Average number of showings

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2021 10:05 am
Tags:
Jan 22, 2012
654 posts
276 upvotes
Bradford
I think there is a bit of buyer fatigue happening. You can only lose so many times before you need a break.

Could also be increased listings. I know when people saw what homes were selling for in my area everyone jumped on the “sell wagon”
Jul 18, 2020
10 posts
9 upvotes
Listed our house in Barrie on the Friday of Thanksgiving 2020.

We had 78 showings by Monday 9pm and 16 offers on the Tuesday when we were accepting them.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Topher86 wrote: I think there is a bit of buyer fatigue happening. You can only lose so many times before you need a break.

Could also be increased listings. I know when people saw what homes were selling for in my area everyone jumped on the “sell wagon”
This pretty much it. I don't think the rate hike is really slowing things down since it's still cheaper than a year ago. People are getting excited and more listing coming on. We are going to experience a small slowdown until April and then it'll pick back up again closer to summer time. If the government don't intervene, it's going to be nuts in summer.
Jan 22, 2012
654 posts
276 upvotes
Bradford
SlipperyVic wrote: Listed our house in Barrie on the Friday of Thanksgiving 2020.

We had 78 showings by Monday 9pm and 16 offers on the Tuesday when we were accepting them.
Ah Barrie... should have waited until February
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6023 posts
1869 upvotes
nhr594 wrote: Hi,
Wondering what would be average number of showings expected in GTA area for semi detached house in range of 1-1.1 mill.
Really depends on the area but in the GTA west end (mississauga) my neighbors house went up for sale a couple months ago and I swear on the first day that sign went in the ground at least 50 people went through the home. The entire street was lined with cars and people lined up on the sidewalk to go in
Jul 18, 2020
10 posts
9 upvotes
Topher86 wrote: Ah Barrie... should have waited until February
Could have, should have.

I'm very content with what we got for our house and what we purchased our new property for. I also stay off of MLS these days on purpose.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3835 posts
7790 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Things are changing pretty quickly right now, March is nothing like Feb.
RE Broker
Jul 10, 2020
165 posts
207 upvotes
RichmondCA wrote: Things are changing pretty quickly right now, March is nothing like Feb.
Changing how? From what I see on House Sigma, there are maybe 4 times more daily listings then houses sold
RFD is hurting my wallet, too many good deals *link removed - advertising is not permitted*
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3835 posts
7790 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Expectations/Psychology of both buyers and sellers.
RE Broker
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
3063 posts
4997 upvotes
Toronto
I'm seeing a bunch of places that start off with a listing price clearly to attract a bidding war, a week passes, price gets bumped up a few hundred grand (closer to their actual expectations), sits a little bit more, then gets terminated.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
3835 posts
7790 upvotes
Toronto/Markham
Typically those were the people I was referring to back in January as the ones that will come out, test the waters and then terminate. A lot of listings aren't serious unless they walk away like bandits.
RE Broker
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1803 posts
1303 upvotes
Toronto
North of Ajax is being VERY quiet in the last 2 weeks.
Way more houses for sell and they are not getting any offers, hell not even showings!!

Two houses got an offer and the buyers backed out in the last minute also couple houses with the "coming soon" sign decided to postpone and took the sign off.
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
320 posts
257 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: I'm seeing a bunch of places that start off with a listing price clearly to attract a bidding war, a week passes, price gets bumped up a few hundred grand (closer to their actual expectations), sits a little bit more, then gets terminated.
Unsurprising, really. They don't get the bidding war they want, so they up it to the price they want, and can't get that either.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)