Expired Hot Deals

[AWAY] HOT - AWAY Luggage - up to 50% off almost everything

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 4:43 pm
Nov 22, 2017
148 posts
196 upvotes
Finally was able to check out! Hot deal and was looking to upgrade some luggage anyways. Still waiting for a good deal on the Travel Pro Elite to add another as I prefer soft sided luggage but for now the Mrs gets this plus I gave myself a duffle.

Frequent travellers will appreciate good wheels and solid handle. While you can get certain qualities at lower prices, more often than not it won't be the same. Travel Pro Elite changed the game for me!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8182 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
Driftwood wrote: Aren't expensive looking suitcases more likely to get stolen?
I have B&R and Samsonite check-in luggage, carry on Rimowa and I'll get my gf an Away. I don't see the need for expensive or high end check-in suitcases as I agree with it being an easy and obvious target.
Jul 21, 2006
549 posts
153 upvotes
Away basically doesn't have sales, so they must be hurting bad. I paid full price for their aluminum bags, and they are great. With very few traveling, they can't sell much especially at regular prices.
Last edited by dpolites on Sep 9th, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 8, 2006
385 posts
75 upvotes
I told myself I would get new luggage if i got the promotion, which i did, except I didnt know it would be during covid .... I guess the only reason its on sale is because of covid though so ...i got one!

thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14523 posts
7424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Driftwood wrote: Aren't expensive looking suitcases more likely to get stolen?
That's correct which is why I like B&R - they are expensive but don't look expensive for the most part. Unlike something like Tumi which has Tumi in big red letters on the luggage tag so that it basically cries out to be stolen.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14523 posts
7424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Variability wrote: I have B&R and Samsonite check-in luggage, carry on Rimowa and I'll get my gf an Away. I don't see the need for expensive or high end check-in suitcases as I agree with it being an easy and obvious target.
IMHO, there is a bigger need for better luggage for check-in suitcases as those suitcases take a beating where the average carry-on lives a much more gentle existence. All of my B&R warranty claims have been on my check-in luggage while my carry-ons have never had a claim.
Mar 27, 2013
43 posts
14 upvotes
My order is stuck at the order confirmation. It just says PLEASE WAIT... any suggestions for those who got their orders thru?
Nov 24, 2007
285 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
craftsman wrote: 5. "In the event of a Defect and in order to get the benefit of this limited warranty, you must return your Luggage to Away and provide Away with proof of the original date of purchase. Should shipping costs be required to return your Luggage, you will not be responsible for those costs. " Taking care of shipping both ways is better than most warranties including B&R.
B&R has authorized repair facilities in some major cities where you can drop off and pick up, and have repairs done at no charge (St. John, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Kelowna, Victoria)
Dec 12, 2006
54 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
darshvader wrote: My order is stuck at the order confirmation. It just says PLEASE WAIT... any suggestions for those who got their orders thru?
If you hit refresh on the browser, it should reload itself and go through... I had to do that a couple of times, as it seems to timeout (was on the fence, but finally put the order through)
Mar 24, 2008
144 posts
65 upvotes
Richmond, BC
darshvader wrote: My order is stuck at the order confirmation. It just says PLEASE WAIT... any suggestions for those who got their orders thru?
Same thing happened to me this morning but when I checked my Order History, it was already there.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14523 posts
7424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
orange260z wrote: B&R has authorized repair facilities in some major cities where you can drop off and pick up, and have repairs done at no charge (St. John, Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa, Kingston, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Kelowna, Victoria)
I know as I use the facility in Vancouver all of the time. But we, who live in major centres, aren't the only ones buying luggage so you have to give credit where credit is due.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
2801 posts
1136 upvotes
Kingston
The prices don’t look outrageous but I only buy Eagle Creek or Osprey higher end wheeled bags these days. I’ve a couple of Eagle Creek bags that have been dragged down dirt streets built on a volcano slope, shoved into buses, trains, and planes etc and still going strong after years of abuse. The only reason I want to change them is to get something a bit bigger for my wife. Wheels are great, build is great, functionality is great too. No more unwieldy hard sided luggage for me. They are lighter too so you can pack more in the checked ones.

Edit: never heard of this brand, the bags just look generic, no idea how anyone could think these give a traveller any status.