Expired Hot Deals

Avis rent a car

Costco travels: Avis Car rental $15.83 for the weekend at yyz tax in with unlimited km

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 12:41 pm
[OP]
Jan 18, 2017
1 posts

Costco travels: Avis Car rental $15.83 for the weekend at yyz tax in with unlimited km

Deal Link:
Price:
$15.83
Expiry:
January 23, 2017
Retailer:
Avis rent a car
I just saw an insane deal on Costco travel at Avis rent a car at the paearaon airport for this weekend fronm Friday to Monday for $15.83 taxes in for a mid size car with unlimited km. But make sure return the car by noon or earlier on Monday. Can't go wrong for $5/day
Images
  • IMG_5221.PNG
8 replies
Oct 27, 2009
10 posts
1 upvote
brampton
I was about to go for the deal but you have too reside in the USA. To bad so sad!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1418 posts
1123 upvotes
tinman52 wrote: I was about to go for the deal but you have too reside in the USA. To bad so sad!
Not really. I book on costcotravel all the time.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
1418 posts
1123 upvotes
Costcotravel.com always gives me the best rates for car rentals. I never go to any other rental website now.

My best rates with them so far have been:

Weekend of 13th to 15th Jan (48 hour rental) for $15.53 for a full size rental (even got upgraded to Tucson) at YYZ. Rate after all fees and taxes. Insurance through my credit card obviously.

Last year, full size weekend rental (Friday evening to Sunday evening) at YVR for $10. Yes. $10. Again, final bill after taxes.
Nov 19, 2012
470 posts
306 upvotes
How strict are they on the US residency? I plan on renting through Costcotravel in Florida but don't want any unpleasant surprises when I get there.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2014
1013 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any special instructions? From Avis or Costco Travel? I can't find this price
Aug 8, 2007
608 posts
447 upvotes
EZSAVE wrote: Any special instructions? From Avis or Costco Travel? I can't find this price
I just checked Costco.com travel (not Avis), still there but the deal is for this week-end and it is now Saturday so only 2 days left. Rate is now $11.58 for two days. I have seen this rate at Pearson before on week-ends in the off season up to say May or early June. I too always use Costco to book - it includes an extra driver/spouse in the rate which is a plus as well compared to some other rates. I used to book at other sites like rental car momma using coupons/codes from mousesavers.com and while there could be some really great deals doing it that way it took way too much effort vs. Costco.com and was rarely worth the huge effort. I have never had any problems with using Costco.com as a Canadian but did encounter one rental in Las Vegas where they made me take my card out and clearly display it on the counter so that it was captured by the overhead cameras and the agent loudly announced my use of the card so that this too was recorded - never knew that car rental places did that type of surveillance!
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10980 posts
4229 upvotes
tddoucette wrote: How strict are they on the US residency? I plan on renting through Costcotravel in Florida but don't want any unpleasant surprises when I get there.
Is US residency a new thing with them? I have rented in Canada with costcotravel.com to drive to Florida and also to Cleveland from Ajax.
Also rented a car in Florida and LA.

If you are not buying separate insurance, remember to use your CC, that has rental coverage, to rent.
I had $1500 damage (ice from a transport, 25 kms from home on the way back) which the CC insurance covered.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)