Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

AutoCAD 2017 Free Download Full Version

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2019 11:45 pm
10 replies
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes
This Student version has always been free. The Student version will include a print on the side of the drawings stating that it is not authorized for anything other than educational purposes. Despite this, it is still a great software to learn on!
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
BuciMaci wrote: This Student version has always been free. The Student version will include a print on the side of the drawings stating that it is not authorized for anything other than educational purposes. Despite this, it is still a great software to learn on!
Is there a free student version of Civil 3D too?
Aug 29, 2017
771 posts
3194 upvotes
r22yu wrote: Is there a free student version of Civil 3D too?
As far as I know, that has never been free - it is too specialized a subset of CAD, geared towards professional designers who usually have coin for it.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1898 posts
189 upvotes
So is this a full version for free, just that it'll say it's for educational purposes? I could say, use this for a home project, without the software telling me i need to pay for some upgrade?

If I design something can I save it and open with paid version of AutoCAD?
Items For Sale:
Jacket and Shoes
Trades
Oct 15, 2013
390 posts
429 upvotes
Questionz wrote: So is this a full version for free, just that it'll say it's for educational purposes? I could say, use this for a home project, without the software telling me i need to pay for some upgrade?

The drawing will remain watermarked.
Sep 5, 2005
282 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
There is a very simple work around to this.....

Ill let Google take care of this part.

I've had to use this procedure many times and it works.
-Ashraf
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
ashraf_nana wrote: There is a very simple work around to this.....

Ill let Google take care of this part.

I've had to use this procedure many times and it works.
for official work? hmmmm Face Screaming In Fear
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2603 posts
1850 upvotes
North Vancouver
Questionz wrote: So is this a full version for free, just that it'll say it's for educational purposes? I could say, use this for a home project, without the software telling me i need to pay for some upgrade?

Great question, I was wondering the same thing. According to this web site you can remove the plot stamp:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... ssues.html

AutoCAD 2015 (and newer) has been designed to remove the plot stamp altogether when a drawing is saved. Once a file is saved in 2015, it can be sent to users on earlier versions and the plot stamp will no longer be a part of the file. The DWGCONVERT command can be used to batch process re-saving multiple files.

With AutoCAD 2014 Service Pack 1, drawing files no longer show the educational plot stamp while plotting and no longer display the warning message when opened. However, the plot stamp is still in the file even though it does not show. The danger with this is that someone with AutoCAD 2014 SP1 could open a file and work on it without realizing it has the educational plot stamp. If that person then sends the file to someone without AutoCAD 2014 SP1, or who has an earlier version of AutoCAD, that person will see the warning and the plot stamp. AutoCAD 2014 SP1 will still propagate the plot stamp to other files.

DWG TrueView can also be used to remove the plot stamp. From within the program, select the DWG Convert tool. Select the files that need the plot stamp stripped and convert them to the current format. This will create a ZIP file with new versions of the drawings.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Nov 21, 2019
1 posts
Is this a full version for free, just that it'll say it's for educational purposes? I am an engineering student and badly need a free version of AutoCAD Portable 2017. I could say, use this for a home project, without the software telling me i need to pay for some upgrade? Please answer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)