Automatic Speeding Ticket sucks...

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 6:11 pm
[OP]
Sep 11, 2018
11 posts
20 upvotes

Automatic Speeding Ticket sucks...

I'm just here to vent. I know I'm wrong! It just sucks to know that 44km is too fast in Toronto. And it's a $90 fine Crying Face

FYI, I don't remember the day but I probably didn't see a 30km sign and assumed it was 40km :facepalm:

https://imgur.com/a/lTtsS2Q
Last edited by andrewtj on Sep 10th, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
44 replies
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1657 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Did Toronto just dump the speed recently? Seems like there are lots of threads on this as of late?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17160 posts
19070 upvotes
Oakville
andrewtj wrote: I'm just here to vent. I know I'm wrong! It just sucks to know that 44km is too fast in Toronto. And it's a $90 fine Crying Face

FYI, I don't remember the day but I probably didn't see a 30km sign and assumed it was 40km :facepalm:

This is why I drive with Waze on, to alert me of speed changes, cameras, cops, etc and have it chime at me when going 20% over.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
May 7, 2015
431 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto, ON
andrewtj wrote: I'm just here to vent. I know I'm wrong! It just sucks to know that 44km is too fast in Toronto. And it's a $90 fine Crying Face

What do you mean your wrong
Temp. Banned
Jun 4, 2020
1634 posts
1657 upvotes
Clarington, ON
moeymoeymoeymoe wrote: What do you mean your wrong
I think the OP is admitting he was speeding and just expressing frustration. In contrast to others who are sure they were only doing 29 when the big bad camera caught them at 44 or such.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17160 posts
19070 upvotes
Oakville

I've attached your image for your properly.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14155 posts
9426 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Do the crime, pay the fine!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2437 posts
904 upvotes
Burnaby
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Do the crime, pay the fine!
If they made the rules consistent and the same across the country I wouldn't have a problem. I don't want to run over someone's kid, but at the same time some school districts have extended the hours of school zones (i.e. 7am - 10pm) and its impossible to know what days are school holidays now as there are almost as many professional days as actual school days; also some schools run through the summer and the school zone remains in effect
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
13208 posts
10089 upvotes
GTA, ON
amplified wrote: If they made the rules consistent and the same across the country I wouldn't have a problem. I don't want to run over someone's kid, but at the same time some school districts have extended the hours of school zones (i.e. 7am - 10pm) and its impossible to know what days are school holidays now as there are almost as many professional days as actual school days; also some schools run through the summer and the school zone remains in effect
York Region signs are up and there is no confusion:

MAX --
7am-5pm
Mon-Fri
Sept-June

If you feel you're not being informed, contact your city and demand that they put up proper signage into your city.
Tis banana is IRIE

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6816 posts
3800 upvotes
Mississauga
Schools zones around here along semi-busy roads have signs and bright flashing lights indicating when the speed limit is 40 km/h. If you miss those I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Nov 9, 2020
77 posts
47 upvotes
Some school and residential roads in Toronto have been knocked from 40 kmph to 30 kmph. Major roads like Ellesmere went from 60 to 50. Don’t be surprised if 50 kmph roads go down to 40 kmph. Scarborough is looking to do all of the aforementioned for its streets.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5094 posts
1999 upvotes

https://imgur.com/a/lTtsS2Q
Too bad so sad. I'm sure it was mentioned in 2019 ... as a driver you should be aware of your surroundings.

https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/10/str ... s-lowered/
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
May 23, 2008
996 posts
644 upvotes
Gtown ON
Toronto is an anti-car city.
Like 30 vs. 40 is going to make a difference if the driver is an idiot and is not paying attention to the road and hits a kid. This is just a cash grab.
So I try to stay away as much as possible :) :)
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2864 posts
1404 upvotes
Calgary
amplified wrote: If they made the rules consistent and the same across the country I wouldn't have a problem. I don't want to run over someone's kid, but at the same time some school districts have extended the hours of school zones (i.e. 7am - 10pm) and its impossible to know what days are school holidays now as there are almost as many professional days as actual school days; also some schools run through the summer and the school zone remains in effect
This is the exact reason why in Calgary all school zones have been now converted to playground zones and the 30k limit is in place all the time until 9pm. Still I'd say about 1/3 of people don't really care about it or simply don't pay attention to the signs and don't slow down.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17160 posts
19070 upvotes
Oakville
RaidZero wrote: Toronto is an anti-car city.
Like 30 vs. 40 is going to make a difference if the driver is an idiot and is not paying attention to the road and hits a kid. This is just a cash grab.
Mission accomplished then.
May 23, 2008
996 posts
644 upvotes
Gtown ON
engineered wrote: Mission accomplished then.
Yes, I am sure that's what they want. Except my money is not going to be spent at stores or restaurants or attractions in Toronto. Well, whenever they would reopen again.
Aug 20, 2021
49 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
It funny you mention that Toronto is anti-car, because I am always reading these left wing articles which accuse Toronto and the rest of North american cities as being too car friendly at the expense of pedestrians and cyclists. These articles are talking about making some major streets in Toronto and maybe other cities to be blocked off so no car can drive on them, only pedestrians and bicycles.
May 23, 2008
996 posts
644 upvotes
Gtown ON
ElBorak wrote: It funny you mention that Toronto is anti-car, because I am always reading these left wing articles which accuse Toronto and the rest of North american cities as being too car friendly at the expense of pedestrians and cyclists. These articles are talking about making some major streets in Toronto and maybe other cities to be blocked off so no car can drive on them, only pedestrians and bicycles.
Yeah, MSM as usual has no idea what they are talking about. They look at European cities and they say "wow, look, they can live with 30 cars per 100 people, and Toronto has 50, boo Toronto" (numbers are made up, just a comparison). But they don't look at the actual public transit in those cities vs. Toronto. Which has, for example, what would pass as a minor subway system in Europe, for a city of that size.

I would leave my car at home and jump on a subway or a train or something, I don't need to drive to work every day, except:
1. there is no subway around
2. riding the bus would take about 4 times as much and
3. public transit is more expensive than gas - the car is a sunken cost already, all it costs me to drive it is gas

Toronto wants only bikes and pedestrians, I say, let them have it, I am sure they won't miss me, as I don't miss it. I have nothing against the people of Toronto (I mean the city, I live in the GTA), but the politicians they elect...
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
4756 posts
2250 upvotes
It is not only Toronto. The whole province, and this side of Canada, are definitely not among car enthusiasts.

To be fair, the "Era of Driving" has ended. Car culture is in decline everywhere.

We still have cars, and will have them for a long time, but people have no interest in driving them.

Automatic cars with no steering wheels, and no pedals. That's the future.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
17160 posts
19070 upvotes
Oakville
motomondo wrote: It is not only Toronto. The whole province, and this side of Canada, are definitely not among car enthusiasts.

To be fair, the "Era of Driving" has ended. Car culture is in decline everywhere.

We still have cars, and will have them for a long time, but people have no interest in driving them.

Automatic cars with no steering wheels, and no pedals. That's the future.
Saying the era of driving is over is pretty dramatic. We are living in the golden age. We have 300hp minivans, 9 second 1/4 mile stock cars, crazy HP cars like Hellcats. Imagine having a 7L V8 with 200hp 30-40 years ago. That sucked.
I can still take my car my car to work and take it to the track on the weekends.

Saying Toronto hates cars is a bit of a joke. It's still faster/cheaper to drive downtown for a night out than use transit, probably always will be. I wish there was good transit though, then no need for DD or Uber.