Hot Deals

[Autonomous] Autonomous fathers-day sale: save up to $40% CAD$559->CAD$332, CAD$1158->CAD$776, no S/H.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2021 12:00 pm
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
100 posts
15 upvotes

Autonomous fathers-day sale: save up to $40% CAD$559->CAD$332, CAD$1158->CAD$776, no S/H.

Deal Link:
Savings:
save up to
Expiry:
June 20, 2021
Retailer:
Autonomous
ErgoChair Pro - Red: CAD$443
ErgoChair Pro - Blue: CAD$443
ErgoChair Pro - Green: CAD$332
ErgoChair Pro + SmartDesk Core (All White) CAD$776 or CAD$887, based on chair's color
Last edited by philipxue on Jun 9th, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
52 replies
Apr 12, 2013
188 posts
86 upvotes
I'm getting sales tax, missing something ?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3396 posts
409 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Looks like only the green chair could be called a deal. Gotta factor tax in.
Apr 10, 2013
85 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
How does the ErgoChair Pro compare to Secretlab Omega?

Is the Pro more comfortable than the Core?
Apr 27, 2017
263 posts
238 upvotes
ahhhh i just bought a $200 from amazon...i was looking at these ones originally but so expensive

tempting =X
Dec 10, 2010
321 posts
251 upvotes
SeaQuake wrote: I'm getting sales tax, missing something ?
Is there some no tax code OP??
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2089 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
zipobob wrote: How does the ErgoChair Pro compare to Secretlab Omega?

Is the Pro more comfortable than the Core?
if you scroll down here https://www.autonomous.ai/en-CA/office-chairs you'll see a comparison. I doubt many of us had a chance to test both to say if the Pro is comfier than Core, but it does look like (considering how you can adjust more things)
Hard to compare with Omega, or any of those "gaming chairs" - office/task chairs are meant to keep your body in a "healthy' position, not necessarily comfy. Think like how a firmer mattress is probably better for your back, but a soft one would be comfier.

On a side note, I have the Pro+ (used to be Kinn) - it's good, but the arms are kinda flimsy comparing to my old Steelcase Leap V1, it's day and night (but the Leap is a tank, so maybe unfair comparison); but I like it better on seat and back tho (not as good as a HM Mira I had at the office which is somewhat similar)
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
[OP]
Jun 3, 2004
100 posts
15 upvotes
tianos wrote: Is there some no tax code OP??
my bad, it has tax once entered the detailed address. title updated.
Jan 23, 2010
201 posts
76 upvotes
Variability wrote: Steelcase better than these?
Not even in the same league. Autonomous doesn't manufacture their chairs. Lots of poor reviews online. You can buy the chairs on Aliexpress. Autonomous just spends a lot on marketing.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5556 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster
pyr0sphere wrote: Not even in the same league. Autonomous doesn't manufacture their chairs. Lots of poor reviews online. You can buy the chairs on Aliexpress. Autonomous just spends a lot on marketing.
Yep. I tried the Kinn--terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5556 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster
neonic wrote: if you scroll down here https://www.autonomous.ai/en-CA/office-chairs you'll see a comparison. I doubt many of us had a chance to test both to say if the Pro is comfier than Core, but it does look like (considering how you can adjust more things)
Hard to compare with Omega, or any of those "gaming chairs" - office/task chairs are meant to keep your body in a "healthy' position, not necessarily comfy. Think like how a firmer mattress is probably better for your back, but a soft one would be comfier.

On a side note, I have the Pro+ (used to be Kinn) - it's good, but the arms are kinda flimsy comparing to my old Steelcase Leap V1, it's day and night (but the Leap is a tank, so maybe unfair comparison); but I like it better on seat and back tho (not as good as a HM Mira I had at the office which is somewhat similar)
Did you buy a padded Kinn? I tried the naked TPE and thought it was terrible. It made my butt go numb and it had a hard bar that dug into the back of my thighs. Terrible chair.
Nov 8, 2005
575 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Can't believe someone would still consider their products....umm.

