Shopping Discussion

Avoid Instacart - Lots of scammers and no support

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2020 1:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3298 upvotes
bylo wrote: Judging by the comments upthread about only getting half the items ordered or getting more expensive substitutions, it's also possible that people are reversing tips because they're not pleased with the service they got.

N.B. I doubt it's either/or. It's probably some combination of the two.
No toilet paper anywhere but they are able to order it through the app and then the Instacart shopper is punished for bringing reality home. If you don't get items or have to get a sub because there is no supply, it's not he shopper's fault. I don't think that is a legitimate reason for withholding a tip.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21028 posts
14967 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lecale wrote: I don't think that is a legitimate reason for withholding a tip.
I didn't say it was a legitimate reason. I only suggested that some may use it to rationalize a reduction in tip. Just like some people will use any excuse to justify leaving a small tip or no tip at all.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4129 posts
750 upvotes
Richmond
lecale wrote: No toilet paper anywhere but they are able to order it through the app and then the Instacart shopper is punished for bringing reality home. If you don't get items or have to get a sub because there is no supply, it's not he shopper's fault. I don't think that is a legitimate reason for withholding a tip.
They want a crapton of tp and the shopper is only able to get one package for them.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2008
1505 posts
777 upvotes
Toronto
My order was just cancelled last minute. Hope they don't charge me for it.
Aug 22, 2016
362 posts
200 upvotes
out of available options out there for same day delivery, instacart performs the best and pricing is very reasonable. I tried them twice, the first order was super success and the second was never shopped and I did not had any option to cancel the order for refund. I had to try few times by reaching out to instacart support - finally decided to schedule a call with them by using the schedule call feature they had. They called me and I explained the issue and they cancelled the order.
I would try them again on a day I really need stuff on the same day.
Oct 12, 2004
500 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
had a good experience with instacart last week for T&T... the shopper was very communicative and managed to find most of the things i wanted, and he also made appropriate substitutions. when he wasn't sure, he would message me with the options (and sometimes photos). everything was done through the app.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44549 posts
5114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The amount of new shoppers and increase in demand is probably putting a toll on their QoS. I've used them a couple times in the past when they had their promos and each experience was stellar.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1654 posts
302 upvotes
I’ve had 12 Instacart deliveries now and Ive been happy with it. Expensive because I feel like I should tip well.. but generally it’s pretty good. Looking into an LCBO delivery now .. any suggestions? I’m in Kitchener.
Nov 18, 2011
233 posts
60 upvotes
EDMONTON
jarko wrote: I know a lot of people are desperate but I got scammed 2 days ago and had my groceries stolen and was charged the full amount including delivery and service fees. The driver kept making everything out of stock up until the end where he took an item and I got charged $20+. He immediately posted that the order was delivered but he never came.
Instacart support is virtually non existent, I submitted a ticket, emailed them, tried the chat support etc but there is no contact. Avoid and Stay safe everyone.
I can't even reach TD bank for 3 weeks now for a different matter so I haven't even tried calling them yet. I took screenshots and guess I have to wait to resolve this. If anyone has any tips let me know.
Regarding TD not sure where you are located. But there are some open if you're able to go first thing when they open. They'll give seniors priority if you are still lining up . If you still have your td card available call in I was able to get a hold of someone when I called in two seperate time one being about a week and a half ago it took about 20-30 min waiting. Both times I called around noon.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15035 posts
12134 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Oscar11 wrote: I’ve had 12 Instacart deliveries now and Ive been happy with it. Expensive because I feel like I should tip well.. but generally it’s pretty good. Looking into an LCBO delivery now .. any suggestions? I’m in Kitchener.
InstaCart has an Alcohol Delivery Service too listed on their website
But maybe not in Canada

If you GOOGLE - Booze Delivery Kitchener

You should find some of the services that do these types of runs ... Booze, Beer, Cigarettes, Mix & Snacks

There are definitely some bigger Regional & National Delivery Chains
And prob a few locals too

One in our area is a flat fee of < $ 10
So not expensive at all