[OP]
Banned
Nov 24, 2013
4 posts
32 upvotes
Milton

Avoid TEAM HONDA MILTON *pics and story*

Hello,

I would like to share my downright horrible experience at TEAM HONDA MILTON that occurred this past summer. Initially I was not going to post any reviews or negativity based on what happened because people make mistakes, solutions are eventually presented and everyone should hopefully learn from it. Things have changed now that I saw a note on my file to "BE CAREFULL WITH CUSTOMER !!!" as a warning to everyone and anyone when I bring my two cars in for service (and three previous cars over the years). If they want to degrade me for their mistake and my perseverance to get them to rectify it then I have no choice but to put up my own warning to everyone out there to avoid TEAM HONDA MILTON. This will be long-winded so I apologize in advance.
The originating concern at roughly 5000km was the driver seat cushion having a slight ripple near the seat belt area. It was minor but enough of a concern to bring it up to a service advisor when I was getting an oil change. He agreed and pictures were taken and an approval from Honda was given to fix the issue. The first time the seat was brought in for service was to replace the seat cover. When I received the car that evening I couldn't believe my eyes. The entire cover was fitting like a garbage bag over the cushion and was obviously loose, saggy and no were near repaired- and MUCH worse condition prior to replacement. Please see the attached photos of how I received the car. I also had an issue with the passenger side window chattering which was addressed at the same time and the car was returned to me with the panel still separated from the door, grease finger prints and the same chatter still persisting.
https://ibb.co/G7Qtn6J
https://ibb.co/LNmyQbp
https://ibb.co/YZqgDGX
https://ibb.co/pJbBrsv
https://ibb.co/3dBTvYZ
For obvious reasons, I refused to take the car and was given a loaner for the night and was to speak with the Service Manager Dan Golightly in the morning. When I got in contact with him he was short tempered, dismissive and argumentative saying that is all that can be done, That there is no issue and nothing else will be done. Period. He wouldn't even let me get a sentence in without cutting me off. I said I wanted it rectified and all he kept repeating is to return the loaner by lunch, threatening me over the phone that he would call the police and report it stolen if I didn't. Atrocious.
This issue was escalated to the Operations Manager Mike Vite. Progress was made. He initially reiterated with the service manager said, until he decided to physically go take a look at it himself. He then agreed something as wrong but believed the seat cover would "shrink" in the summer heat and fit properly and if not he would replace it again AND the foam seat cushion in 3 months if it did not shrink. I got this in writing and waited. I knew the waiting game would not fix the problem but at least I had something in writing.
The vehicle was then brought in a second time to have repairs made as per the email from Mike Vite promising a seat cushion AND cover replacement. When I spoke to the service advisor prior to picking up the car as to what was replaced he said " Just the seat cover, the cushion was inspected and looked fine". This is further confirmed in the work order saying "USE ONLY IF NEEDED!" under the cushion part number, and the notes specifies that only the lower seat cover was replaced. If the parts were special ordered and on hand for the job, and the email from Mike promised replacement of both said items why where they not used? Of course the car was returned with the SAME ISSUE , see below.
https://ibb.co/yyFPVg7
The final solution was they took out the entire seat and replaced it with a new one from the floor ( my accord only had 5000km on it ) after I escalated the problem to the owner of the dealership. I was happy the situation was over and I could put it behind me and went in to thank the owner personally. I continued to bring my cars in for servicing even after all of this. Not anymore. TEAM HONDA MILTON does not have any integrity and views me as an issue that a warning needs to be on my file. I should have known there was animosity still the service manger to this day still wont even acknowledge my existence when I come in. He will make it very obvious that he sees me but wont say a word.
80 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1316 posts
906 upvotes
Etobicoke
6 years...2 posts, not sure if I want to take this post seriously .
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6236 posts
1879 upvotes
So you're happy with the outcome but when you saw "BE CAREFULL WITH CUSTOMER !!!" on your file you decided to out them?
Oct 15, 2005
194 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Nice Accord 6MT.
1.5T or 2.0T?

I have taken a car there for warranty work, the tech got the interior dirty and didn`t wipe it down, I told the SA and they offered to clean it and gave me a free oil change.
I also think one time they overfilled my car with oil, not significantly but it was over the full mark on the dipstick.

Overall I would go again.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13777 posts
8821 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
becareful with customer!!
xxxray wrote: 6 years...2 posts, not sure if I want to take this post seriously .

