Expired Hot Deals

[AWAY] HOT - AWAY Luggage - up to 50% off almost everything

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 4:43 pm
Jan 18, 2006
457 posts
58 upvotes
Thanks Op! Ordered.

Has anyone’s shipped? Not like I have any travel plans :( haha just curious if the sites FAQ of “1 business day” is accurate.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1203 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Those look like quality luggage. I wish I wasnt so cheap. Also cant justify it given I have no idea when I can travel next.... Good deal though. Thanks for sharing OP
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Dec 24, 2002
347 posts
3 upvotes
For a company that rarely does sales this is great.

Just bought 2 of the aluminum bigger carryons and a kids carryon for my 3 yr old. Did the Onyx for me and the gold at 50% off for the wife.

Looking forward to seeing them.

Great deal.
Jul 16, 2019
466 posts
255 upvotes
zedsky wrote: Thanks Op! Ordered.

Has anyone’s shipped? Not like I have any travel plans :( haha just curious if the sites FAQ of “1 business day” is accurate.
Ordered yesterday and got a Purolator notification for delivery tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1395 posts
167 upvotes
whats so good about "good quality" luggages?

I bought some 100$ BS from costco and its still in great condition after over 20 flights
Jul 21, 2013
36 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
epik89 wrote: whats so good about "good quality" luggages?

I bought some 100$ BS from costco and its still in great condition after over 20 flights
Really just comes down to how much you fly. As someone who is on 75+ flights a year (other than this year), a bag that rolls really well and can take some abuse makes a big difference.
Aug 23, 2011
43 posts
40 upvotes
VANCOUVER
heyulookin wrote: Anyone have experience with the Bigger Carry On and using it for WestJet flights? According to their chart (https://www.awaytravel.com/ca/en/compare) they don’t allow it. Any success using it anyways?
I've travelled fine on both Air Canada and Westjet with the bigger carry on, it fits fine in the overhead cabin. But I have never been asked to try to fit in the bag in one of the test size things (at the counter usually).. i don't know what they're called.

great luggages, just bought a matching weekender.
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
251 upvotes
vernonco wrote: I have one of their Away cabin carryon's. I used to travel a lot pre Covid - 130-150K miles by air per year. This is worth the price. Wheels are smooth. Lifetime warranty. Design is excellent. You can push it on a hard surface (like airport tiles) with one finger. Mine has a removeable rechargeable battery too. If you fly once a year this is probably not a good value. If you fly often or a few times, this is great. I was looking at Rimowa before settling on this brand - Rimowa was twice as expensive. Some of my colleagues also have either Rimowa or Away. Rimowa is like wearing a Rolex - it is functionally superb but also a status symbol which is distinctive. Away can also be identified easily and shows style in travel while also functional. I know of someone that had a problem with a Away bag and they exchanged it pronto - no problems. I frequently check by carryon as baggage and so far no problems at all. I have had it for over a year. I think I paid $379 for it.

Frequent traveller here. Agree that having a durable luggage with nice wheels is awesome. Though I bought mine for $100 (not Away) and it seems to perform just fine. At 50% off I can see it being a good deal for many.
Jan 21, 2017
794 posts
251 upvotes
KingAli wrote: WOW! I suggest everyone who is looking to buy a suitcase from Away reads this article first
At least the other takeaway is that the CEO really cares about the customers. Sure her approach is messed up (and she was fired for it ) but I do support the customer first philosophy
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2398 posts
2265 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
KingAli wrote: WOW! I suggest everyone who is looking to buy a suitcase from Away reads this article first
A lot of startups are like that. Life lesson is using Slack to vent about your bosses is stupid, since administrators can view any and all messages sent on the company slack (including private channels and private direct messaging).
Nov 22, 2017
148 posts
196 upvotes
Had my order cancelled and then the 50% suitcases were all sold out so lost out on that. Re ordered a couple other things...
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1596 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
manubear wrote: Had my order cancelled and then the 50% suitcases were all sold out so lost out on that. Re ordered a couple other things...
When did you place your original order? I bought a suitcase on Wednesday but it has not shipped. I hope it doesn't get cancelled as well...