying now as a full-time/primary driver logging significantly more mileage.

What's the best way to approach this? Contact a broker? Call my current insurance company directly?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3991 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
dropping your annual mileage to 12-15K kms should be enough for a low mileage discount, no? thats the typical threshold for low mileage discounts though that will vary by insurance company

unless thats still not enough for your use
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41795 posts
30053 upvotes
Center of Universe
wesleyw wrote: Getting a company vehicle and looking to convert my current personal vehicle and insurance to a casual driver. I am looking for quotes online and it seems as though none of them are giving the option of marking the car as casual/rarely used and I feel like the quotes aren't too different from what I'm paying now as a full-time/primary driver logging significantly more mileage.

What's the best way to approach this? Contact a broker? Call my current insurance company directly?

Thanks
Just tell your current insurer it will no longer be driven daily for work and drop the yearly mileage to 10K or whatever the minimum is.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
9505 posts
1457 upvotes
Ontario
call your broker and advise of the changes you wish to make to your personal vehicle...
wesleyw wrote: Getting a company vehicle and looking to convert my current personal vehicle and insurance to a casual driver. I am looking for quotes online and it seems as though none of them are giving the option of marking the car as casual/rarely used and I feel like the quotes aren't too different from what I'm paying now as a full-time/primary driver logging significantly more mileage.

Thanks
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)