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Banned
Nov 24, 2013
4 posts
32 upvotes
Milton
Its an alt account, I couldn't create a new one with my email because I guess I had already created one in 2013.

Being dragged through the mud to get to the destination isn't the right way of doing things. It was push back at every single step for months on end until it was rectified. No one should have to go through what I went through after their car was essentially sabotaged. Like I said, I initially didn't want to post anything because a "resolution" was eventually reached because I wouldn't drop it. They were zero help. Then to insult me like that on the file as if I am the one that is unreasonable is just wrong. People should be aware of this experience and we all work together when things like this arise so the next guy does not have to deal with any headaches.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1431 posts
187 upvotes
But why do you need an alt account to create this? Btw thats against the rules.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2784 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
Guys come on the OP has a point they left his car seat looking like garbage I'd be pissed as well if it took me months to get a resolution and they fought it every step of the way. Not to mention the operations manager promised something that wasn't delivered, it shouldn't take escalation up to an owner level to rectify a seemingly simple issue.

While it was finally taken care of I'd be pretty upset to find a similar note on my file as well, fighting for what should have been done in the first place shouldn't label someone as difficult, especially since the repair was approved and covered by Honda Canada.

To the OP reach out to the owner again, let him know they've lost your business over such a stupid thing. I'm sure seeing as they sided with you they'll take notice of this issue in future instances.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1367 upvotes
Hondas just aint built like they used to be. 7th Gen Accord seems to be the peak of Honda quality...
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13777 posts
8821 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Remember to record the whole thing on camera if you can......

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4492 posts
1172 upvotes
Took my car in for oil change there . The service adviser told me I needed a b service or the like . I told him is there any work done on the car for the service beside inspect . He said no but the dealer would go to bat for me if warranty was needed . I declined the service and never went back there . I hate when dealers try to up sell .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Penalty Box
Jul 14, 2014
1365 posts
347 upvotes
Life isn't perfect. Most people go with the flow. I would just ban you as customer
Nov 6, 2013
637 posts
403 upvotes
Imagine being this mad over a little bit of ruffle in the leather. Your second picture of their fix seems completely fine to me.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 24, 2013
4 posts
32 upvotes
Milton
primetimey wrote: Imagine being this mad over a little bit of ruffle in the leather. Your second picture of their fix seems completely fine to me.
I wish I had a picture of the initial ripple, it was very very minor. It didn't bother me that much and was brought up just to inquire about it. I am not a Honda dealer or tech, so I did not know what they would do to fix it. I assumed it was a simple adjustment or ironing out. I was never upset about it and would live with it just fine if it was deemed "normal". Honda agreed that it needed to be addressed and took ownership of the job. I am upset that the car was handed back to me with the seat now in 10x worse condition then when I left it. And I was expected to now live with it.

The passenger side is saran rap tight, no wrinkles. The driver side was the same with a minor wrinkle near the seat belt. After they worked on it the driver seat was loose and could be lifted like a cheap universal seat cover.
Jul 6, 2010
705 posts
1486 upvotes
Toronto
That's pretty bad workmanship in the pictures. I can understand why you are so upset about the whole ordeal and the attitude.

The bad news is that other dealership service departments aren't much better. Georgetown Honda is not too far from you and has had a good reputation over the years (they were excellent when I went there a while back), but I've read reviews of that getting worse in the past few years as well. But you may want to give that a try for any future service at a Honda dealership.
i am upside down
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2784 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
To those saying they're fine with the repair I'm curious to know the model year of what you drive, if you buy a brand new car and shell out that kind of dough and would accept that job the dealers must love you.
Nov 9, 2005
840 posts
226 upvotes
OP I would of done the same thing, you are NOT alone.

I really do not understand why people here attempt to degrade you. I will definately avoid that dealership and that service manager was lucky that it wasn't me in your shoes.

I would of totally lost it if my seat looked like that after service.

Edit: Mod removed deragatory post from another user I quoted.
Last edited by Cybersid on Dec 10th, 2019 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
Might have missed it, how did you find out about the note on file? Pics?
Apr 26, 2007
653 posts
68 upvotes
OP, instead of writing this here, its better to just write an email to the owner/GM directly.
Thank my post if it helped!
Nov 10, 2015
315 posts
262 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Dont all leather driver seats start to ripple over time? Am i missing something? Of course the passenger seat is tight cuz no one sits there...?
Last edited by kammj1 on Dec 10th, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.