As the other guy mentioned, they just spend a lot on marketing to do some sorta promo and ads flooding your social media. I wouldn't spend a dime on their stuff. Go look elsewhere if you're after quality products.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2089 posts
1885 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: Did you buy a padded Kinn? I tried the naked TPE and thought it was terrible. It made my butt go numb and it had a hard bar that dug into the back of my thighs. Terrible chair.
nope, naked TPE. For me it works nicely. Again not as nice as HM Mirra 2, but the firmness (in both) it's something I like.
Variability wrote: Steelcase better than these?
Yeah a lot. a whole lot.
pyr0sphere wrote: Not even in the same league. Autonomous doesn't manufacture their chairs. Lots of poor reviews online. You can buy the chairs on Aliexpress. Autonomous just spends a lot on marketing.
To be fair - most of stuff are "designed" by some brand and built by some factory in China.

Steelcase and HM are different, but that obviously have a price tag on it -

At the current prices autonomous is a joke, but I paid less than 900 for my Standing Desk Pro + Kinn last year, which is cheaper than a Steelcase/HM brand new alone. Yeah yeah we can get them used, and I did. I had a Leap before, it didn't have any cushion anymore, lumbar support wasn't that great

edit: just to clarify - I'm not vouching for autonomous, or anything, But at the right price point I think it's a decent option. It's hard to find something decent under $400 or so; Can't compare to higher-end chairs, obviously.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 22, 2018
1 posts
4 upvotes
Sitting in an ErgoChair2 right now... I regret the purchase.

Ordered July 2020. Had a good amount of pilling 6-8 months in (not covered). It's all plastic sliders so they often squeak and rattle as they move. And the cushion is definitely not as comfortable as the day I got it.

If I could do it again, I'd get in on one of those Herman Miller deals I saw here. Definitely more expensive, but worth it for something I use every day. As it is I paid $450 for something that didn't last a year that I'll now have to sell for much less than I paid. Their SmartDesk 2 Premium, by contrast, has been great.

Anyway, I hope this helps others make an informed decision.
Jan 1, 2010
515 posts
63 upvotes
Quebec
add Coupon ERGO9OFF for an added discount

chair came in at 318$ tax in with coupon
Dec 10, 2010
321 posts
251 upvotes
spikeone wrote: add Coupon ERGO9OFF for an added discount

chair came in at 318$ tax in with coupon
Asks for an email to make it work?
Jan 1, 2010
515 posts
63 upvotes
Quebec
tianos wrote: Asks for an email to make it work?
all I did was add it at checkout, no emails needed as far as I know
Oct 17, 2017
10 posts
6 upvotes
My 2¢ on the chair.

I am trying the Ergo Chair Pro and I am not fully happy with it but it is kind of nice, maybe just not for me. It seems to want to keep pushing me forward, there is no seat tilt adjustment and if I could tilt the seat back a bit to even level then I think this might be an alright chair as all the adjustments tilt backwards but the seat level can only be one level which is tilted a touch forward. For me it's a bit hard to justify the price for me, even if it is a budget orientated ergonomic chair, there are a lot of adjustments you can do so maybe I am missing some secret configuration. I am trying this chair coming from the Secret Lab Omega, both are heavily advertised chairs. The Ergo is a bit firmer and more adjustable especially for the lumbar and except for adjustment for the seat tilt, which the Omega has. The Omega overall is comfier and I think I prefer it, the overall build quality does seem better on the Secret lab, the Ergo is mainly plastic and I have already noticed the headrest adjustment starting to degrade. I would not recommend the Secret lab Omega though as I really didn't like having to rely on a pillow for lumbar support so maybe think about going to the titan if you want Secret Lab, the adjustable lumbar of the Ergo chair is sort of nice, definitely adjustable. I do like the mesh back of the Ergo compared to the leather of the Secret lab I tried. I used both for about a year and I would say the Secret lab felt more like it did in the first month a year in than the Ergo chair, the Ergo chair has loosened up a bit all over and has side to side wobble, but once you are sitting still you don't notice it. I am about 5'11 170lbs for reference. Also some people have noted the arm rests on the Ergo chair were a bit firm but either they softened up or I got used to them as I don't notice them any more, it still would be nice if they locked though as sometimes they slide out of position.