• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 5:21 am
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 22, 2005
457 posts
14 upvotes

Auto Lease Swap?

I am 9 months in a 39 month lease with car company A (Japanese) and am not really enjoying the car. In an ideal world, I want to go back to leasing with car company B (German) where I had my earlier car before this one.

Anyone deal with a similar scenario? I am planning to call the sales guy at car company B and ask him for what they can do (if anything) but figured I would ask here if anyone had any experience.

My monthly payments for the previous and new car are pretty much identical and I just thought I would try a different car since I liked the couple of test drives ... 🤷‍♂️

And yes, I will suck it up and deal with it if I have to but looking for ideas if any! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Thanks RFD
:twisted:
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5938 posts
4381 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
You might not be underwater by a lot. See how much the remaining payments plus residual is. Go to the German dealer and see what trade in they can do. If you're happy with the numbers, then go for it.
Dec 23, 2012
504 posts
499 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I used one of the (paid) lease transfer websites, you find an interested person (you can offer a cash incentive), fill our some forms, pay a fee and the lease is transferred. dunno if it's possible with any company, but it was with mine (GM).
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31896 posts
18890 upvotes
Toronto
Depreciation curve is fairly steep in the first 12 months, the moment you drove off the lot, you have already experience 15% depreciation rate (conservatively).

Yup. Leasebuster + throw up some incentive in hope you can move on.