• Sep 29th, 2020 11:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4465 posts
944 upvotes
Richmond Hill

Automatic medication dispenser for seniors

Can anyone recommend a good automatic medication dispenser for seniors?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1663 posts
1225 upvotes
GTA West
I didn't know these were available. I currently have to take up to 8 meds while recuperating from a medical procedure and while this is hardly a complex task, I find it easy to forget and miss one when I have a busy day. But I will stick with my dollar store manual dispenser for now.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13218 posts
6986 upvotes
Southern Ontario
enwhyRFD wrote: Can anyone recommend a good automatic medication dispenser for seniors?
Try searching “electronic dosette”, sorry I’m only familiar with user filled manual boxes, or blister packs prepared by the pharmacy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4465 posts
944 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dealmaker1945 wrote: I didn't know these were available. I currently have to take up to 8 meds while recuperating from a medical procedure and while this is hardly a complex task, I find it easy to forget and miss one when I have a busy day. But I will stick with my dollar store manual dispenser for now.
Yeah, kind of like
https://www.amazon.ca/LiveFine-Automati ... B00FL623G2
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4465 posts
944 upvotes
Richmond Hill
AncasterRFD wrote: Try searching “electronic dosette”, sorry I’m only familiar with user filled manual boxes, or blister packs prepared by the pharmacy.
Same, looking for something to provide remote dispensing to inlaws. Sometimes they forget, or mix up pills, even when we've already organized it into the manual pill boxes. Main issue is the forgetfulness.

Automatic dispensers have alarms. Fancy ones have notifications to alert caregivers when there was a miss and the caregiver (in our case us) can give them a call to remind them.