• Nov 2nd, 2020 2:57 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1842 posts
503 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA

Average roofing cost

For a detached double car garage, my garage is done roofing in 2014 but seems one side need replace, the other side is perfect.
Is 2000for this little double car garage OK? Seems quite more than before, I have seen like 3000$for entire house.
Images
  • IMG_20201101_103409.jpg
<No political content in signatures>
5 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1842 posts
503 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Another thing why the south facing shingle get all beat up and the north part are all OK. Anything we can do to improve the south part to make it last longer.
<No political content in signatures>
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8772 posts
1696 upvotes
The lighter the shade of shingles, the longer the roof will last. Black is the worst color you could get because it absorbs the suns rays very well.

Get shingle something like this.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12064 posts
448 upvotes
South, sun, heat, black shingles. Enough said. A lighter colour will help, but the south side will almost always age a little less gracefully.

Shingles are priced out per sq ft, but there's a minimum cost required to make the sale, get the crew out, set the equipment up, etc. So small jobs cost far more per sqft than large ones.

This one looks like a DIY to me, personally...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1653 posts
742 upvotes
GTA
Is it a shared roof with the other garage? Best to speak to your neighbour to get the whole roof done at the same time. Having seams in the middle of it is a bad idea. It was done in 2014? What kind of shingles were used? Even the crappiest type of shingles should last more than 5 years.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10251 posts
5471 upvotes
Paris
napoleonbot wrote: For a detached double car garage, my garage is done roofing in 2014 but seems one side need replace, the other side is perfect.
Is 2000for this little double car garage OK? Seems quite more than before, I have seen like 3000$for entire house.
My house was $5k 5 years ago. I would expect to pay more for a smaller job.

The sun always bakes the South side first in Canada. That window shows a lot of UV damage as well, considering the taped on divisions have half fallen off.