Expired Hot Deals

[AWAY] HOT - AWAY Luggage - up to 50% off almost everything

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 4:43 pm
Nov 24, 2007
285 posts
217 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
craftsman wrote: I know as I use the facility in Vancouver all of the time. But we, who live in major centres, aren't the only ones buying luggage so you have to give credit where credit is due.
I don't disagree, was just pointing out an option for some. Interestingly, their website doesn't list a AR in Vancouver, only Victoria... so maybe there are others out there too? Was surprised that there was none in Halifax or Calgary.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14523 posts
7424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
orange260z wrote: I don't disagree, was just pointing out an option for some. Interestingly, their website doesn't list a AR in Vancouver, only Victoria... so maybe there are others out there too? Was surprised that there was none in Halifax or Calgary.
Probably a glitch in their database. Weston Luggage in Vancouver is primarily a repair shop with a small 'showroom' out front.
Feb 8, 2006
385 posts
75 upvotes
WOW i already got an email from UPS stating my order is being delivered tomorrow!
Oct 9, 2011
489 posts
182 upvotes
bibe1547 wrote: 300 cad for this

maybe that's why you need sturdy luggage so the contents won't be damaged :p

Have been using Samsonite for years, how do they comapre?
May 31, 2009
68 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Damnit, RFD! Trying not to spend money, but hard to resist. I've been intrigued by this luggage for a little bit. I've been using Heys which isn't that great. I bought a Bigger Carry-On.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5400 posts
858 upvotes
As much as I want to buy one of these, it's so hard to justify for it. Most of my trips have a bit of rugged travel component to it and I much rather take a 30-40L backpack than roll this around.

Aside from business travel, I guess these are for those who vacation in a more "refined" way!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
4525 posts
312 upvotes
Darn, sold out for the one I wanted!
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3056 posts
369 upvotes
Don't be nosey
Putting the money discussion aside, is a Tumi Alpha 3 International Carry On worth the price or shall I pick up an Away?
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5400 posts
858 upvotes
RunOrDie wrote: Putting the money discussion aside, is a Tumi Alpha 3 International Carry On worth the price or shall I pick up an Away?
Tumi has always been expensive, but imo it's not justified:
- Their warranty isn't anything to write home about
- The usb port is a gimmick, when have you carried a usb cable around just to plug into your luggage? If you're opening up your bag (side pocket) for a cable, you might as well put a battery there also
- TUMI has more "brand presence" than B&R, so people know you're carrying an expensive bag
- With zippers, if you were to check in, there's nothing that prevents someone from opening it easily

If you're getting it on sale for cheap, then sure... but at regular price, you might as well buy a Rimowa.
May 5, 2006
677 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Lovable wrote: Darn, sold out for the one I wanted!
I called the Yorkdale store yesterday and they said the online site should be restocked today or tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8182 posts
2813 upvotes
Toronto
markol wrote: I called the Yorkdale store yesterday and they said the online site should be restocked today or tomorrow.
They've already restocked online, some things just aren't coming back.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1025 posts
2245 upvotes
RaidZero wrote: Any feedback on their lifetime warranty?
Yeah their lifetime should be over soon.

50% of employees gone, 90% decline in sales, thinking of raising capital to fund operations instead of debt (esp now with debt so cheap), 90% decline in social media engagement for a brand that relies heavily on social media, all during a pandemic when their target consumer market doesn't need them - possibly for years.

https://media.thinknum.com/articles/lug ... its-staff/
$28 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
  • eSIM capable
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
14523 posts
7424 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
DeltaSingh wrote: Yeah their lifetime should be over soon.

50% of employees gone, 90% decline in sales, thinking of raising capital to fund operations instead of debt (esp now with debt so cheap), 90% decline in social media engagement for a brand that relies heavily on social media, all during a pandemic when their target consumer market doesn't need them - possibly for years.

https://media.thinknum.com/articles/lug ... its-staff/
NOTE> That article is 5 months old so the situation might have changed. I suspect that part of the reason for the current sale is to free up money that is tied up in all of the inventory they probably have sitting around.