Price:
$364
Savings:
15%
Expiry:
October 26, 2019
Retailer:
Autonomous
Looks like all time low for Canadian website, ends today.
Been looking at this chair for few months now, and it was always $499cad.
For some reason it's $429 now, plus 15% off = $364

30 replies
Apr 25, 2010
228 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had the Ergo 2 for several months before it started to fall apart. Their stuff is poorly made.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22215 posts
167571 upvotes
GTA
I guess Staples Hyken FTW...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2128 posts
497 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Drethis wrote: Had the Ergo 2 for several months before it started to fall apart. Their stuff is poorly made.
Read quite a bit of reviews over the months, youtube and reddit, and all seem to be happy, and state customer support is great.

Im on my 3rd staples faux leather chair over past 8 years, every 2-3 years I have to buy new one as seat flattens and faux leather just starts peeling from chair, its usually around $150 every time.

What issues did you end up getting ? Did they solve it for you ?
Apr 25, 2010
228 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto, ON
toyopl wrote:
Read quite a bit of reviews over the months, youtube and reddit, and all seem to be happy, and state customer support is great.

Im on my 3rd staples faux leather chair over past 8 years, every 2-3 years I have to buy new one as seat flattens and faux leather just starts peeling from chair, its usually around $150 every time.

What issues did you end up getting ? Did they solve it for you ?
The arms start to wear out and wobble. You can't really tighten it either since the threads end up wearing too. After some time the base cushion gets uneven and lumpy.

Mind you, I'm 6 feet tall, and weigh 190lbs. I've been using the chair everyday for work, but I've had cheaper chairs that have lasted longer.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20127 posts
7433 upvotes
Socially Distanced
When i saw anonymous i thought motors and self propelled :D
toyopl wrote: Im on my 3rd staples faux leather chair over past 8 years, every 2-3 years I have to buy new one as seat flattens and faux leather just starts peeling from chair, its usually around $150 every time.
I found the fabric Ikea Markus chair lasted 6 years before it started tearing. With heavy use.
Just got a new one
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Oct 14, 2009
719 posts
262 upvotes
Windsor, Ont.
toyopl wrote: Im on my 3rd staples faux leather chair over past 8 years, every 2-3 years I have to buy new one as seat flattens and faux leather just starts peeling from chair, its usually around $150 every time.
Yeah, I wish I would have known that before I got this LaZBoy. It's more duct tape than faux leather now.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1050 posts
155 upvotes
Thanks OP. I’ve been eyeing this chair. I’ll give it a try with it’s 15 day trial policy.
Oct 29, 2016
128 posts
146 upvotes
Markham, ON
Never heard of it before. I ordered one after taking a look at some mixed reviews. I’ll take the risk. Unfortunately ships end November.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2128 posts
497 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Bought one too, will give it a try.
Will also grab a set of roller wheel replacements from amazon.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2737 posts
316 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: Thanks OP. I’ve been eyeing this chair. I’ll give it a try with it’s 15 day trial policy.
I think it says it only applies to contiguous 48 US states.
BlackJays wrote: shame has been acheived
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1050 posts
155 upvotes
navyseals wrote: I think it says it only applies to contiguous 48 US states.
It's 30 days for the US and 15 days for Canada. At least according to their Facebook messenger .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5379 posts
2426 upvotes
Ancaster
Quentin5 wrote: When i saw anonymous i thought motors and self propelled :D

I found the fabric Ikea Markus chair lasted 6 years before it started tearing. With heavy use.
Just got a new one
I am on year 5 of my Markus and it still looks nearly pristine (a few scratches on the arm rests).
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2737 posts
316 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: It's 30 days for the US and 15 days for Canada. At least according to their Facebook messenger .
Okay that's good to know. I couldn't find the Canada part in the fine print of their official website.
BlackJays wrote: shame has been acheived
Sep 20, 2019
21 posts
14 upvotes
I liked the IKEA Markus, just hated the arm rests (didn't go high enough for my liking) so I went back to my Maxnomic
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2128 posts
497 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Got it delivered today, wow, that's a lot of settings you can run through to get it to your liking.

It feels really strange to sit up straight, after years of slacking in generic chairs.
Will need to get used to it, but I know my back will thank me for it.

Watched a lot of reviews bashing arm rest, I thought it was hard plastic, but it's actually really dense rubber like surface.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1050 posts
155 upvotes
I'm glad you like it! Mine's due to come on Friday so I can take the weekend to tinker with it.