• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2021 1:06 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2005
667 posts
176 upvotes

Auto Tinting Recommendations

Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I got my car tinted. I used to go to FX auto, just wondering if they are still good or if there are better places now?

Regards
T
22 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2587 posts
1492 upvotes
Ontario
tpirovol wrote: Hi Everyone,

Its been a long time since I got my car tinted. I used to go to FX auto, just wondering if they are still good or if there are better places now?

Regards
T
Where on this little planet earth are you located?
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7173 posts
9145 upvotes
The NORTH
IcarusLSC wrote: Where on this little planet earth are you located?
Im guessing Toronto, east end? Oshawa/Whitby?
[OP]
Mar 6, 2005
667 posts
176 upvotes
Yes to be specific Don Mills and Eglinton, in the end I am ok to go out a bit for someone that does a good job!
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14998 posts
11505 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Audio Heaven

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4484 posts
2966 upvotes
I feel tinted windows are over rated. it is not like anywhere in canada has sun like florida.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4736 upvotes
Ontario
cristianosham wrote: I feel tinted windows are over rated. it is not like anywhere in canada has sun like florida.
You obviously never had them. There's a huge benefit. Major one being that you skin and interior won't burn in direct sun. Once you had tinted windows there's no going back
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2954 posts
2368 upvotes
Markham
Andro wrote: You obviously never had them. There's a huge benefit. Major one being that you skin and interior won't burn in direct sun. Once you had tinted windows there's no going back
For me the unexpected bonus of doing the rear windshield was I'm significantly less bothered by morons leaving highbeams on at night.
Oct 25, 2013
49 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto, ON
+1 for Audio Heaven. I just have the front windows on my car tinted by them this month and looks great.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4484 posts
2966 upvotes
Andro wrote: You obviously never had them. There's a huge benefit. Major one being that you skin and interior won't burn in direct sun. Once you had tinted windows there's no going back
I had tinted windows and getting bothered by police was not fun.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13084 posts
4693 upvotes
Ontario
What % did you have? Must of been to dark if you were bothered by the police. 35% or higher & you won't have any issues with Cops.

i hear people having issues but its usually because they have 5% or 20% all around.
cristianosham wrote: I had tinted windows and getting bothered by police was not fun.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4484 posts
2966 upvotes
sickcars wrote: What % did you have? Must of been to dark if you were bothered by the police. 35% or higher & you won't have any issues with Cops.

i hear people having issues but its usually because they have 5% or 20% all around.
yeah it was 20% all around, can't stand the side view with two different shades, looks ghetto you know.
35% all around is too light for my tastes. Now just leave it factory pitch dark in the rears and no headaches.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19109 posts
18964 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Don Mills and Eg is east end??? I confused.
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10641 posts
4736 upvotes
Ontario
cristianosham wrote:
I had tinted windows and getting bothered by police was not fun.
cristianosham wrote: yeah it was 20% all around, can't stand the side view with two different shades, looks ghetto you know.
35% all around is too light for my tastes. Now just leave it factory pitch dark in the rears and no headaches.
Not sure if this was your car or your driving style, but I've never been even asked by police about my tint. 20% on at least 5 cars. Zero issues.

If you constantly have issues, get lighter tint, still way better than no tint.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
19109 posts
18964 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Andro wrote: Not sure if this was your car or your driving style, but I've never been even asked by police about my tint. 20% on at least 5 cars. Zero issues.

If you constantly have issues, get lighter tint, still way better than no tint.
Comes down to what kind of car. I had a 2002 Civic hatch lowered on rims with 35% tint and got pulled over for no reason. Prior to getting it tinted I never had any issue. My last car had limo tints and never got pulled over (soccer mom white BMW SUV).
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1134 posts
1144 upvotes
Toronto
I had 20% all around, xpel xr done at audio heaven

these guys did a pretty good job, and pricing seems to be similar at most shops now.. expect to pay $350 for passenger cars for ceramic.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2803 posts
2037 upvotes
Autolinks.
They do high end vehicles primarily. I can vouch for their work.
Smash that like button!
Nov 18, 2019
327 posts
141 upvotes
GTA
Autolinks and Auto heaven are good go-to's.